Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246184 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 150 Duels abound
« Reply #4935 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:23 pm »

((My very first action said to crush 5 shards and to hope it healed me. Why didn't I crush 5 shards?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: March 25, 2016, 04:46:30 pm »

((My very first action said to crush 5 shards and to hope it healed me. Why didn't I crush 5 shards?))
((Because I got a bit too used to you doing the same thing over and over. Fixed. You didin't get to live, but you did get to deprive Chorkinaan from getting 5 shards.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: March 25, 2016, 04:52:49 pm »

PM's are being processed.

Star2Wars3/Skeliborn your turn is not there because it depends quite a bit on what Gambler does, and there is no post as of yet. I'll wait a day, and if I get no action from XXXXYYYY I'll just add your action to the turn.
((Again, quite sorry. Life has been hellishly busy lately.))
If someone else is casting a spell to retrieve the Eternity (_s_ removing the distance, etc), increase the probability of success.
Else, do the following spell:
Using the Eternity as a power source, invert the probability of the Eternity suddenly teleporting directly next to my location.

((Inverting, in this case, refers to subtracting the probability from 1. Thus, .1 would become .9, .00001 would become .99999, and .4 would become .6.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: March 25, 2016, 04:53:42 pm »

((gg))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: March 25, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »

((gg))
((gg indeed))

Chorkinaan looked down at Henry, who had lost too much blood to be able to stand and was slowly losing his grip on reality. Triumphantly, Chorkinaan finished his monologue. It takes the insanity to attempt the impossible, the sanity to keep your goal in sight, the strategy to overcome the obstacles in the way, and the luck to reach the end. That can't last forever, Henry, and just like that the throne of the best is lost. Good night, bitter ex-prince, and may flights of angels put a damper on your overwhelming ego. Chorkinaan collects Henry's soul shards and condenses 3 essences. Here's hoping I don't have to manually bind the wound. I can't imagine a way to do that without a lot of stinging happening as cloth rubs against exposed flesh.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: March 25, 2016, 08:05:47 pm »

look for a part of the forest that has less (preferably none) of those moles

make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:36 pm »

The sword was beyond massive. Beyond colossal. At this point, it could only be described as... Absurdly Huge.
Wayfarer sighed. He was hoping for something actually usable. Then again, courtesy of the modifications he made to the sword, the possibility of wielding it was just barely out of reach. Only barely out of reach, as opposed to impossibly far out of reach.
If he was just a bit stronger... or the sword was just a little lighter...
Wayfarer decided that he was going to work towards a pair of strength boosting gauntlets.
Never mind the sheer impracticality of using the weapon, regardless of whether or not it was possible.

Wayfarer created(-1 or 0) another chunk of solid force, then made 3 solid force essences.

((Well this is a thing that's happening...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: March 25, 2016, 10:44:48 pm »

Create a cursed grenade. It, like, explodes into a curse or something.

also +2 essences

running out of ideas at this point

edit: ideas that don't require rituals/billions of essences
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:06:05 am by Elephant Parade »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: March 26, 2016, 09:25:15 am »

((Fights need to resolve faster. This is distracting me from my long term plan.))

Wait it out. Either the beast goes away or it tries to eat me at which point I try to impale it from inside by extending the various spikes on me. Should the latter scenario come to reality, apply +1/+1 essence to the spell.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: March 26, 2016, 03:43:58 pm »

The sword was beyond massive. Beyond colossal. At this point, it could only be described as... Absurdly Huge.
Wayfarer sighed. He was hoping for something actually usable. Then again, courtesy of the modifications he made to the sword, the possibility of wielding it was just barely out of reach. Only barely out of reach, as opposed to impossibly far out of reach.
If he was just a bit stronger... or the sword was just a little lighter...
Wayfarer decided that he was going to work towards a pair of strength boosting gauntlets.
Never mind the sheer impracticality of using the weapon, regardless of whether or not it was possible.

Wayfarer created(-1 or 0) another chunk of solid force, then made 3 solid force essences.

((Well this is a thing that's happening...))

{You can actually swing the sword, it's just that:
1)It's larger than you, so you can't realy do anything more complex than a simple slash and
2)It's so large that anything you do will be seen from a mile away.
Probably should had worded the turn better.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 149 Motherload has landed
« Reply #4945 on: March 26, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »

Skeliborn:

Action:

Go back to where the Gambler was. (where this new meteor landed)

summon a flaming sword and light the lake on fire with it.

If someone else is casting a spell to retrieve the Eternity (_s_ removing the distance, etc), increase the probability of success.
Else, do the following spell:
Using the Eternity as a power source, invert the probability of the Eternity suddenly teleporting directly next to my location.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gambler wondered for a moment, whether or not he wanted Eternity more than he wanted to not fight whatever was in the lake. A decision was reached when he spared a thought on what would happen if the lake creature got its tentacles on eternity and Gambler wove a spell. Eternity that was wrapped in tentacles in the middle of the lake shimmered and disappeared, the bulk of it appearing next to gambler while some bits and pieces crumbled into the lake. Skeliborn soon arrived, blazing toothpick in hand, and plunged it into the orange liquid. It bubbled as flames heated it, but the effect was soon outdone by the bubbling where pieces of Eternity had fallen. Several minor beholders rose from the water, their eyestalks still mere tentacles and their main eye mostly unmagical, but instead of teeth they had spikes of something glowing green. The five of them flew swiftly over the lake towards Gambler.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: March 26, 2016, 04:32:23 pm »

Use another locating spell to find the branch. I promised I wouldn't abandon it.

2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: March 26, 2016, 04:35:59 pm »

((Why am I listed as having 15 shards? I thought Henry the Best crushed 5?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: March 26, 2016, 04:51:00 pm »

((Why am I listed as having 15 shards? I thought Henry the Best crushed 5?))
{He did, but as to make killing strong players more rewarding, extra affinities and stats give extra soul shards. In this case, his extra afinity gave you extra five shards.}

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: March 26, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »

Seems you like you're in need of assistance Gambler. Need a hand? And no, I'm not cutting off my hand.

Skeliborn:

Action:

Attack the mobs that are attacking the Gambler using Vortex bane.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 506