Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a util or code lib to dump fort data to text  (Read 788 times)

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a util or code lib to dump fort data to text
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:30:10 pm »

I am looking for a mod which can dump to a text format (preferably xml or json but something custom would be ok) as much info about a dwarf fort as possible. I am interested in stuff specific to the fort itself as opposed to worldgen / history. Ideally I would like:

Info about each dwarf as you would see via the in game menus. Eg: description, personality, kills, relationships

Info from memorial slabs

Artifact descriptions
Other data like descriptions of statues or engravings would be a nice bonus.

If such a thing does not exist I could probably make it given a library that can extract the data from df. C# would be preferred but c++ would work too.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a util or code lib to dump fort data to text
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:09 am »

I am looking for a mod which can dump to a text format (preferably xml or json but something custom would be ok) as much info about a dwarf fort as possible. I am interested in stuff specific to the fort itself as opposed to worldgen / history. Ideally I would like:

Info about each dwarf as you would see via the in game menus. Eg: description, personality, kills, relationships

The forumdwarves script can export the descriptions.

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a util or code lib to dump fort data to text
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:24:29 am »

The forumdwarves script can export the descriptions.

cool, thanks. That is a neat script.

I think I'm just gonna byte the bullet and learn lua for a DFHack script for what I want though.