Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249409 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 236 Layers of containment
« Reply #7125 on: April 10, 2017, 05:16:09 am »

"Unexp-pect-ted outc-come. It-ts good I was p-prep-pared..."

Counter freeze effects with sword training - try to gauge its latent abilities once more. Thank James for help if his spell actually helps.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: April 10, 2017, 09:48:18 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

*Twitches* "What... just happened? Didn't I... but he... bloody quantum mages. On the other hand, quantum mechanics is a thing. Idea!"

Idea requires additional essences. 3 of them. Previous action struck through.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: April 10, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »

Turn 237

Continue trudging on mushroomward! +3 essences.

(sniff, sniff...)

I smell murder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan continued his journey and soon found himself resting near the poison leaking mushroom from before. It was still as dangerous as it was before, but now with an added danger of some sort of dog sized aphid things that were drinking the poison.

Use my cube eye to find whoever just hit me, and consume my healing cube, if I still have it.

((I'm still near the top of the map, right?))

{Made invalid due to GM mistake. Another action can be written that will be retroactively done}

Summon 2 blades (2 spells)

Skeliborn conjured a pair of blades, one of them was a bronze shortsword, but the other was a steel blade so large that it was veering on the side of impractical. there was a triangle shaped widening at the top, making it at least as much of an ax as it was a sword.

continue ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence, non-chaotic

Seva continued pouring power into the ritual. These were going to be some damn impressive mud pigeons when he was done with this.

Three essences.

Magus continued gathering power, unlike so many others he knew that what this was all about was using maximum skill at an appropriate time, not blasting magic about willy nilly.

((Looks like Urghe-Ongho got duplicated during the duplication fix. Also, there's a stray copy of Filtiarn's grey dot running around. These multiverse shenanigans are really getting out of hand lately.))

Increase the mighty steed's dexterity! [+1/+2][+1/+1]
Make an essence!

{That's actually Cuberac, his purple and hex purple are the same.}

Redrum paused in his journey for a moment and sent more power into his hydra, seeking to oil the old joints to make them a tad more dexterous. It kinda worked out but not to the point where he could consider the change significant. Maybe another go at it would solve this?

Essence roulette.

Gloomy conjured power until he could hold it no more. What remained flopped out through the window and flew off in a vaguely raven shaped form. Probably going to trade someone bad luck for eyeballs, none of Gloomy's business.

Cure the negative effects of his hypothermia.
Then 3 summoning essences.

James cast a spell on Ao. He tried to help and he was still bound by his oaths to help those in need. But the spell did not seem to want to take, some of the blood spots from frozen blood vessels vanished but quite a few still remained. But they were not life threatening, which was the goal for now.

"Unexp-pect-ted outc-come. It-ts good I was p-prep-pared..."

Counter freeze effects with sword training - try to gauge its latent abilities once more. Thank James for help if his spell actually helps.

No matter how much Ao slashed the air, he did not come any closer to figuring out what his sword did. There was a change in the air that was cut, but he couldn't figure out what it was. The cold was not helping either, he had warmed up a bit but this onl meant that that previously frozen bits were now starting to hurt.

Doktor Diabolical:

*Twitches* "What... just happened? Didn't I... but he... bloody quantum mages. On the other hand, quantum mechanics is a thing. Idea!"

Idea requires additional essences. 3 of them. Previous action struck through.

Doktor, having recovered from a slight bit of temporal nonlinearity, returned to gathering power. He had a new project in mind already.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:13:06 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: April 10, 2017, 09:09:50 pm »

PM's come tomorrow, hopefully map does too.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 237 Spatial fluctuations
« Reply #7129 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:07 am »

((Maybe Google drive could work))
3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: April 11, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »

Try fine tuning my inaccurate cubes a bit more.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: April 11, 2017, 09:23:50 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Sacrifices will be needed for the ritual-er-aetheric resonance matrix."

Doktor Diabolical uses 2 +1 CMP essences and a chaotic +1/+1 essence to create(-1) a quantum computer(-?), then makes 2 essences.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: April 11, 2017, 10:02:10 pm »

What the-? Bah, I can't have these insects messing with my (among other things) research! Well then, time to field test my new blade! Royalty away!

Use royalty to cut the giant aphids to ribbons! Avoid damaging the mushroom too much, if possible.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: April 12, 2017, 08:43:42 am »

Three essences.

Did I ever get a list of the cantrips?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: April 12, 2017, 08:18:15 pm »

boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence, non-chaotic
same essences used as last turn, then finish the ritual
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:26 pm »

I see six actions here, pretty sure there should be more. Since it's probably my fault for not adding the map on time, I'll wait until tomorrow morning and do the turn then.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: April 14, 2017, 03:20:25 am »

2 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: April 14, 2017, 12:17:28 pm »

Turn 237

3 essences

Skeliborn, with a pair of fresh blades in hand, returned to gathering power. There would be a time for using it soon.

Try fine tuning my inaccurate cubes a bit more.

Well, the cubes stopped whizzing about. Even if it only happened because all of them were embedded into the ground, it was still an improvement, right? No, it wasn't. Cuberacc had only so much optimism and he wasn't going to waste it here. Soon, the cubes were back into their orbits.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Sacrifices will be needed for the ritual-er-aetheric resonance matrix."

Doktor Diabolical uses 2 +1 CMP essences and a chaotic +1/+1 essence to create(-1) a quantum computer(-?), then makes 2 essences.

A quantum computer, the great device that could instantly(sometimes) give you the correct(usually) answer. The perfect basis for housing an AI that was actually smart rather than just annoying in new ways. And Doktor now had one, not too big, it was a cube about two inches across. There were several empty ports for connections that were likely to remain unused in foreseeable future.

What the-? Bah, I can't have these insects messing with my (among other things) research! Well then, time to field test my new blade! Royalty away!

Use royalty to cut the giant aphids to ribbons! Avoid damaging the mushroom too much, if possible.

With a flash of noncolor, Royalty cut straight around the mushroom and through the aphids. Several were immediately reduced to chunks, while others rushed to escape and managed to escape with only few wounds. The mushroom stood pristine, not a drop of ghastly sap was moved by the sword.

Three essences.

Did I ever get a list of the cantrips?

{You didn't, and I probably won't send you one. You can search for any spell you can imagine being useful around the house and I'll roll to see if you get it.}

Magus continued pooling his power.

boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence, non-chaotic
same essences used as last turn, then finish the ritual

Seva felt the ritual power lurch and try to clash against itself. It burned brightly for a moment but then the light moved to a sacrifice and flared. Both light and the sacrifice vanished soon afterwards. This was close enough for his purposes and Seva released the ritual. Several birds formed from the mud, hardened into a solid earthy form and rose to the air. They began flying around Seva and his other birds regarded them critically from their perches on his shoulders.

2 essences.

Redrum continued collecting power.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 238 The calm returns
« Reply #7138 on: April 14, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »

PM limit strikes again. Haven't actually properly done PM's in so long I forgot all about it. If you haven't got an answer to your PM it will probably be there in an hour or so.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 238 The calm returns
« Reply #7139 on: April 14, 2017, 12:25:26 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Good. Very good."

Right ho. Mining fist bot keeps mining, because Doktor would like to get some ores for his factory... actually, Doktor Diabolical assembles(0) his recently created parts pile into a prospecting(-1) bot that obeys his orders(-1), using a +1 POT essence and a +1/+1 essence. It might not have the computing power to do its stuff right now, but when Doktor Diabolical plugs the quantum computer into it... afterwards, he makes 2 essences.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:49:53 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 506