Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is a "sucessful infiltration"?  (Read 3044 times)

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is a "sucessful infiltration"?
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:24:37 pm »

Im using the horde Cyberterrorist guide in the forum, and i wonder in some public issues are conservative like "14% cares about industrial pollution". So if i infiltrate the "Oil Factory" what i have to do? At that point i have rifles and heavy armour with maxed dodge, but actually killing every conservative helps the issue?

Another question not related to the one above, if you want your sleepers to get juice and they are normal folk (like college student, music critic, etc.), should tell them to advocate liberalism?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: What is a "sucessful infiltration"?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 02:30:10 pm »

Any crime helps, afaik. Destroying equipment, killing relevant conservatives, and other location-specific actions tend to be the most effective.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »

But just pew-pew conservatives makes the following newspaper talk bad about the LCS, so that only works if you have expert writers writing news?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

But just pew-pew conservatives makes the following newspaper talk bad about the LCS, so that only works if you have expert writers writing news?

If moderates or Liberals see you, yeah, you're likely to alienate the masses.  The real trick is to destroy Conservative infrastructure, Liberate enemy supplies, mark the site for Liberation, pick locks (that really needs changed), and/or engage in combat with Conservative forces without endangering the civilians.

Site-specific stuff like safecracking attaches charges, but definitely brings the media attention.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:52:22 pm »

If there is a conservative, like a security guard, while there are liberal/moderate, they generally run of there, i alienate the masses if i fire in presence of them?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »

No, you only aleniate the masses if you attack a moderate or do stuff like picking a lock in front of witnesses.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »

Another noob question, if my Elite Liberal Cyberterrorists make the cops retreat, and i move, the army raids my old safehouse. After that if i move back again the army will raid me or the cops will come first?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:18 am »

I believe it goes cops -> cops with snipers -> army -> army with bombers -> FBI/CIA? Haven't played in awhile.

EDIT BECAUSE I'M STUPID

You have to defeat one siege to trigger the next. A Conservative victory knocks you back down to normal cop sieges.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 05:03:05 am »

CIA gets triggered when you hack them. I don't think they're involved in that escalation of force.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:41 am »

You will alienate the masses if you perform any crime in front of a moderate/liberal.  The one exception to this is attacking conservatives, but note that there's a chance that you'll miss and hit an innocent if you do this.  It's probably better to try and avoid fighting when moderates/liberals are around, yeah (if you're about to initiate combat then you can talk to them to make them go away).

Killing people is actually very good for public opinion though.  I managed to have an almost perfect game opinion-wise using just one liberal with absurdly high stealth and knives (he'd just run away if he ever met more than one enemy).

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »

I believe it goes cops -> cops with snipers -> army -> army with bombers -> FBI/CIA? Haven't played in awhile.

EDIT BECAUSE I'M STUPID

You have to defeat one siege to trigger the next. A Conservative victory knocks you back down to normal cop sieges.
FBI/CIA send mercs, but aren't in the general chain. The chain is more cops -> cops with snipers -> armor -> army with tanks -> army with bombers -> All of the above with Navy SEAL 6.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 10:11:19 pm »

But if the cops/army raids a empty safehouse, that counts as conservative victory?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:24 am »

Answers:

Raids are specific to the safehouse, not the squad. This means that if you've gotten the air force to attack a safehouse, and you move the liberals generating the heat, the escalation will restart at zero from the new safehouse.

The sequence is police SWAT -> national guard -> army ->air force/SEALs. There is no higher rank. The CIA can raid you, but for reasons independent of the things that trigger police raids.

If a police raid attacks an empty safehouse, nothing happens. No it is not a conservative victory. Similarly, if the police raid an occupied safehouse, but none of the liberals on-site are wanted for any crimes and there are no crimes being committed at the safehouse in question (e.g. nobody on-site who is a hostage or was one), then surrendering to the police will cause the police to only confiscate weapons and some money, but leave you in the safehouse.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »

Sorry but i had to do lots of savescumming to try to find that, but cant find to make it work. Isnt possible to:?
1) Receive Swat/Army (i dont like facing SEALs with noob rifle dudes), which unless the RNG screws me so hard, my elite squad of M4/Heavy Armour can oliberate them
2) Move them to an apartament or something sort of it (maybe selling excess loot and weapons first, repairing gear just takes too much time and risk the F-22 planes)
3) Wait in an apartment or an non-upgradeable safehouse (in r772 looks like i only have 1 starting abandoned building, and imo the crack house sucks so much)(which ofc will generate heat super-quickly) till the Army raids my now-empty safehouse.
4) Move back because heat is inmediately reduced to 0%

Most of the times, when enemy comes back, they come with planes anyways :/. Or im supposed to Recieve attacks in another safehouse?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 11:11:07 pm »

Oh, I see what you are asking.

Raids are idiosyncratic and depend on a RNG (it's a 1d3000 every day, which if it rolls less than or equal to the heat, it will trigger an impending raid). The raids once triggered have IIRC between six and twelve days between triggering and arrival. Your high-heat liberals will be generating heat in their new safe house, so it is even possible that they will be raided in the new safe house first. The way to avoid this is to get a police sleeper agent who will warn you when the raids are coming. One day is enough warning to move everything in the city to a new safe house, and unless you've lost one or more to the CCS, you will always have at least two: an upgradeable safe house, and the homeless shelter.

The upgradeable safe houses are one per city on the newest, multi-city, version, but (unmodded) there are four cities in the game: Seattle, New York, Los Angeles, and Washington. Moving squads between cities costs $100 and requires that you have a car. You can also move liberals between cities individually, but it's $100 per liberal instead of per squad.

EDIT: if your heat is high enough (more than about 300% I think), then the enemy will start with the bombers. You only get SWAT if you have low but positive heat (less than 50%).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:13:13 pm by SlatersQuest »
Pages: [1] 2