Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57326 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2014, 10:26:38 am »

"In an age of secret oppresion our heroes must unite to break the Throne of the God Emperor and his armies of Angels and Demons. However, They have many more enemies than just the Self-Proclaimed God Emperor or his legions, for in the sea the sacred city of Atlantis has risen from the depths of the ocean itself. Legend has it, that when this happens armagedon itself is sure to come. Dangerous weather surrounds the island and no creature has yet to make it through alive or come back at all. Even the most brave sailors refuse to go near it...what or who is inside that city?"

Pulled that out of my rear.
That would be fairly amusing.
Might go with it, although modified.
Any other suggestions that may or may not influence the plot?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2014, 10:29:21 am »

Not really, I'm just curious how many " players " will be trapped in the game. By which I mean how many NPC's who are trapped players to fill out the ranks. You need a plentiful supply of them to die horribly and declare things impossible so we look suitably impressive when we do it.

And to induct into my guild so I can hurl them at bosses to die while I wait to spot it's weakness.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:01 am »

Hmm...
Considering that most MMOs have millions of players...
Around 500,000? Give or take a few hundred thousand.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2014, 10:35:18 am »

Oh nice, that makes my idea to recreate the zerg army from SAO possible and extremely funny. Btw in this do you die for real if you die in the game?

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:08 am »

Obviously. Otherwise, what's the point of me sticking you guys in an MMO?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2014, 10:41:08 am »

Respawning? y/n?

Also, are there going to be NPC people playing the game from their computers?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2014, 10:41:49 am »

Obviously. Otherwise, what's the point of me sticking you guys in an MMO?
Death is the final release, though, so eventually it might be the more preferable option.
Respawning would have to have steep penalties if it was a thing, and eventually could be seen as worse than dying, because there truly is no escape.

Of course, respawning would mess up the game, and would have to be well planned.
Take a closer look at this text!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2014, 10:42:49 am »

Hmm...
Looks like we have much discussion to do.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2014, 10:43:49 am »

Well you could just be in a coma or something until it ends rather then dead. It dictates how I treat my minions.
If they go into a coma then I'll give them a butter knife and throw them at the boss, but since it kills them I can't send hordes to die or I'd be a total ass.

Not computer. Virtual reality set that accesses your brain directly to intercept impulses from it to control your character rather then your body.

Maybe instead of respawns you could have a limited number of items that can be bought or found that can be used to revive a dead person. We have limited magic in that form so it'd fit.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

Well it could be that the Governments of the world have sent us in (kids because that's apparently what the Japanese would do lol.) to stop the "God Emperor" who is really a virus made by some insane person/organization.

Oh nice, that makes my idea to recreate the zerg army from SAO possible and extremely funny. Btw in this do you die for real if you die in the game?

The "God-Emperor" Virus likes to eat other programs to grow bigger and stronger BUT it can only do that when NPC's of towns are being killed by it's soldiers.

It also has to follow some "game rules".

1. All NPC's are to be protected and not harmed unless they go rouge or support a player character. If they support a player character than they can be killed.
2. It can interogate whoever they want for information, and HOWEVER they want.
3. If an NPC is killed by the God-Emperor or it's forces WITHOUT it having supported a player character than the NPC re spawns.
4. The God-Emperor must also have proof or an idea of a NPC supporting a player before it can act. (for example: buying equipment in front of the gaurd stations.)

"In an age of secret oppresion our heroes must unite to break the Throne of the God Emperor and his armies of Angels and Demons. However, They have many more enemies than just the Self-Proclaimed God Emperor or his legions, for in the sea the sacred city of Atlantis has risen from the depths of the ocean itself. Legend has it, that when this happens armagedon itself is sure to come. Dangerous weather surrounds the island and no creature has yet to make it through alive or come back at all. Even the most brave sailors refuse to go near it...what or who is inside that city?"

Pulled that out of my rear.
That would be fairly amusing.
Might go with it, although modified.
Any other suggestions that may or may not influence the plot?

Go nuts i doubt whatever i put down is golden it literally took me FIVE minuites to put together.

I'd most like that. Makes it challenging and less "we are heroes of tyria and we're badasses!" kind of personalities. I mean you CAN have it but be smart when going about things.

Have some towns or villages with different equipment sellers. Each town/village has different dudes and doing missions/favors for them grants you a bonus that could let you have a one time discount on whatever you buy.

Example: do 3 favors and have a 20% off on the map you wanted.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2014, 10:49:14 am »

If they go into a coma then I'll give them a butter knife and throw them at the boss, but since it kills them I can't send hordes to die or I'd be a total ass.
:-\ You're an ass either way.
Possibly moreso with the coma, because that right there shows that you don't care about them.
Besides, high-tier equipment would give them a better chance at, you know, accomplishing things other than being killed...
Take a closer look at this text!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2014, 10:49:41 am »

Why does everything have to be an anime? :|

Not computer. Virtual reality set that accesses your brain directly to intercept impulses from it to control your character rather then your body.
It's the difference between "being stuck is how the game is played," and "you guys have the misfortune of being stuck in the game."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2014, 10:55:18 am »

I have a better idea then the zerg army instead anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:48 am »

Well it doesn't have to be.

Maybe we can Cyber police and programmers trying to stop the god emperor virus...that just happens to be in a video game sorta way.

We can say that the God-Emperor Virus was trying to hide and eat programs in the game knowing it will always have more people come in.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:18:29 am by 3man75 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

Hmm...
I'll have to think about it. In the meantime, more discussion!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89