Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1250353 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 188 Greatest of mistakes
« Reply #6105 on: September 18, 2016, 03:23:08 pm »

Also, I came up with an epitaph for the gravestone of Bloodmage Jackson, if he ever gets one:

Here lies Jackson, may he rise as an undead abonimation and take his revenge against those who have wronged him (and/or participate in a Thriller parody, either one is fine).
He died as he lived: singing, bleeding, committing crimes against nature, and on fire.

((Well, if Easter and your headless corpse survive this, I can use it as nutrition for my future wasps. You will live on in more than just memory.))

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: September 18, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »

((So, to recap: we've now got a brand new abomination of nature fire-containing tree, a pile of charred corpses and a handful of unclaimed shards (which may or may not have been destroyed already), all just a stone's throw away from a !!duel!! between a bodiless nature druid, a phoenix and a mage in a wasp suit. Oh, and the mage community as a whole is now at risk of being stalked and murdered by a blood genie summoned in some basement at the far reaches of the world.))

"Any mage may glean information from their surroundings, although I find that I am often more aware of the process than most. Think, Trickster, of the instant in which you sense the beginnings of a spell, or recognize the desires of one who seeks your death. I have knowledge of the same. There are, of course, certain limits to such a power, even for one such as I. A mage cannot penetrate the surface of a fellow's mind, and our kind are as predictable as a roll of the dice."

"I digress. Your request is certainly within my power, and it is a desire I, myself, appreciate. I am afraid that I do not have much use for potions in recompense, as I may produce a similar effect with my own abilities. However, your assistance in a spell, and the addition of a portion of your more chaotic essences to this battery's stores, would be very much appreciated."

"Very well. Name your price, and we will begin this transaction."

((Whisperling, feel free to send me a PM if you want the details of the spell you mentioned to remain secret.))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: September 18, 2016, 03:38:00 pm »

Summon sword of summoning nearby objects.
Use:
1 Blade essences +1CMP
1 Blade essences +1POT
4 Blade essences +1/+1

Use the sword to summon the shards to me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:56:23 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: September 18, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »

PSA:Damond's shards are where his body was, meaning in a massive pillar of flame.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: September 18, 2016, 04:05:43 pm »

((Oh wow, this turn came out earlier than I expected!))

Manipulate blood to crush pyramid crystal
((If I remember correctly, it's a rock, not a crystal, but I guess that's not too significant.))

Kick dust into Kahel's eyes and give him the magical equivalent of a convulsive seizure by making his limbs (including the arm holding the dangerous cutting implement) move around erratically (much like I'd done with the vines back in that underwater pyramid deathtrap). Direct the pyramid to discharge its beam into the blood barrier, hopefully disintegrating it.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: September 18, 2016, 07:33:38 pm »

Reinforce the enchantment that increases LUCK while casting, making it more effective. Use a +1/+2, +2/+1, and 2 +1/+1 essences. Then make an essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: September 18, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »

Summon a healing cube. Take a look at that leader's robes, and consider replacing or supplementing my own.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: September 19, 2016, 12:19:12 am »

I just remembered that Jackson lost his throat before he died. I've edited the epitaph accordingly.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: September 19, 2016, 04:18:28 am »

"Yet another mage without understanding balance has caused birth of abomination. Will they ever learn?"

In the end a tree is still a tree, even if it has no place in this world. Shias approaches location of his body to check out if it survived or not. Then he walks/floats next to the firetree, touches it and asks (magic if necessary): "Who are you?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: September 19, 2016, 05:18:28 am »

((the good news is that it's not another eldritch tree.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: September 19, 2016, 08:28:17 am »

InB4 it is, in fact, another eldritch tree.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: September 19, 2016, 10:50:41 am »

InB4 it is, in fact, another eldritch tree.
God damn it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: September 19, 2016, 03:23:40 pm »

Manipulate blood to crush pyramid crystal, while gutting Xom with cutlass. Then, cast "Chilling hands" upon Chaos mage. (or pyramid, if he dies)
Manipulate blood to crush pyramid crystal
((If I remember correctly, it's a rock, not a crystal, but I guess that's not too significant.))

Kick dust into Kahel's eyes and give him the magical equivalent of a convulsive seizure by making his limbs (including the arm holding the dangerous cutting implement) move around erratically (much like I'd done with the vines back in that underwater pyramid deathtrap). Direct the pyramid to discharge its beam into the blood barrier, hopefully disintegrating it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With a flick of Kahel's hand, solid blood around the pyramid's cap began moving and churning trying to grind down the magical stone. It was not doing much damage, but neither mage had time to see that. Xom was too busy trying the oldest trick in the book of kicking dust in Kahel's eyes and was finding out that it was far harder than it seemed in theory. Kahel, unbothered by this, stabbed forward, but accidentally aimed a bit too high and his blow was deflected by a rib, causing a wide gash on Xom's right side rather than killing him. Xom returned the attack by causing random convulsions in Kahel's muscles, focused on his blade arm. It was less successful than he hoped, as Kahel not only failed to cut himself, but even managed enough self control while convulsing on the ground to grab Xom's left leg and freeze it solid. Some distance away pyramid disintegrated blood that tried to attack it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:25:48 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: September 19, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »

Hide from pyramid beams behind the Xom (since he can't really move now). Freeze & hack him some more. If there is still some 'free' blood - send it to grind at the pyramid.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: September 19, 2016, 11:21:35 pm »

woops, press the air button.
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 506