Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247253 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 126 And the winner of "Most doomed" award is...
« Reply #3585 on: November 06, 2015, 11:37:30 pm »

(No need to worry the acid right now...)
"Looks like i must make him can't run."

Could i walk and is the static field moves with me?  If so, get out from the sphere(or break it).
Could i see Dwen? if so, try to paralyze him (ranged if i couldn't touch Dwen).
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: November 07, 2015, 07:40:53 pm »

ATHATH missed turn happenings:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just as Dwen stands up from shattered force field remains, Marcus appears from just around the corner and blasts Dwen with necrotic power. The magic strikes Dwen in his right hand, causing it to become pale and grow green pustules. The paleness continues to spread from the afflicted arm, albeit slowly.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: November 07, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »

Stop the tank from spilling liquid, then investigate what came out. If it's useful, suck it back in with the tank; otherwise (or if the liquid has particularly damaging properties), go shoot a high-pressure laser of the stuff at Dwen. And if the liquid is either sticky or slippery, aim for his feet.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:13:54 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 07, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Marcus observes the savage beatdown of Dwen.

"Yes... Feel the true power of wrath... Soon, you will be free of your restrictive morals, and only divine law will remain. Perhaps Master will give me a promotion when that happens."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:49:20 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3589 on: November 07, 2015, 11:50:02 pm »

I can't- I pm'd it and didn't send to myself.

((Go to your profile, modify profile, personal messaging, and check "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default". It is handy.))
It was already checked. Where do they appear?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3590 on: November 08, 2015, 03:18:16 am »

I can't- I pm'd it and didn't send to myself.

((Go to your profile, modify profile, personal messaging, and check "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default". It is handy.))
It was already checked. Where do they appear?
((Somewhere around near your "Inbox" should be "Sent Items".))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 08, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

I am afraid there will be delays again. This is partially due to a retcon, partialy since nobody knew about Marcus until a day before, and mostly because I suck at time management.

The retcon: Hostility detector wields not only mindwipe, but also anti magical and force shields, As such, Gamblers spell to curse Dwen should be stopped.

To explain, shields work for each person seperately, and can be broken. But even if they are broken, they block the attack that broke them fully, and restore themselves in one turn. Dwens physical shield was broken by Shias, but magical one remained, and absorbed Gamblers spell (which broke it, for the time).
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: November 08, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »

I am afraid there will be delays again. This is partially due to a retcon, partialy since nobody knew about Marcus until a day before, and mostly because I suck at time management.

The retcon: Hostility detector wields not only mindwipe, but also anti magical and force shields, As such, Gamblers spell to curse Dwen should be stopped.

To explain, shields work for each person seperately, and can be broken. But even if they are broken, they block the attack that broke them fully, and restore themselves in one turn. Dwens physical shield was broken by Shias, but magical one remained, and absorbed Gamblers spell (which broke it, for the time).
I assume that the mind-wiping pierces the shields?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 08, 2015, 05:14:52 pm »

((You gonna be online for a bit? I feel we need to have a discussion on how I imagined those defenses to work, since you did say the castle came out perfectly and there seem to have been a number of misunderstandings on the specifics of that.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 08, 2015, 05:24:04 pm »

((You gonna be online for a bit? I feel we need to have a discussion on how I imagined those defenses to work, since you did say the castle came out perfectly and there seem to have been a number of misunderstandings on the specifics of that.))
Go on ahead, send in the specifics and I'll see if it works.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 08, 2015, 05:45:58 pm »

if you can, just post it here. I don't even understand it all.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 08, 2015, 05:47:58 pm »

((So I don't have negative luck?  Great lets summon a demon lord.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 08, 2015, 05:59:47 pm »

((So I don't have negative luck?  Great lets summon a demon lord.))
Yes.

The whole shield system has been disposed off though, so instead of facing a shield, Gamblers magic just dissapeared. Somwhere. Wherever defence system puts those things. For somone unlucky to find.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:35 am »

How about we just say Jase turned the shields off again. That way we don't have to worry about a whole turn do-over.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 09, 2015, 10:20:40 am »

((No he didn't it really affects my chances of succeeding.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 506