Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246664 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 135 Happy Christmas
« Reply #4170 on: December 27, 2015, 08:53:25 pm »

((Found out a 'another ritual'; Since the essences +5/+5 hard limit is 'only' for a turn, someone could make some different things with the help of essences, combine with the help of essences, rinse and repeat until you get the desired object without the 'normal ritual'.))
((Wouldn't that still take multiple turns, though? Personally, I don't think that rituals should be the only way to use powerful spells; they're just an obvious way.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: December 27, 2015, 09:00:52 pm »

((Found out a 'another ritual'; Since the essences +5/+5 hard limit is 'only' for a turn, someone could make some different things with the help of essences, combine with the help of essences, rinse and repeat until you get the desired object without the 'normal ritual'.))
((Wouldn't that still take multiple turns, though? Personally, I don't think that rituals should be the only way to use powerful spells; they're just an obvious way.))
((Hence the 'Another Ritual'))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: December 27, 2015, 09:19:51 pm »

((Hence the 'Another Ritual'))
((Oh, okay. I thought you considered it a loophole.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: December 27, 2015, 10:07:32 pm »

((If you want a loophole, alter how the games rules effect your character personally by using magic. ex: ring of cheating, mace of retcon, and other items. FYI, I'm mostly joking here although a mace of retcon would be nice))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: December 27, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »

((I've considered signing up with a mage with the Meta affinity...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: December 27, 2015, 11:38:04 pm »

((I've considered signing up with a mage with the Meta affinity...))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: December 27, 2015, 11:52:38 pm »

((Brilliant. The possibility of using a mage with the Summon Meta Knight That Obeys My Orders affinity seems interesting to me.))
((But I was referring to something more like Metagame affinity. Mess with how the turn appears! Prevent players from controlling their characters! Give a character the ability to hear the voices of the players! And other shenanigansly stuffs!))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: December 28, 2015, 12:10:11 am »

((Brilliant. The possibility of using a mage with the Summon Meta Knight That Obeys My Orders affinity seems interesting to me.))
((But I was referring to something more like Metagame affinity. Mess with how the turn appears! Prevent players from controlling their characters! Give a character the ability to hear the voices of the players! And other shenanigansly stuffs!))
((Yeah, I know. A character that breaks the rules of being a character. Good that this isn't a Piecewise game then, if the kneecap-breaking rumors be true.

Also, the Meta Knight was actually supposed to represent your character. Get it? Meta Knight? Meta Affinity? Ah whatever.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:14:30 am by thegamemaster1234 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: December 28, 2015, 05:38:40 pm »

((U could make a ring of cheating with a meta affinity))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: December 28, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »

((The poll matter has been resolved.))
((Perhaps now you should determine whether or not essences should be usable as ritual fuel?))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: December 28, 2015, 11:52:57 pm »

Open the sub (with machine control magic) and try to see if it has any extendable manipulator.

Two essences.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: December 29, 2015, 10:44:12 am »

((I'm back!))

Although the ancient forgotten secrets of Caesar salad production were indeed a fascinating discovery, Xom had been expecting something more...useful from the enchanted parchment. Perhaps other aspects of arcane wisdom were hidden within the code?
Have another go at decryption.

As for the cactus field: PM.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: December 29, 2015, 03:30:31 pm »

((I'm back!))

Although the ancient forgotten secrets of Caesar salad production were indeed a fascinating discovery, Xom had been expecting something more...useful from the enchanted parchment. Perhaps other aspects of arcane wisdom were hidden within the code?
Have another go at decryption.

As for the cactus field: PM.

((You will need to think up a diferent method of decryption, as just thinking it out returned nothing.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: December 29, 2015, 04:14:34 pm »

quicktopic action
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: December 29, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

Kahel signed. Yeah, he could understand the demon now...

Try to finish Chaos mage. Check demon and enlist his help if possible. If frozen Chaos adept does not pose immediate danger, create three essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 506