Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!  (Read 9429 times)

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:02 pm »

((Can we see our rolls? And our active abilities? Like please?))

Read the runes using my abilities to see into the memories of others in conjunction with my statistical bonus to learning.

The first spoiler states the rolls.

blazing glory

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2014, 10:51:15 pm »

Read the runes using my abilities to see into the memories of others in conjunction with my statistical bonus to learning.

I think it would be easier for everyone if you do them like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It makes things more convenient,all the other GMs do it.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »

I think it would be easier for everyone if you do them like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It makes things more convenient,all the other GMs do it.

If people are used to that, I guess I'll change how I post my
turns.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2014, 07:35:26 am »

"What a mess..."

Try to clean up the mess of papers then continue on my search around the office.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2014, 11:24:10 am »

Continue to examine the ceiling! Any flies up there?
Take a closer look at this text!

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2014, 02:18:11 pm »

•••
< 1 >
Divi dei forces his body to try and move off the sofa but pain surges through his back. He bites his teeth in pain as he lies down on the sofa, again.
•••
< 3 >
Mark walks around the office, notices nothing and decides to head outside. He notices his mansion to be a lot smaller than he'd imagined. The hallway leads to a stairway that leads downstairs to the entrance. He walks towards the stairs and looks downstairs, the door is marble white and a chandelier hangs from the ceiling. Fancy.
•••
< 1 >
Starn quickly fills his mouth with tissue paper to staunch the bleeding and hunts for a weapon.H However, it seems as though the bleeding doesn't stop and his mouth fills with blood again, forcing him to spit it back out and continue cleaning his mouth. The bleeding has got to go, obviously.
•••
< 4 >
Jason scavenges the couch for a remote and finds one stuck in the side. He pulls it out with ease and turns the TV on. The screen brightens up as a channel comes on. It's a news channel. Jason quickly places the remote on the table and listens closely to the reporter. It's a women dressed in casual clothing, and she's talking about a city of some sort. Jason doesn't recognize the city at all...weird, what could she be talking about? Probably humans just doing their daily life. Of course, Jason was human, but he was a caster. He starts to think she isn't talking about any where near them and decides to change channels. However, when he grabbed the remote, he notices something odd about the reporter. She seems to be carrying something at her side...is that a rod? He listens a bit longer to find that this woman seems to be a Caster also as she pulls the wand out of her pocket and swirls it, turning the reporter into gas as it flies off the screen. What?
•••
< 4 >
Arian quickly focuses his mind on the runes and tries to decipher them. The runes begin to slide across the cover, changing positions. After minutes of transitioning, the runes end up in the same spots. This isn't right. Arian also feels as though he learned nothing...something's blocking him.
•••
< 6 >
You sigh and mumble to yourself and gather your papers. Of course, you forgot to watch how you hold the papers because the paper slices through your skins. The skin slices through your finger and leaves a nasty cut. Blood doesn't come out, but he feels the stinging and rushes to his desk. He pulls out drawers, looking for band-aids and luckily finds one in a cabinet. He rapidly covers the cut and continue searching his office. He finds nothing interesting, other than a couple of cabinets on the side of the office.
•••
< 5 >
You examine the ceiling and notice a few flies in the corner, flying around each other...that was fun.
•••
The desert begins to shimmer, as if there's a huge heat gaze. There seems to be a wall blocking an exit from the desert. A cripple forms near the street connected to the apartments...
•••

Spoiler: Mark Zweihander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starn Gundar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divi dei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jason Caldwell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lillian Klein (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

Hm. Try to make the flies dance a jig by controlling their insides.
((I'm assuming we're aware of our power?))
Take a closer look at this text!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 03:44:17 pm »

Leave the TV on where I can hear it. Go find a backpack and put some canned food and bottled water in it. Continue searching for rocks.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2014, 04:40:44 pm »

Stuff a bandage in my mouth.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 04:44:34 pm »

Leave the mansion and start walking to the edge of the city.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »

Fuck it. Make a horizontal barrier of cloth and carry my tired ass out into the street.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 06:25:58 pm »

Look out through the windows and try to find anything out of place.

GMArian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 12:47:30 pm »

Train my abilities by attempting to figure out how the items around me function (clocks, televisions, whatever be it that has any complex mechanics) - If none are available, read a book.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2014, 01:29:36 pm »

Name: Khaziraad
Type of Magic: Necromancy.

This looks rather interesting. Good luck for fellow starting GM.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2014, 06:55:49 pm »

•••
< 6 >
Lillian quickly forces his hands out, aiming towards the flies, focusing on their blood. The flies jerk for a moment before Lillian feels the link between him and the flies. He feels the bond and manipulates it, forcing the flies to move. However, he puts too much power into it as the flies start flying around the apartment, dancing. Their wings begin to move at a rapid pace, so fast they rip right off! The group of flies fall down onto the floor. Dead. You feel a bit tired.
•••
< 6 >
Jason picks up the remote from the TV and presses the "Volume Up" button, making the TV echo throughout the apartment. He leaves the sofa and searches around, looking for a backpack and supplies. He finds a bag behind his bedroom's door and takes it. Looking inside, he discovers supplies already inside. Three cans of fish, two bottles of water, a medical kit, and a pocket knife. He puts the bag down and searches for rocks. He doesn't notice any from just looking and decides he should test out his magic. He quickly closes his eyes and focuses on the rocks around him. He feels the countless amount of pebbles near him and forces them to hover towards him! But he put too much effort! He opens his eyes to see pebbles fly at him! The rocks quickly bounce off of him. Hm, at least he has a pile of rocks in front of him and feels a bit tired.
•••
< 6 >
Focused on fixing his mouth, Starn hunts for a bandage. He opens the bathroom cabinet and finds a medical kit. He opens it up and finds some bandages. Starn quickly rips the cloth and stuffs it in his mouth, he takes some tape and tapes the cloth onto the bleeding areas, holding the blood off. The tape feels weird against his gums, but it'll do.
•••
< 1 >
Mark, confused about the town, decides to head outside. He quickly runs down the steps and falls! His body bounces down the stairs, and hits the floor. He doesn't feel any pain, but he decides to lie down anyway.
•••
< 3 >
Divi dei moves his arm ever so slightly, to allow for magic to move the cloth around him, drapes are torn from their place and sheets are removed from the couches. However, they do make a nice carpet to lie on. Divi dei sits on the flying carpet, but he already feels exhausted and decides to rest on the blanket. He feels a bit more tired, too.
•••
< 3 >
Crimson looks out the window to see if anything out of the ordinary is happening, but nothing of such sorts seems to be interesting.
•••
< 1 >
Arian forces his body to exert enough magic to learn about the gadgets around him, but he exerts nothing and tires his body.
•••
The ripple at the street where it ends grows in size and now covers a quarter of the invisible wall.

Spoiler: Mark Zweihander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starn Gundar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divi dei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jason Caldwell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lillian Klein (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10