Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Host of Vratgorod - OOC and signups [4/4]  (Read 4431 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
The Host of Vratgorod - OOC and signups [4/4]
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:06 pm »

Right. I decided to run another game – my fourth one so far. This one isn't an RtD, though, being based on a simplified GURPS ruleset – what I like to call “GURPS Ultralite”. A 3d6 roll-under system is used for actions, and there are four stats. Hitpoints are present, though I reserve the right to interpret them creatively (-1 HP is a scratch. -15 HP is something like having your arm blown off, with all the consequences that entails.) I won't use a formal system for Advantages, Disadvantages, or Quirks, and skills that can be represented by roleplaying, like Savoir-Faire, are also not gonna be used.

The setting is early Renaissance in Earth terms – gunpowder weapons have recently been invented, and steam technology is in the early stages of development. Medieval armaments are still widely used, though. Much of the world has undergone a transition from viewing humans as insignificant and powerless before the whims of Fate to a view of Man as the sole creature that stands unbowed before it, equal to a god in all but scale. It cannot be determined if this shift occurred because of all the advances in technology, or the other way around. I should warn you that it's a non-magical fantasy setting - there may be monsters, but no fireballs can be thrown by normal humans. Sorry.

Now for the bureaucratic part: I wished to make this game playable for people who haven't read the GURPS rulebook. We won't be using official GURPS charsheets, long skill lists, complex rules for picking your nose, et cetera. Still, if you have time, the GURPS Lite rulebook is available here. For those who don't, the important rules are below.

Spoiler: THE RULES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SETTING (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CHARACTER CREATION (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CHARSHEET (click to show/hide)

There is a waitlist, if anybody asks.

IC THREAD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:27:28 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Host of Vratgorod - OOC and signups [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:51:26 pm »

PLAYERS:

GiglameshDespair as Klara Konicek

Comrade P. as Gregor Kravastov

micelus as Abbas ibn Fadi

SilverDragon as Jhon Mikkalsson

WAITLIST:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:27:13 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »

In. My character's healer with skill in fencing.

Spoiler: In progress (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:09:45 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:20:45 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 03:25:43 pm »

To anyone whom it may concern - added 10 more points for character creation. P, your skills have to have a level, too.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:33:08 am »

Right, this is good.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:50 am »

Actually, never mind. I don't think I can do this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:11:14 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 01:43:49 am »

Reserving as well, making a character sheet.

Edit: Here's my character sheet.

Name: Jhon Mikkalsson (That Slavic?)
Appearance: Slender, with light skin and brownish-black hair.
Bio: John grew up in a small religious fishing village along the Chol worshipping the 27th deity. On his 15th day of birth, Jhon was given  a small amulet to remember his family, and set out towards the closest city, set on learning the ways of battle. When he arrived at Zolotyn, he found a mercenary company and joined. (I'm roughly assuming that because this is in Late Medieval era mercs exist)

Working closely with the mercenary captain, Jhon learnt the ways of the Matchlock Pistol, of which he was terrible at, and Swordsmanship. Eventually, John had fought in a few minor skirmishes, and achieved enough to be raised to the rank of Second Sword Captain. After a failed skirmish in which Jhon nearly died, and was left behind , assumed as dead, Jhon travelled back around towards another city, where upon he heard of the "mission", per se. Jhon, at the age of 20, set out for the Vratgorod, bringing along only his damaged equipment and his amulet.
Stats
ST: 12
DX: 12
IQ: 12
HT: 10
Skills 
Physical: (I don't quite undersea d the skill system, so... yeah)
One Handed Swords - lvl. 4
Shields - lvl. 3
Mental:
Logic - lvl. 1
Additional equipment: 1 Small Silver Amulet.

Is this all correct? I think it is, but if it isn't, can you let me know?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:17:18 am by SilverDragon »
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 05:32:12 am »

Name: Jhon Mikkalsson (That Slavic?)

If you want to keep it Slavic, I'd suggest to think of somethig else, 'cause the name is an aglomeration of letters similiar to the base of a name in almost all the european languages and the surname is slightly jewish. Not like it's a bad thing, of course, just not slavic enough.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:46:16 am »

...oh... I'm terrible with medieval names. I thought slavic names come from western Europe... oh well. I'm keeping that as my name, anyway, simply cuz I can't be bothered thinking up a name. :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 06:36:31 am »

...oh... I'm terrible with medieval names. I thought slavic names come from western Europe... oh well. I'm keeping that as my name, anyway, simply cuz I can't be bothered thinking up a name. :P

You sound American
Nevermind. Everything is fine except western Europe was always something like Italy, Germany, France, England, Spain, etc.
But once again, everything is fine, nevermind. :)
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:00 am »

Mikkalsson would fit pretty well as a Messeni name. Maybe your character has curious ancestry. It's alright, I'd say.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 08:27:53 am »

Sorry, did you just nearly call me an American? I'm proud to say that I'm countryist against America. I'm an Aussie.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:54:43 am »

Sorry, did you just nearly call me an American? I'm proud to say that I'm countryist against America. I'm an Aussie.

Oops. Sorry. Bitchslap me next time I attempt to define people's origin judging by their posts.
Sigs

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:32 pm »

So, say, Avis, what about money? What is local monetary system? Maybe a few prices of various stuff to understand how much they worth?
Sigs

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5