Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247392 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3450 on: October 26, 2015, 12:08:52 am »

((So, I just now saw this and had to see what the GM was "waiting so long to happen" and figured I should give Mr. Ichigo a tip. Mixing water with acid is a bad idea. Chemistry 101. If your sword can act as a void why wouldn't you just...suck up all the acid?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 26, 2015, 01:54:38 am »

((Is it pot/2+bonuses, or (pot+bonuses)/2? Very important difference.

also does my amulet of magic resistance actually do anything? Small bonus to rolls against enemy magic, small penalty to rolls for enemy magic, anything at all?

How's Grundar doing? I'm not sure if he was in the council chamber or not. If so, you shoupd probably roll for him. If not, I hope he realizes what's happening and tries to help and/or crush Dwen.))

(( (pot+bonuses)/2, it is POT TOTAL divided by two.

In this case, no. Acid is magical in origin, but not nature, so amulet has nothing to work with.

Grundar is melting, bu no more and no less than other mages. He can hold his breath in for a whole lot longer than any of you (Crimson does not count as he does not breathe), but acid is messing with his regeneration.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:45 am »

Armok, y'see, you're doing this all wrong. You've fallen into the classic bond villain trap of leaving an escape route. What you should have done was cast Mass Inebriate, knocking everyone unconscious, then killed them while they were napping. The anti-violence field would have protected you from looters.
((While amusing, the idea presents even more holes than original one. A pity I didn't see continuation.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 26, 2015, 02:03:07 am »

The line to murder Dwen forms behind Jase.
((Well then, I have to remind you that I'm on quest for Dwen's head. Official Quest even. So feel free to line up behind me.
If anyone kills him before me, please leave his head intact. I need it.))

Shias the druid
"DEFILER!"

ACTIVATE PROCEDURE "GOOD NIGHT"!
Infuse the vine cocoon into my flesh and become Kurzick Juggernaut (those things are about twice the size of human). Using essences: 11 +1/+1, 1 +1POT, 2 +1CMP, 2 +1/+2. My staff is not to be incorporated into this superiour form.

If the barrier at chamber door is still intact, break it.
If the barrier is broken, break Dwen instead. Or hug him really hard.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:39:08 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 26, 2015, 03:45:56 am »

(This acid is starting to burning me. Let's do some golden work...)

Am i holding the scepter? If so, throw it from me, slowly.
Form a golden wall in front of me, floating. Charge it with electricity after that, fix the gold wall with the help of heat.
If the wall didn't form/too small, charge myself instead.
Both spells All non-chaotic electric essences.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:23:02 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:30 am »

(I might be fine by myself, but what about other mages? Dying at the council chamber seems a wasted life and purpose... Right. I only need to control some liquid... And phase it out of reality.))

I control a large amount of liquid and phase it out of reality. And then... Save. My. Staff! All essences. Massive, ethereal.
((Worst case, I get 2+3 CMP and 2+1,5 POT. Which is still more than enough to get us some breathing room. Enjoy.

That being said, freed space would be swiftly filled by acidic vapors, so caution is advised.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 26, 2015, 05:50:20 am »

((Careful. Remember rather large percentage of human body is water.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 26, 2015, 05:59:50 am »

((Careful. Remember rather large percentage of human body is water.))
((Truth be told, Kahel does not truly care for others. And if his help turns someone's blood into ghost apparition, he won't be that much saddened. As for possibility to affect himself - I hope that his acute awareness of his body and ability to control liquids within it will prevent any incidents.))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 26, 2015, 06:03:48 am »

MORE EXPLORING
I WILL FIND AN OPPONENT, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
Also make more essence.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 26, 2015, 06:12:29 am »

((I really should stop posting at midnight and other ridiculous times.))

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:27:37 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 26, 2015, 07:58:14 am »

Uh, guys- the anti-hostility field is still preventing you from harming Dwen. Jase turned it off, but set it to reactivate when hostile-intent is detected. You guys have lost the benefit of the extra bonuses to comp and pot, and can't harm Dwen.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 26, 2015, 08:46:17 am »

Uh, guys- the anti-hostility field is still preventing you from harming Dwen. Jase turned it off, but set it to reactivate when hostile-intent is detected. You guys have lost the benefit of the extra bonuses to comp and pot, and can't harm Dwen.
((The pot and comp bonuses don't apply to those submerged in acid anyway, and Jase can simply turn the field off again. And he will, given the looks of things.
Oh, and the mind wipe defense system won't work inside the acid either, so everyone's fine to blast Dwen into oblivion while surrounded by the stuff. Goooo Gambler!!))

Jiksap realizes that this is a very bad situation. His skin is tingling - an indicator of acid, which is very familiar to him after several failed experiments involving car batteries and dead body parts. Fortunately he is resistant to it and can hold his breath long enough to save himself and - more importantly - his creations.

Using all essences, summon a Quantum Storage Tank. It is capable of sucking in large amounts of a single liquid very quickly, and stores the liquid in an extremely compressed space. It is also acid-resistant. Then use the tank to suck up all the acid.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:04:27 am by thegamemaster1234 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 26, 2015, 08:55:20 am »

((The amazing thing to me personally is that Crimson could just win the game right now.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 26, 2015, 09:24:08 am »

((Oh yeah, I choose the anti hostility field to work inside the alcohol.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 26, 2015, 09:37:08 am »

((Not if i could to, erm... to mind-control you for one turn. Also i don't know about the acid's flammablility; without oxygen it won't ignite, but i might heat it enough so when the air refills it will ignite and then.... BWAHAHAHAHAH
I'm sorry about the others through.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 506