Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1214271 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 139 Cagefighting and Extreme gardening
« Reply #4455 on: January 29, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »

((Just an average day on the duck))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: January 29, 2016, 08:41:23 pm »

((Where is Forric on the map? I can't seem to find him.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: January 29, 2016, 10:01:41 pm »

WHAT are that bunch of fools doing? This is like a circus clown act with questionably deadly magic!
Bludgeon him to death with my wings
((This made me laugh so hard...))
((I know, right? I relayed that little funny moment to my mom, and she laughed about as hard as I did. I love funny coincidences like that!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: January 30, 2016, 07:53:26 am »

((Forric is near the shipwreck))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: January 30, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »

((Forric is near the shipwreck))
((Thanks.))

Go one tile up and one tile up-left.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: January 30, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »

((Hey DG, could you please send me a PM of what exactly my staff can do? I'd like to know if it's just a weapon or if it has other purposes.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: January 31, 2016, 08:53:40 am »

Take off a sock, prick my finger, and let a few drops of blood fall in it ("aim" the hole at the wall, just in case). Observe the results, and put the sock back on afterwards.

Then, using 1 +1+1 knowledge essence, enchant my alchemy book so that it can lead me to whatever reagents are necessary for the recipes I can actually use. Test it out in the fortress' garden.

Make 4 binding essences afterwards. Two +1s to luck, and all that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:55:14 pm by Whisperling »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: January 31, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »

+3 essences.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »

Blast him with hellfire as he tries to bludgeon me.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: January 31, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »

((Just posting again to mention that I edited my action.))

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: January 31, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »

PM'ed action.
2 essences.

As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: January 31, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »

Though Jiksap may have lost his ability to breathe on land, he would not be deterred from why he attempted that experiment in the first place. Annoyed, he also noted that talking underwater works quite like one would expect: badly. Blood-tainted waters were rarely a place for diplomacy anyhow.

Go get that meteor! 3 essences along the way.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: February 01, 2016, 02:57:55 pm »

Turn 140

Well, you have some skill, but you made a fatal mistake eldritch tree. The thing about absorbing a mage's magic is  you give them access to alter your very being. So Game Over tree. Game Over.

Skelliborn

Action:

Force the eldritch tree to destroy itself using the blades on its tentacles.
Accept help from any mages who try to help

Modifiers:

-2 mobile

Essences:
Use two +1CMP blade essences
one +1 POT blade essences

Aim the spell at whichever tentacles are trying to molest kill me.

((My plan to get the flytraps drunk worked! Muahahaha. Honestly, though, my plan was just to get flammable liquid everywhere, then figure it out from there. Most likely through prodigious luck and/or summoning a small glass bomb.))

"...Ya tried diplomatizing tha tree. Tha tree with bloody tentacles and stingers. I will never understand ya. Time ta get ta work, I guess."
Go for quick jabs with the stilleto. Aim to disable bits, primarily through the good old method of stab then jiggle (to use the sharp point to ruin the inner bits) then withdraw an back off. Focus on not getting hit.
Attempt to use my luck to aid me in combat - let it, in part, control my stabs and dodges. It may not be the most elegant style, but it can be effective, provided the user is sufficiently lucky.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler and Skeliborn stood firm as numerous tentacles descended upon them. Gambler knew he did not have the skill to fight off something with half a dozen of limbs, and that was the best case scenario, the one where tree split tentacles equally between the two of them. But he had something better than skill to rely on. Luck. Sure, many would say that luck was a finite resource, and if abused, would fail sooner or later, compared to skill on which one could always rely. But it was impossible to train for every scenario, and Gambler had better grasp on his luck than most. First swing connected with one of blades on the tentacle, and with surprising strength, tentacle swung the blade and Gamblers arm, and Gambler reeling backwards. While walking backwards, in attempt to maintain balance and not fall down, Gambler accidentally sunk his stiletto into another tentacle to the hilt. The tentacle twitched as stiletto drained magic from it, and fell lifeless. Gambler, however, was so surprised by running backwards into the tentacle that he jumped away from the tentacle, pulling out the stiletto and unwittingly placing it in the way of another tentacle that was moving towards him with intent to strike. With tactic on the entirely opposite side of "trying", Gambler took out two tentacles.

Skeliborn stood still and charged his magic. Tentacles moved closer. Still closer. The spell would turn weapons of his enemy against it, but this did not reduce the primal fear Skeliborn felt. There was just something about standing still while enemy approached with clear intent to kill that scared people. The fear proved too much for Skeliborn. The spell faltered, and blades on tentacles failed to stop them from lashing out at Skeliborn and Gambler.

Tentacles grabbed onto Skeliborn and Gambler, blades biting into them, and pulling both towards the tree, where more tentacles could reach them. Several new tentacles attacked the two mages while they were still disoriented by the pull, but found no purchase, as Skeliborn managed to parry the tentacle that attacked him with his sword while Gambler stabbed another tentacle, reducing the total number left to ten. This did not bring much joy to the mages, as they were now close enough for the tree to strike them with all ten of those tentacles at once.

Attempt to summon a crate of healing pills, using 1 CMP and 1 POT essences. Use some of its contents immediately. Then loot Tur's corpse. Move toward the normal castle. Send minicubes at Old King Coal, if I see him this turn.

Cuberac pooled his magic through pain and attempted to call forth a box of healing pills. The pain was gone, for now, but that was not a mark of anything good. Injury induced shock could kill just as well as injury itself. And other symptoms of shock were showing themselves as well. Cuberac felt as if there was a layer of wool over his mind, as his thoughts dulled and his heart rate accelerated. The spell meant bring healing pills conjured a small cube of sand. Cuberac swore and moved out of the forest. Predators, both animal and wizardly could be attracted to the blood very quickly. As he passed near the portal, he saw King Coal in combat. This was a chance, and Cuberac sent his sharpened cubes at him. Although, attempted to send could be more accurate, if still generous. The cubes did not as much as twitch, remaining entirely inert. Cuberac swore again and continued moving.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME."

Quicktopic action.
"Kidding? Not really... Ahem. And so they fought - mage against mage, beast against beast... Or something like that. You may want to do some taunting, I suppose."

Mage elimination ahoy!
"Ah, okay then. I got this."

I point my stave towards the Kahel's opponent, and fire a bolt of Magic to Fire towards it. I consume both essences doing so. [Ranged: -1]

Xazoliomuhr shot another Icicle at Beast, but the projectile flew too high as Beast bent over and buried into the earth at amazing speed. Kahel had better luck, even as King Coal turned to rush to help his ally, Kahel managed to catch his left arm with his blade, cutting flesh to bone. The cut would render the arm useless, but did not stop Old king from moving. He ran towards where Seva and Blake fought, as Bernardo tried and failed to channel power of Law to aprehend him. However, King's plan to get into the Tower was stopped by double fold obstacle. Not only gates to the Tower were closed, the gates were blocked by hellfire that Blake had summoned. Additionally, raptors and the hawk that Seva had summoned still waited outside the ring of hellfire and were eyeing King with interest.
{Old King Coal, left hand useless, Bleeding (7 turns till death)}

Perfect; this sword will serve me greatly. But, y'know what they say. The best offence is a great defense. burn the last of my essences to create a similarly weightless large shield (not greatshield size; -1 toughness, -1longevity) Now, let's see here... There's a tower off that way, seems to be a scuffle at its base. And that's a demon over there, and that dandy man looks to be getting involved, definitely want to avoid that. Hmmm... Chorkinaan creates 3 essences while evaluating what he can see, parameters in mind being loot potential and personal danger

{Just noticed that you have 9 stat points and not 8. Pick either STR, SPD or END to lose a point from.}

Chorkinaan forged another object, a buckler this time, just as undescript as the sword, same lack of color, texture, weight and temperature. Chorkinaan tested the items, bashing his sword and shield together. They eerily produced no sound at all. There was a flaw that the experiment showed to Chorkinnan. Without weight, the blade had no impact, the blade could cut but not chop. But dealing with that could wait, Chorkinaan had time and he began gathering power. The very last essence he attempted failed, and shaper felt his magic drain into the earth beneath his feet. He jumped away, and just in time, as snow and grass began running like water, mixing in colors and sinking below. Then spell evaporated, and ground became solid again, tiny bits of grass still there.

"James, can you heal me?"

If he accepts to heal me, create a electric crystal with 2 +1/+1, 3 +1POT and 2 +1CMP essences.
If he refuses to heal me, cauterize the wound with electricity(not that it will help very much)

"James, can you heal me?"
"Okay. 1 shard."
Healy healy heal then get shard.
Then 3 healy essences.

Edit:
"You know what? It's free. It's not right to charge injured people for healing. Keep the shard."

Eterna called upon his power and coalesced it into a solid gem of electricity. Power sparked away from it, it was a miniature thundercloud, although all miniature lightning bolts arched away from hand with which Eterna held the gem. He pocketed it, and braced for healing. Eterna winced as James pulled out the icicle, some pieces of flesh frozen to it, and tossed it away. Then came the spell. Guts knitted back together, followed by muscle and finally, the skin. The wound was gone as if it never existed. James congratulated himself with another job well done, and resumed watching  the flesh fields.

Well, growing got me out last time, might try it again. Using single +2/1 essence and +1 POT essence.

Shias decided that sneaking was not an option. There was a tested method that was sneakier and had far lesser chance of failing. Once more wood at his feet grew, pushing him upwards. As he rose to the edge of the pit, the wooden pillars separated cleanly from his feet and Shias stepped without sound on the forest floor. Right, back to hunting. Third time's the charm, right?

Bludgeon him to death with my wings
Blast him with hellfire as he tries to bludgeon me.

Seva decided to go for the uncomplicated approach. His opponent was injured and in pain. There was an opportunity to be abused here, and Seva fully intended to. Blake's burns felt fresh again as a barrage of wing bashing fell upon him. However, bird wings are not all that threatening, as light bones do not lend themselves for solid hits. Blake managed to persevere for long enough to weave a spell. Seva was forced to stop his attack as a blast of hellfire covered him. The pain took its toll upon Blake however, and hellfire barely managed singe Seva's feathers. It was distracting, however, and Beast made use of that, as Seva suddenly found ground disappear from under his feet. Beast threw a solid punch that sent Seva flying all the way through Blake and into the closed gates. The cage match was turning ugly, quickly. The hellfire ring was receding, though, and flames now were low enough to jump over, if one could jump well.

Go one tile up and one tile up-left.

Henry put his shirt back on and went off northwest. There was nothing much of interest near the portal, some mages were slugging it out but that was of no consequence to him. There were more interesting sights towards northwest.

Take off a sock, prick my finger, and let a few drops of blood fall in it ("aim" the hole at the wall, just in case). Observe the results, and put the sock back on afterwards.

Then, using 1 +1+1 knowledge essence, enchant my alchemy book so that it can lead me to whatever reagents are necessary for the recipes I can actually use. Test it out in the fortress' garden.

Make 4 binding essences afterwards. Two +1s to luck, and all that.

Viznor pulled off one of his socks, and allowed a drop of blood to drip from a tiny wound on his finger. Sure, he could just conjure the knowledge, but Viznor was not above doing actual research. The drop of blood fell on the sock, dyeing it red for a moment before red was pushed out in a fine mist. The place where blood drop had fallen was entirely dry. That was probably not beneficial to not bleeding out.

Viznor shrugged at the blood-proof sock, put it back on and went off to the garden. There, he enchanted his alchemy book to make terms and names easily understandable. The garden was a wealth of ingredients, however, without anything to place a potion in, Viznor had no chance to practice.

Though Jiksap may have lost his ability to breathe on land, he would not be deterred from why he attempted that experiment in the first place. Annoyed, he also noted that talking underwater works quite like one would expect: badly. Blood-tainted waters were rarely a place for diplomacy anyhow.

Go get that meteor! 3 essences along the way.

Jiksap dived further beneath the waves. The swimming felt surprisingly great. It was kind of like flying, actual flying, not just a ballistic orbit. If not for all the blood and alcohol around, Jiksap would had enjoyed the swimming a whole lot more. As it was, he swam swiftly and expected piranhas. It wasn't piranhas. It was a large electric eel. The water seemed to had supercharged the creature, making it some five meters in length, and normal electricity was replaced by physics free magical lightning. The eel had spun itself around a cluster of blood red shards. That was the prize Jiksap was looking for! Not teal meant that they were different from the bunch and could be something interesting.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 140 The rain of fails and din of battle
« Reply #4468 on: February 01, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »

((DG, you forgot to add all the bonuses I get from my Vortex Bane during combat))

Ok I admit it, the tree probably isn't friendly. Still, we're not dead yet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 140 The rain of fails and din of battle
« Reply #4469 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »

"There, all better. Try to be more careful cause Duck Island's a dangerous place and I might not be there to heal you next time. Now I gotta go help those two fight the portal, it looks like they might be losing."

James transforms his omnicube back into a full sized chainsaw and runs to help Gambler and Skeliborn. Heal any of their injuries then chainsaw any hostile tentacles.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 506