Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!  (Read 9434 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »

((Grab the addon Lazarus for browser crash related text problems.

Also I don't really have any direction, here? Is this a perplexicon/looters delight esque free for all?))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

((Grab the addon Lazarus for browser crash related text problems.

Also I don't really have any direction, here? Is this a perplexicon/looters delight esque free for all?))

You'll have to wait for the next turn/post. This first post was just an introduction to your environment. It's not really a free-for-all, character sheets will be shown in the next turn/post. But for this turn, you can do whatever. Just no magic. And your action, I don't know that that add-on is, I'm not going to google it, so change it to something basic.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

((I didn't post an action, actions are always bolded. That was a suggestion for you. The addon saves text as you type, so if the browser crashes you can just right click on the field and restore it.))

Search the house, I suppose.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 03:06:16 pm »

Echolocate to search the mansion for anything useful or mysterious.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »

((I didn't post an action, actions are always bolded. That was a suggestion for you. The addon saves text as you type, so if the browser crashes you can just right click on the field and restore it.))

Search the house, I suppose.

Well, in honest, it didn't really crash. It just randomly closed. I'm pretty sure my mouse was no where near the X nor did I press Alt + F4. Either way, I'll keep that addon.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 04:05:49 pm »

Search the apartment for useful items, like a backpack or supplies. Maybe try to find some rocks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:12:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GMArian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 05:02:51 pm »

Look for books/reading material / something complex.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »

Search the office for anything of interest.

blazing glory

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

Look around.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »

Spoiler: Roll Order and Summary (click to show/hide)

•••
Starn looks away from Arian's eyes and examine the house. He notices stairs head above, and decides to walk towards them. He walks up a step and forgets how to walk up stairs and trips! His jaw slams into a step as he feels his teeth crack. Arian hears this and heads over, he stands up as Arian examines his mouth. He doesn't need him to say anything because he already knows what happened. He's holding a few teeth and he feels blood in his mouth as he runs into the bathroom in the hallway and spits it all out. Blood splatters in the sink.
•••
Arian leaves Starn to himself and heads out on his own adventure to explore the house. He finds a bookshelf near the door and examines the books. The sides of the books are blank, so he decides to pull a random book out of the shelf. He picks a leather-wrapped book. The cover of the book seems to be written in some type of runes...
•••
Mark immediately decides to test out his inner ability and focuses his sense of hearing on the mansion, listening to any sounds he can hear. Nothing.
•••
Divi dei looks around his house and examines it. He notices a stairs leading to where he came from, his bedroom and stairs leading below. He really doesn't notice anything before getting a bit tired, he decides to sit on a nearby sofa and rest.
•••
Crimson's ready to explore the office when another gust of wind blows through the windows, knocking over more papers! Papers are flying everywhere now, disrupting your vision of where you're going. Papers are now spread all over the floor, maybe you should clean it up before you make matters worse.
•••
Jason doesn't really know where he'd look for anything and decides to sit down on the couch and examine the TV, it's shut off.
•••
Lillian doesn't really know where to look for such objects and decides to lay on the couch and examine the ceiling, it's white.

Spoiler: Mark Zweihander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crimson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starn Gundar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divi dei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jason Caldwell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lillian Klein (click to show/hide)

Question of the post : Would you guys like if I wrote in third person or first person?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:07:13 pm by Lytia »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:27 pm »

Third.

anyway, uh... look around... some more? Still don't really know what to do, here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »

Try searching the house through mundane means.

Third. First person can get confusing with multiple characters.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

blazing glory

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

((Third,anyway you made a mistake,you labeled my character as Mark.))

Try to find a weapon.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:05:16 pm by blazing glory »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2014, 08:59:34 pm »

((Third person.))

Turn on the TV and try to find a program about the nearby desert. Look around the living room for any decorative rocks on shelves or something.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GMArian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 09:49:50 pm »

((Can we see our rolls? And our active abilities? Like please?))

Read the runes using my abilities to see into the memories of others in conjunction with my statistical bonus to learning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10