Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249445 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 235 The fire spreads
« Reply #7095 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:02 am »

((I was wondering, do hydras have multi-attack capabilities?))

Mount the skeletal beast and trudge deeper into the heart of the swamp (south-west), in search of the cemetery the Gravekeeper revealed to me. Make 2 essences along the way.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: April 01, 2017, 03:47:53 pm »

Continue hemming in the aetheric flow with more summoned (aether-proof) glass walls.
Then, three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: April 01, 2017, 03:54:48 pm »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: April 01, 2017, 08:57:16 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: April 02, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »

Create 3 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: April 03, 2017, 01:13:28 pm »

Sorry folks, it is very likely that I'll be skipping today's update due to university reasons.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: April 03, 2017, 02:07:30 pm »

((R.I.P. Spring break.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: April 04, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »

Use frost dragon breath and strategic dirt summoning to keep aether from flowing towards my tree. Then craft 2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: April 04, 2017, 03:50:15 pm »

Use frost dragon breath and strategic dirt summoning to keep aether from flowing towards my tree. Then craft 2 summoning essences.
Assist using potion of ice breath, strengthening its effect with 4 chaotic essences (+1/+1). And also further test the sword against the burning aether. Its identification is close...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: April 06, 2017, 08:11:51 pm »

Turn 236

Woah. It would seem that I accidentally not only raised the specific heat of the air, but also robbed it of a huge amount of energy. Well, that's chaos for you. Anyways, it seems like you all have the situation under control (not that I could contribute much more) so I'll head off and continue my experiments. Toodles!

Begin walking back towards the poison-oozing mushroom. Make three essences along the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan, seeing that the magma seemed to be in check and that he wasn't of much use, left the area and began trekking back towards the mushrooms. He reached the edge of the desert before running out of breath, the mushroom forest was already in sight.

Continue the ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence(all non-chaotic)

Seva continued pouring power into the ritual and quite successfully managed a particularly large chunk. The birds were ready now, though the more power he captured, the greater the finished work would be.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh, for goodness' sakes, get away from me!"

Doktor Diabolical loads his blunderbuss with the small parts pile. If the mage with the floating cubes doesn't move away from Doktor Diabolical, he fires it at the cube mage. Otherwise, he makes 3 essences.

If the problem was not going to go away on it's own, Doktor was not one bit shy about forcing it to do so. Scrap was loaded up into the blunderbuss, the weapon was aimed, charged and finally fired. It was strangely silent, the parts just flew off at great speed. Some distance away, the unwelcome visitor collapsed as the message of unwelcomeness reached it.

Create 3 essences.

Cuberac was very swiftly reminded why people usually did not voluntarily spend any amount of time anywhere close to a mage. Doktor fiddled with something and then great pain spread through Cuberac's leg as a metal gear impacted it, shattering the bone and forcing him to the ground. Shards of several cubes fell around him as they too were struck by random strikes. Only three of the original swarm remained.

((I was wondering, do hydras have multi-attack capabilities?))

Mount the skeletal beast and trudge deeper into the heart of the swamp (south-west), in search of the cemetery the Gravekeeper revealed to me. Make 2 essences along the way.

{They do, but it isn't dexterous enough to do that yet}

SPD [(6-2)/2+1=3]
CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [5]

Redrum climbed the hydra and ordered his mighty steed forward. But while mighty, the steed was slugish. No terrain could impede it, not seriously, but it was still far from it's speed in life.

Continue hemming in the aetheric flow with more summoned (aether-proof) glass walls.
Then, three essences.

Gambler conjured a few more glass shields against the flames and then returned to gathering power. The Tower would be safe enough now.

Three essences.

Magus too saw that the danger had passed for the moment and also returned to gathering power. The flames were both far away and behind two walls, there was nothing left to worry about.

3 essences

Skeliborn gathered extra power along with the others.

Assist using potion of ice breath, strengthening its effect with 4 chaotic essences (+1/+1). And also further test the sword against the burning aether. Its identification is close...

James took a deep breath and breathed out onto the burning aether, blasting it far off where it wouldn't be any harm to anything important, like his fire tree. But there was an unexpected sight right next to him. Ao, being one of the nice mages, tried to help out. Alas, his power was thoroughly unsuitable and his plan to use inherent chaos in magic backfired spectacularly. There were icicles hanging from his hair and nose, his skin was blue and he was shivering. When James breathed out the cold blast Ao breathed the same in, the chill spreading through him enough to freeze the grass under him.

{Ao, frozen. Lowered SPD and DEX}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 236 Layers of containment
« Reply #7105 on: April 06, 2017, 08:14:00 pm »

On one hand, I have time now. On another, that is because I also have flu now. PM's tomorrow, 150 POT of aether left.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: April 06, 2017, 08:15:24 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Wait, that actually worked? Huh. I sense a trap."

Doktor Diabolical sends his mining fist bot and attack drone to finish the mage off, assuming the mage isn't already dead. Meanwhile, Doktor Diabolical will create(-1) a parts pile and load it into his blunderbuss. ((Wait, Cuberac is quantum.))
~~~
On another, that is because I also have flu now.
((Get well soon.))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:48:48 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: April 06, 2017, 08:54:02 pm »

Continue trudging on mushroomward! +3 essences.

(sniff, sniff...)

I smell murder.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:10:58 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: April 07, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »

Use my cube eye to find whoever just hit me, and consume my healing cube, if I still have it.

((I'm still near the top of the map, right?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: April 07, 2017, 02:56:56 pm »

Summon 2 blades (2 spells)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 506