Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247068 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 137 Teamwork and Teamslacking
« Reply #4350 on: January 21, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »

((And here's an exposition dump on the two three teams. Oh, the things I do to avoid studying.

F.E.C.E.S, as far as I know, is basically a comically evil group. Mostly made up of newly characters, if I remember correctly, but I suppose there could be a few secret members or something. They've basically announced that they're planning something, but as far as I know nobody outside the group knows a whole lot about what they're doing and how much of what they're saying is the truth.

TOAM is pretty new, and I don't think they've actually done a whole lot yet. I think the characters in it tend to be slightly more powerful and experienced, but that's neither here nor there. They're supposed to be the "good" group, though they're much too new to have backed it up.

The Whitehats... appear to be a one-man team for the time being. Basically devoted to anti-magic, although they don't technically exist yet. Probably nice enough, although the opposition to physics-defying shenanigans is a bit out of place here.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: January 21, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »

((The Acronym That Shall Not Be Used wanted to destroy the tower, if I remember right. I shouldn't have to explain why that's an unpleasant thing to do.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: January 21, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »

((No matter which way you look at things, the possibility of an Age of Guilds is very likely. Of course, according to the WhiteHats, it may be the Guilded Age.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:23 pm »

((Thanks everyone for all the little bits of help. I think that's hit on something for my aspect of physicality: giving magical energy physical form, including altering physical properties. With that little bit of help, I think I've got a very viable wizard here, with a choice between sealing people in magical cubes, augmenting his own strength with physical-ified energy, and sabotaging constructions by making them spongy, brittle, light, etc. I can probably get into the world soon, but I'd at least like to see how the current turn plays out before I start taking any actions. Thanks, everyone!))

((On the note of guilds, from what I've gathered so far, one guild involves being a stick-in-the-mud who obeys the laws of physics (nope), one involves being a stick-in-the-mud who picks up other people's messes (super nope), and being a relentless murder-hobo who kills and loots anything in his way (maybe). It's up in the air, but you've heard my picks. Heh. DF has such a great community.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: January 21, 2016, 09:36:04 pm »

((Thanks, glad to have you here, and I'm glad my guild's just a simple "nope". I doubt anybody'll join willingly, but the Whitehats always listen to a plea deal! :) ))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: January 22, 2016, 04:06:51 am »

((I would suggest joining TOAM! Your affinity for physical stuff may be of great interest to a certain tinkerer/inventor/madman. For example, he would greatly enjoy having his stuff modified to have structural elements of what is essentially pure vibranium.

Speaking of which, vibranium giant robots, anyone? With extra SNIKT!!))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:28 am »

((Even better, and totally unique (not), a giant adamantine mech))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:12 am »

((Now all you need to do is start creating a super-heavy mesh of razor wire above things you don't like. Gory, to be sure, but it's a great recipe for mage slices.))

((As for guilds... Truth to be told, I've got an inclination to stay neutral. Certainly wouldn't mind it if someone wanted to partner up, but I'm reluctant to join one of the big groups.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:46 am »

((Why think only mechs? Try something like frickin' airboards, air hail, water beams, etc.
Let me ask you for a intelligence test:                                                                     
What is the most logical use of my Electricity aspect?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:43 am »

((Why think only mechs? Try something like frickin' airboards, air hail, water beams, etc.

((Inventing the lightbulb?))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:25:04 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:08 am »

((It depends what you want to do. Power electrical devices. Directly electrocute people, chain electricity through multiple people or metal/water. Taser for non-lethal attack. Create electromagnets and use them as a railgun, or for propulsion, or as magnets. Directly influence the electrical signals in people's brains to instakill them, control their thoughts, control their bodies. Use it as a defibrillator to save someone from a heart attack.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

((It depends what you want to do. Power electrical devices. Directly electrocute people, chain electricity through multiple people or metal/water. Taser for non-lethal attack. Create electromagnets and use them as a railgun, or for propulsion, or as magnets. Directly influence the electrical signals in people's brains to instakill them, control their thoughts, control their bodies. Use it as a defibrillator to save someone from a heart attack.))
((Or, y'know, lightning bolts.*

*DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for any disappointments regarding grounded targets.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:44 pm »

((Now all you need to do is start creating a super-heavy mesh of razor wire above things you don't like. Gory, to be sure, but it's a great recipe for mage slices.))

((As for guilds... Truth to be told, I've got an inclination to stay neutral. Certainly wouldn't mind it if someone wanted to partner up, but I'm reluctant to join one of the big groups.))
((You want to join up with Jase and Crimson? It's not so much a guild or anything as you help if we ask for it, we help if you ask, and you do whatever you want in between. Oh, and protect the Tower. The Tower is nice. Ironsnake, you're invited as well.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: January 22, 2016, 02:51:15 pm »

((You want to join up with Jase and Crimson? It's not so much a guild or anything as you help if we ask for it, we help if you ask, and you do whatever you want in between. Oh, and protect the Tower. The Tower is nice. Ironsnake, you're invited as well.))
((You may depend on me while I'm close to the Tower. And, seeing mages flocking right back to it, I may be there for quite some time.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: January 22, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »

Clearly, you've failed the test- the correct answer is to not inform him of new ways to kill you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 506