Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249313 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 244 Reality poisoning dagger
« Reply #7200 on: May 04, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »

PM's will be tomorrow, if anyone decides to send any. Since I have 0 in my inbox right now  :-\
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:15 am »

One final turn, then end the ritual. +1/+1, +1/+2, +2/+1 essences, all non-chaotic.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: May 05, 2017, 10:09:37 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Blast. I'm going to need a better scanner, then."

Three essences in preparation to make a better scanner. Some sort of underground sonic radar, maybe. Mining continues, away from the hidden fun stuff and adamantine.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: May 05, 2017, 01:23:43 pm »

Use my eye cube to find the bear.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: May 05, 2017, 01:28:51 pm »

continue helping in the ritual's final turn
+1 cmp
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: May 06, 2017, 11:24:28 pm »

Three +1/+1 essences: a ring which enhances curse magic.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: May 07, 2017, 11:49:06 am »

animate the shovel, giving it leg like appendages if necessary, so that it can shovel mud into the lily pads by itself
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: May 08, 2017, 04:53:49 am »

"It is a good place to meditate..."

Sit down in the garden and become one with universe. Ponder on the nature of the sword.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: May 08, 2017, 04:33:27 pm »

Turn 245

One final turn, then end the ritual. +1/+1, +1/+2, +2/+1 essences, all non-chaotic.
continue helping in the ritual's final turn
+1 cmp

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of three remaining sacrifices flared with power and burned away. Two remaining ones soon followed, but their flames wrapped back towards the stiletto, which had developed a faint glow. It was finished. The stiletto was imbued with power to bend fate in ways that made it had always been bent. And it refracted fate like a diamond refracting light. A path of gold for one holding the handle and a path of lead to one touching the edge. But there was no handle, except for the one that was in Gambler's mind, as the stiletto flew around propelled by magic and will.

Spoiler: Stiletto of disaster (click to show/hide)

Doktor Diabolical:

"Blast. I'm going to need a better scanner, then."

Three essences in preparation to make a better scanner. Some sort of underground sonic radar, maybe. Mining continues, away from the hidden fun stuff and adamantine.

Doktor gathered more power to see if he was truly so unfortunate, if the fate really was teasing him so. Though, it seemed that there was other fortune buried in the rock so strangely close to the surface. It started as some chunks of molten rock that seemed like it had once been a meteorite. Then the mining bot pulled one of these meteorites from the rock and found that its other side was covered with diamonds. It was more than a handful of them there and it was not the only meteorite shard in sight.

Use my eye cube to find the bear.

Cuberac sent out his diamond eye to where disturbed snow was seeded with attack cubes. The bear had doubtlessly improved its already good disguise by piling snow on itself, but maybe there would still be something. And indeed there was. A black spot on closer examination turned out to be the nose of the bear Cuberac was looking for. With this, he knew where the bear was, and to little surprise it was the centerpiece of scattered cubes and craters in the snow.

Three +1/+1 essences: a ring which enhances curse magic.

Gloomy focused his power nice more into a ring shape, but this time it would empower rather than erode. A ring to strengthen his peculiar powers. Alas, even with a power boost from the Tower he did not have quite enough power. The ring was there and it worked, but it was wasting away as Gloomy watched.

animate the shovel, giving it leg like appendages if necessary, so that it can shovel mud into the lily pads by itself

Seva decided that it was about time to test the emerald in spells that were slightly less related to growing and attempted to animate the shovel he was using. The shovel spun in the air, throwing mud everywhere, then landed in the mud and continued spinning, throwing even more mud everywhere. Birds fled to a safe distance, leaving Seva to be caked with slightly magical dirt and water.

"It is a good place to meditate..."

Sit down in the garden and become one with universe. Ponder on the nature of the sword.

The thing about the universe is that there is a lot of it. Ao was finding this out while asking for a directions from a friendly genie after he took a wrong turn and found himself sixty trillion miles away from his body. The pure spirit was not limited in speed, but looking through everything in the universe would had taken too long even so. But the genie wasn't lying, and Ao found himself back in the Tower. But not quite back in his body yet, as a smoking spirit looking like a particularly ugly monkey was already reaching towards his body, seeking to snatch it.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 245 Just a scratch
« Reply #7209 on: May 08, 2017, 04:36:17 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:41 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that's nice. Hm. Diamonds are useful for all sorts of things... lasers, for instance."

Let's get those diamonds mined out and transported to the factory. While that's happening, Doktor Diabolical improves the prospector bot's sensors and data processing(-1 for doing two things?) using 2 +1 POT essences, 1 +1 CMP essence, and a +1/+1 essence. Afterwards, he creates(-1) a robotic grenade(-1 or 0) at a distance(-1) using all his chaotic essences and a +1/+1 essence. The reason he's creating it a distance away from himself is because he doesn't want to get blown up if the grenade explodes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: May 09, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »

Equip handheld bladecube and move into swarmcube range.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: May 09, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »

Summon one more luck ring and give it to Skelliborn, as payment (2 +1/+1 essences). Then two essences.

"Marvelous! A ring in payment, as promised. I intend to go back to the area with the crystal towers, near where we entered. I believe you had business there as well. Would you like to accompany me?"

If he agrees and is alright with leaving this turn or does not agree, leave the tower and begin heading north.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:15:14 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: May 09, 2017, 04:44:54 pm »

Sounds like a plan
Go back to the Ruby tower with The Gambler. 3 Essences In Preparation For Taking On My Old Side Quest.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:46:28 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: May 10, 2017, 09:10:05 pm »

make the shovel stop spinning and obey my commands
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 506