Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57138 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 12:16:13 pm »

Which ones? I don't remember any of those, other than some visual effects that did nothing.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »

You have to read the books to fine out that a lot of those beams of light actually DO hurt at a certain range.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »

PTW

This gonna be "Real RP"?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 12:18:16 pm »

Some sword skills acted like that already however.
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
But if you're adding ranged weaponry to a system based off one with presumably ridiculous abilities with swords.
You're going to have to add some for those that want to be dedicated to ranged combat. Like myself.
Consider this a declaration of my interest.
Take a closer look at this text!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 12:21:13 pm »

Thing is, I did read the light novels. The first 2, anyway. No mentions of light dealing damage, except in, you know, actual direct hits, anywhere.
Some sword skills acted like that already however.
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
But if you're adding ranged weaponry to a system based off one with presumably ridiculous abilities with swords.
You're going to have to add some for those that want to be dedicated to ranged combat. Like myself.
Consider this a declaration of my interest.
We're talking about the hype train that is SAO, which was good at first, but went down hill after season 1.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

Season 1 was both SAO and ALO combined. Season 2 is going to be GGO, and I'm not sure what else...

I'm on number 10, though have been slacking off on my reading. Whatever you want though, your game.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 12:25:02 pm »

I consider the Aincrad arc season 1. Please, don't try to convince me otherwise. My brain wouldn't be able to handle it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

Since this is an FG and not a video game, we're not limited by code, so I might include the create sword skills system from ALO.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 12:29:20 pm »

I'm interested.

Are there going to be choices for being a robot pirate ninja zombie?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:16 pm »

Depends on what kind of MMO we do. If it's SAO-esque, then I'm afraid not. We haven't really decided though.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:33 pm »

Sounds like this will be more structured than the other one, with a defined rolling system and stuff. Might help with the pace somewhat, though depending on complexity it could be a bit of a workload for you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 12:35:12 pm »

Whaaaa- oh. You're taking abou that thing we talked on the IRC. Nope this is something different. I'm still planning that one out.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

Interested in the PBP version, can you pm me when your ready to start it?

Also, will you include the invention capabilities from log horizon?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »

Well if we're going SAO will we be able to found a guild and recruit other people to join us and help out?

One of the key things I loved in the initial Ark was the switch system made to work on a squad scale. Kinda reminded me of an old WOW guild I was in where we ran battlegrounds with teams working in consort each made up for specific objectives.
I never had more fun then when 10 of us working as a team cut the entire enemy team to bloody ribbons in AV. Disclaimer : I was the " noob " who played shadow priest and just chained up so many dots on so many people that I healed faster then they could kill me but hey, nobody said life's fair.

So few people online these days take the time to develop any bonds as a team and instead just rely on blunt force.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:18:38 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:24 pm »

Teamwork? That's what happens in C&C Generals matches when I nuke the people working with me out of the game, right?  :P
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89