Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247383 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3510 on: October 27, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

((Laws are stupid like that, you guys really should have put in a workaround.))
We did- Dwen added a loophole.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: October 28, 2015, 03:10:10 am »

((Or if you are wondering for something worse than that, ignite the booze so it explodes.
GL, fillipk.))
((shhhhh why do you think I have a lighter.))
((Do it!))
((I'm doing it right now...
((Laws are stupid like that, you guys really should have put in a workaround.))
We did- Dwen added a loophole.
...And i will use a another loophole assuming the system didn't know logic and/or knowledge that electricity could burn something flammable))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: October 28, 2015, 04:56:29 am »

((slow applause for a brilliant plan but it won't work. The other mages will stop you.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: October 28, 2015, 05:15:51 am »

((Are you talking about me or fillipk?
As i already said, sorry for the others.))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: October 28, 2015, 10:07:24 am »

There's no oxygen for the fire to burn in the chamber.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:46 am »

The acid effects to those that did not wrote a turn are such:

Trewque/Bob T. Baker
(LUCK 1 END 4,3) - You are almost out of luck as you are out of breath. Acid does minor mild damage to your skin, and while you manage not to breathe lungful of acid, you are asphyxiating.
END (3,6)
Your Deinonychus does not take well to the acid, but manages not to breathe it in, meaning that acid mostly just dirties the scales. Utharaptor absolutely loves the acid, and swallows a good gulp of it. Acid does no damage to Utharaptors stomach, but the dino is now drunk.

endlessblaze/Flare
(LUCK 4 END 1,3)
You are shit out of luck and even more so out of lungs. Acid takes you completely by surprise and you inhale enough to risk health problems even if this was water. As this is not water, your lungs now have huge holes in them, and there is a great deal of blood mixed with acid in them. This is not helped by your skin suffering mild acid burns.

H4zardZ1/Dest Eterna
(LUCK 7 END 3)
You luck out and still have enough air in your lungs to not prompt reflexive breathing in. Somehow, acid does not screw you over too terribly, causing only minor burns. The real fun part is what happens to acid that gets near your scepter. Luckily for everyone involved, acid is unconducive, but that does not stop it from boiling into gas upon contact.

_Shinju_/Nihilum
You suddenly find yourself into a different room from before. There are no mages around, and only thing in the room is a chair on which you are currently sitting. Symbol of Isha appears before you, and you know that someone just tried a surprise death party on you. There is a door leading outside, and it is open.

Grundar
(END 3)
Troll was surprised by sudden disappearing of light, and almost panicked when he understood that the liquid was acid, but managed to keep himself together, both figuratively and literally. As no panicked flailing occurred, Grundar's regeneration managed to keep up with acid, copious amounts of food Grundar had eaten not too long ago granting resources needed to do so. This, of course could only last so long, making the troll more and more terrified.

Seva's Velociraptors
(END 2,4,1)
Seva's velociraptors had rather radically different reactions to the acid. One of them simply froze in fear, making it come in contact with the least amount of acid out of three, making damage so minor that it did not penetrate the skin, although most feathers were lost. Another began flailing wildly, suffering mild burns, while third panicked so bad that it almost drowned. It was not a good day to be the largest velociraptor ever.

The rolls shown are unmodified, but I added the mods before writing results.

Now for the bad part.
Due to needing to write quite a bit of code, go to an event as I promised to people and study for a test that happens on Monday, I am unlikely to have enough free time to write an update until Monday. Meaning no update today and possibly no update on Sunday, unless I am feeling particularly good about the test. As I will need to through about 500 slides worth of info, that is unlikely. I’ll probably still have enough time for responding to questions and PMs, so if you want an idea/secret mass murder plan checked, go for it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »

((This anticipation kills me.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: October 28, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »

Actually, acid (and fire) bypasses the regeneration of a troll.

Good luck on the test!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: October 28, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »

Good Luck On The Test. And remember...
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: October 28, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »

((Betrayal, alcohol and anticipation... Now the all-star team of killers is here!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: October 28, 2015, 02:16:06 pm »

Good Luck On The Test. And remember...

Having pre-made answers to chose from? Damn, I wish I had that.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: October 28, 2015, 06:55:53 pm »

This thread is beautiful. I can't believe I missed it until now. Anyway, here's a character sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is blue/greytaken?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: October 29, 2015, 02:15:58 am »

This thread is beautiful. I can't believe I missed it until now. Anyway, here's a character sheet.
Is blue/greytaken?

Welcome aboard. Blue/Gray is taken, by Skeliborn/star2wars3. If you so wish, you can try to kill him IC and claim his color scheme for your own.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:54 am »

Is blue/greytaken?

Welcome aboard. Blue/Gray is taken, by Skeliborn/star2wars3. If you so wish, you can try to kill him IC and claim his color scheme for your own.
Color schemes in this game are like Highlander. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! Of each.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: October 29, 2015, 04:28:25 am »

((I'm excited right now.))
There's no oxygen for the fire to burn in the chamber.
((Although it won't burn right now, it could burn next turn if enough fuel is ejected to make room for air, but not too much so there is enough fuel to burn. If you guys could hold for no air or eject all the fuel, it won't burn. Ejecting all the fuel still makes me happy through. And no air means the fuel will stay and staying things means more heat to build up. Note: Gas pushes outwards faster than liquid, as gas volume is interchangeable, and hotter things tend/'wants' to become larger. And could either blow up the wall hard and/or crushing everyone inside with high pressure.))
((If 'golden work' is failed(which have roughly 2/3 chance of failing) then i will charge up my body instead.))
((Betrayal, alcohol and anticipation... Now the all-star team of killers is here!))
((Add fire into the mix with air and that's the solution(pun intended)))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:25:02 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 506