Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246257 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 154 Magical styleoff/snoboff
« Reply #5055 on: April 16, 2016, 03:00:01 pm »

Remember that ring I made a couple of turns ago? Make another one of those, as well as three essences.

Also, put on the first one, if I haven't already.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 153 Flesh eating beasts for all
« Reply #5056 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:01 pm »

I think this could be a cool mechanic but it would also be nice to sacrifice someone/something else's blood.

((Probably doable by redirecting damage to something else in general))

On a second note, during most of next week, I will be away on college tours with noncertain Internet access.

If I can't post my actions will be as follows
if Beholders still live/other enemies, fight them using vortex bane.
Else if Beholders are dead. Take my 3rd of the eternity and 3 essence routine.

{Fourteen minutes and twelve seconds away from having full 24 hours between identical posts. You were so close.}

((I had error 504 gateway timeout when I did the first post and the first time I reloaded the page I was still on the write a post page. I  assumed that the post hadn't posted so I pressed post button again. I quickly realized my mistake and tried to retcon it but I see you saw it within the 1 minute or so where I had identical posts

On a side note, it turns out that I have internet so I will be able to post an action while I'm away from home.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: April 16, 2016, 09:50:07 pm »

PM action
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: April 17, 2016, 07:24:12 am »

PM's are being processed. That includes yours, Prismatic, I haven't forgotten.

star2wars3, I'm going to wait a day for XXXXYYYY/Gambler, and if he does not post, add your turn in.
((Got caught up in school stuff, sorry.))
Let Luck guide my hand. Try and stab the Beholder that slowed me in the eye.
((Creates 6/6 essence with a naturally rolled 21))

Seems like we're making progress.
Sees Gambler hit by beams.
Are you alright over there?
Skeliborn

Action:
Continue battling the big Beholder using Vortex Bane.

((I think it's been 2 days))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: April 17, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »

PM's are being processed. That includes yours, Prismatic, I haven't forgotten.

star2wars3, I'm going to wait a day for XXXXYYYY/Gambler, and if he does not post, add your turn in.
((Got caught up in school stuff, sorry.))
Let Luck guide my hand. Try and stab the Beholder that slowed me in the eye.
((Creates 6/6 essence with a naturally rolled 21))

Seems like we're making progress.
Sees Gambler hit by beams.
Are you alright over there?
Skeliborn

Action:
Continue battling the big Beholder using Vortex Bane.

((I think it's been 2 days))

{Damnit, knew I forgot something.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Larger beholder that had just caught Skeliborn's sword clamped down on the blade to hold it in place. It's eye gleamed cobalt again and Skeliborn dived aside, holding onto the handle as his mass fell beneath the beholder and beneath the lightning bolt that blasted through where his head was. Bit further away, Gambler was having his own problems. His first blind swing placed his hand in perfect position to be bitten through. This did not distract him enough from moving with grace of a professional dancer, first tossing the beholder away and then plunging his stiletto and about half of his fist in the eye of the beholder that had just bit him. Skeliborn, not wanting to be outdone, pulled out his blade with several of Beholder's teeth, but while he was too close for beholder to dodge, it still managed to turn a hit into a glance on its scaly hide.

Only two people are AFK'ing and they are:
Blake Thorne
Flare

Character sheets included three corpses though. Oops. Fixed now.

If nobody is against the Blood Power, I'll add it on next turn, which is likely going to be on tuesday.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: April 17, 2016, 03:01:31 pm »

If nobody is against the Blood Power, I'll add it on next turn, which is likely going to be on tuesday.
((Recommendation: as it is, the Blood Power has quite a few ways in which it can be abused. James in particular... he could just heal every bit of damage taken from it.
So, I like the Blood Power: but here's an idea as to how to improve it:

The Blood Power cannot be used more than once per turn, the injury appears before the spell is cast and the pain from said injury can disrupt the spell(roll END to successfully cast), and Blood Power cannot be used while an injury from a previous use of Blood Power is still present.

Sound good?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: April 17, 2016, 03:38:37 pm »

((Recommendation: as it is, the Blood Power has quite a few ways in which it can be abused. James in particular... he could just heal every bit of damage taken from it.
So, I like the Blood Power: but here's an idea as to how to improve it:

The Blood Power cannot be used more than once per turn, the injury appears before the spell is cast and the pain from said injury can disrupt the spell(roll END to successfully cast), and Blood Power cannot be used while an injury from a previous use of Blood Power is still present.

Sound good?))
I agree with your first, second, and fourth limitations, but your third suggestion is a bit much; if it goes through, nobody will actually use Blood Power.

(except you, Mr. 3 Endurance  :P)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: April 17, 2016, 04:13:36 pm »

Have an absence of teeth beholder. heh heh heh.

Skeliborn

Action:
Keep slicing/stabbing the larger beholder.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: April 17, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »

"You look different, James. Did you do something with your hair? And Bob, I see you brought a pet. Make sure you clean up after it. Nice to see the two of you made it through. Grundar is already here, but I would like to catch up with you before you go to see him if you have a moment, James." Jase greets the arrivals to the Tower.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: April 17, 2016, 11:08:46 pm »

"Of course I have a moment, I came here to talk to you actually. How're ya doing?"

3 healing essences while I talk to Jase.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:19:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: April 18, 2016, 05:16:50 am »

"Well, what can i do to help?"
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: April 18, 2016, 08:14:49 pm »

Ah, yes. The council chambers. A place worthy of the events to come.

Start a PM ritual, using as many gizmos from the box as I can for sacrifices (items must be different, right? Nothing said they couldn't have been summoned with the same spell). Use a +1 CMP essence to boost the roll.

PM sent.

Jiksap's mind is set. Only he knows the results of this ritual.
What will it do? Does it spell destruction, or creation? A mix of both? Only time will tell.
Rest assured, if all goes to plan, it will be awesome.

((I find a disturbing lack of this action within the previous turn.... (reads PM) oh, dang

Also, I did roll a 5 CMP on a box of assorted gizmos, so I thought that would be good enough. I guess not.
Then again, it was a 3 made a 5 with bonuses, not a natural 5... oh well.
Can I have my action changed to this instead?

Ritual preparations by summoning two more boxes, one of assorted electrical parts, and one of assorted clockwork parts.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:40:31 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: April 18, 2016, 10:17:56 pm »

PM action.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: April 19, 2016, 02:45:13 am »

"I still live, so I suppose I'm well enough. Since you seem to be missing the two mages you went to join, I assume the appearance of the beast interfered with your expedition. At least you were close enough to the portal to get through it. Odd, isn't it, that they just brought us to another battlefield. I wonder how many other battlefields there are, or if we'll have need of them. But pardon my blathering. My work has been time consuming, and left little time for conversation. I guess the desire to talk just builds up. What was it you wanted to talk about?"

I sent a thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: April 19, 2016, 06:40:43 am »

2 essences.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:43:03 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't