Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Goals for the fortress:

Embrace the name, full power to the cheese industry, maybe we can hire Misty from the littlest cheese maker.
- 4 (80%)
Other: post comment of other ideas.
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: DF - by committee: Welcome to Stenchhammer[Y3] - Fort goals  (Read 6993 times)

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bet that necromancer is having fun with all the corpses of self murdered kea around, and the decapitated crab man.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile

no,he's just sitting at the edge of the map not bothering anyone.pathfinding is broken in 0.40.05

ok,i'm at early winter.the undead are still outside,the king keeps making difficult mandates and new bedrooms are on the way.

half of the fort is still flooded,however.and we have a booze problem again.

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May have to turn off brewables on the cooking menu for a time if they keep getting converted to food, also i found turning off the booze on cooking helps too >.> sometimes the cooks cook booze... somehow.

I hope you manage to put a end to that pesky necromancer

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Granite,191

Hyphont stepped down,as is tradition.A year has passed,now it's time for a new overseer.He offered me the position,i accepted.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The time has come.

2nd Granite,191

No drinks.I'll take care of that,as soon as we have plans.Won't send anyone to gather plants aboveground.Too dangerous.

The new recruits train without using their weapons.Fools.Maybe if i capture some more elves i can construct a training arena.If the other elves are as brave as the previous ones,however,no need for a military.

Water froze,no drinks.We're gonna get thirsty unless we find a cavern soon.

3rd Granite,191

Here's an elf bowman stuck in a tree.Fitting.

An aquifier.Hate them.But it will solve the water problem.

12 Granite,191

Trouble.Gonna lock the fort for now.Elven zombies are not very dangerous,but cannot risk losses.Not yet.But that gives me an idea.

At least we can drink from the aquifier.Water muddy,stagnant and smells funny,but will take it over dehydration any day of the week.

17th Granite,191

We're still at siege.The stupid elf stuck there and can't go down.Maybe i'll help her after all.Or maybe let the walking dead help her.Haven't decided yet.

22nd Granite,191

We have drinks again.Good.People we getting impatient.Now we must think of a way to get through the aquifier.

Also,Hyphont declared himself the king.Came to me and said he wanted scepters.Two.And a better bedroom,an office and a dining room.I will begin work on the scepters,but the accomodations will have to wait.Both mine and his.

Need suffecient space first.

15 Slate,191

Hyphont wants a statue.Whatever.I reopened the barracks.Was starting to feel rusty.

17th Hematite,191

This has gone long enough.Gonna kill the living elf,the dead elf,and anything else on the surface.

19th Hematite,191

Ok,the elf is dead.But i don't want to attack the zombie.Too dangerous.

21 Malachite,191

Work continues as normal.Striving to provide reasonable accomodations for everyone.

This goes straight into my room.

23rd Galena,191

I...don't feel well.I tried to take care of the undead,but we stepped out,killed a zombie hen,and then it started raining that Armok cursed substance that causes fever.The zombie killing mission is postponed for now.

2nd Limestone,191

Good news:Elf dead.Again.Bad news:

Whoops...Seems we must make new bedrooms.And cemetary.At least until the aquifiers runs dry.

And in the midst of chaos,our king stands proud and stranded in his quarters.A true king of the dwarfkind.Don't worry,Hyphont.I'll get you out.

4th Limestone,191

Our metalsmith went to her room while the floor was flooding.Now she's in danger of getting stuck and drowning.She is really stupid.

11th Limestone,191

More problems

But operation:rescue the king was a sucess

26 Limestome,191

My room is open too.Started constructing new bedrooms.Hopefully,these ones will be for dwarves,not fish.

6th Timber,191

New bedrooms continue as planned.I got a new kitten!

8th Moonstone,191

Reallocated the military.The crossbowdwarves were better with their fists than with their crossbows.

5th Opal,191

Started a large mining operation.Target is to breach the caverns.Already uncovered vast quantities of gold and silver.

17th Opal,191

Gems,bismuth and malachite.Could prove useful.

23rd Opal,191

Success!Got to be careful,though.Lots of threats in the caverns.Don't have much time left as overseer,so i walled it off.If someone wants to expand there,he should simply break the floor.

17th Obsidian,191

A terrible accident occurred!Dr.Katz tried to enter the fort,but,dizzied as he was,stumbled onto one of our traps and had his head reduced to a bloody pulp.I shall remove them,too dangerous.

24th Obsidian,191

My overseership is ending.Surface is too dangerous.Booze is over.Running out of wood,coal and bronze.Caverns are our only hope.Approach with every caution,however.And don't mind the flooded part.For now.Good luck to the next.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the necromancer is still at large,and i advise against going against him yet.We lack even iron equipment,we have only 5 soldiers,and the best of them are only Skilled.

Save coming soon.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay your up snackfox, if you can get the game working.
If you cannot still yet, please let us know so Alev can take their turn.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Welcome to Stenchhammer We has a king now! (Year 2 complete)
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »

I'm sorry guys, but I've had a really busy schedule, and I don't think I can finish my turn. I'm really sorry.

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2014, 09:33:33 am »

How much have you played and how much more time would you need to finish?

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Stenchhammer Year 3 start
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:13 am »

Dwarfy you are up if you still want a turn, I sent a pm before, don't know if you started yet or not.  Also we need more overseers so post your interest if you want, this is shaping up to be a "special" fort.

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2014, 04:02:07 pm »

Sorry, I am now returned!

Life lifted it's ugly armpits in my general direction and needed to be handled with a rusty spork, but I'm currently all set to go and shall begin.

News Soon!
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

good luck.remember,we have 14 dorfs and the undead are badass.only 3 zombies and a necro,but stronger than us and sitting near a corpse,so look out.our militia is armed with bronze and doesn't even has anyone above level 4.i suggest recruiting our miners to drive them away(i wonder how i didn't think of it earlier).

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2014, 05:20:22 pm »

Well, I have some of my own plans for them. We shall see, though, where it all leads! Onward to FUN.!
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »

Have at it.  I look forward to your update Dwarfy.  Incase we do not get any new overseers do you want to just do another round with us?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2014, 12:37:03 pm »

-_- Dead already. Drat. NO ONE MEMORIALIZE DR VON KATZ PLEASE. I like the idea of a psychotic kitten-murdering ghost wandering around giving orders
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8