Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247467 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3420 on: October 25, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »

((why don't you just make a protective item from blades? you already used blades of grass for something))

((by the way, im going o kill that mage...and his death will be painfull))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: October 25, 2015, 08:40:09 pm »

((it seems the forum made me double post.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: October 25, 2015, 08:46:18 pm »

((Okay. Okayyy.... actually a pretty good plan. I commend you, fillipk. But here's another question: will it deal with all the players in the council room? Some mages have... protections... I'm going to note that Kahel(Sarrak) could easily control the acid with his liquids affinity. The Gambler(XXXXYYYY) and Shias(Ao) both have protective spheres around them, and Viznor(Whisperling) may be being offered some sort of divine pact to make him a new body, one likely resistant to acid.))

((If you don't have a phase two, this probably won't end well for you.))
((And another question: will the deaths of all the people in the council room actually bring you to 100 shards?))

((Similar sentiments are most likely shared by... VAR *everybody* = (true). Let me repeat myself: you're going to need a phase two.))

((If you'd like, I could advise you as to what to do via PM. I have some good ideas for a phase two.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: October 25, 2015, 08:47:44 pm »

((why don't you just make a protective item from blades? you already used blades of grass for something))

((1.my mage can be either verybrainy or very much an idiot.

2.my mage has a pattern of over-reacting which I am trying to follow.

3. Its hard to break the fourth wall))

((4. Operation Rage-narok))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:18:32 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: October 25, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »

((Congratulations, fillipk. You've trumped No and None in terms of making mages angry.))

((Unless you have a stage two, you're pretty much dead in the long run.))

((Note: in the long run. That acid's magic-blocking effect might keep you alive for a turn or two.))

((Wait a minute... there might be something you forgot, DG. Didn't a player pact himself to Isis, granting a boon(never be surprised by an attack)?))

((And fillipk: why?))

"Victory! Victory I say! VICTORY!"

Old King Coal makes 3 bone essences to celebrate his looting.
((Long Run plan is in motion as to why, well I had prepared for this for a while and I'm counting on the acid to do a bit more or waste everyone's essences and give me a couple turns to prepare or so.  Not 100 shards but there will be no survivors and the acid can clean up the scene also editing my action plus spells are half as powerful and the acid is suspose to dissolve metal too.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:54:33 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:33 pm »

((Have you any plans for what to do if a mage from outside the castle comes in and interferes? (say Marcus, Old King Coal, Alexander, or Xom, or anybody else... oh wow, you've actually hit the majority of the players of this game with one attack.)))
((Of course, the mages out of the castle may lack IC reasons to go in...))
((Again. Wow. Just wow.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:08 pm »

((Long Run plan is in motion as to why, well I had prepared for this for a while and I'm counting on the acid to do a bit more or waste everyone's essences and give me a couple turns to prepare or so.))
((Good. Yet you really need something exceptional up your sleeves if you want to deal with Crimson, who is practically immune to anything you can do. Also, not the best approach - you won't get shards before everything settles down, effectively making whole plan a gamble of luck. Buffing your vision and granting yourself partial immunity - and then finishing helpless mages while swimming in acid would be a bit more reliable. And awesome.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:38 pm »

((Congratulations, fillipk. You've trumped No and None in terms of making mages angry.))

((Unless you have a stage two, you're pretty much dead in the long run.))

((Note: in the long run. That acid's magic-blocking effect might keep you alive for a turn or two.))

((Wait a minute... there might be something you forgot, DG. Didn't a player pact himself to Isis, granting a boon(never be surprised by an attack)?))

((And fillipk: why?))

"Victory! Victory I say! VICTORY!"

Old King Coal makes 3 bone essences to celebrate his looting.
((Long Run plan is in motion as to why, well I had prepared for this for a while and I'm counting on the acid to do a bit more or waste everyone's essences and give me a couple turns to prepare or so.  Not 100 shards but there will be no survivors and the acid can clean up the scene also editing my action plus spells are half as powerful and the acid is suspose to dissolve metal too.))

((there is a flaw in your plan.

I have essences. and the protection of my soon to exist amulet likely applies to the amulet itself. even if it does not, that wall is about to burst so it should keep me a live long enough.....

first, im going to cut off your hands. then I will rip out your tounge. I will then force-feed you said tounge and your fingers. after that comes the toes. and eventually, your own eyes. then im going to slowly cut into you until you finally bleed out.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:38 pm »

((Agreed.))
-antipyramidsnip-

Ichigo is from bleach. And he can be very dickish at times.

Also I did say I was going to break the fourth wall.
((1. Still means nothing. I haven't watched Bleach.))
((2. Seriously, add double parens for OOC. It just makes discussion far clearer.))
((3. Please don't break the forth wall - It comes across as boring at best. Most of us have got along fine without doing so.))
((4. 'ic'-OOC dickishness still feels just as dickish as just plain OOC.))
((5. While DG didn't explicitly say your sword couldn't make water, we're working off of a strict interpretation of the DG constitution, so to speak. He never said I couldn't suddenly teleport to and instagib everyone else at will, but to argue I could is lunacy.))
((6. Even if we ignore the GM, what you're trying is absurd anyway. If I had a sword of Giant Bane, that means it's great at killing Giants. It does not mean I can summon Dwarves or Pixies or whathaveyou at will.))

((EDIT:))
-snip-

I have essences. and the protection of my soon to exist amulet likely applies to the amulet itself. even if it does not, that wall is about to burst so it should keep me a live long enough.....

first, im going to cut off your hands. then I will rip out your tounge. I will then force-feed you said tounge and your fingers. after that comes the toes. and eventually, your own eyes. then im going to slowly cut into you until you finally bleed out.))
((Wow. That escalated quickly. The worst part is, he won't bleed out. The regeneration field would continue to heal him.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:04:07 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: October 25, 2015, 09:13:30 pm »

The line to murder Dwen forms behind Jase.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: October 25, 2015, 09:15:09 pm »

((Mind if I sig this?))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: October 25, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

((Agreed.))
-antipyramidsnip-

Ichigo is from bleach. And he can be very dickish at times.

Also I did say I was going to break the fourth wall.
((1. Still means nothing. I haven't watched Bleach.))
((2. Seriously, add double parens for OOC. It just makes discussion far clearer.))
((3. Please don't break the forth wall - It comes across as boring at best. Most of us have got along fine without doing so.))
((4. 'ic'-OOC dickishness still feels just as dickish as just plain OOC.))
((5. While DG didn't explicitly say your sword couldn't make water, we're working off of a strict interpretation of the DG constitution, so to speak. He never said I couldn't suddenly teleport to and instagib everyone else at will, but to argue I could is lunacy.))
((6. Even if we ignore the GM, what you're trying is absurd anyway. If I had a sword of Giant Bane, that means it's great at killing Giants. It does not mean I can summon Dwarves or Pixies or whathaveyou at will.))

((EDIT:))
-snip-

((Wow. That escalated quickly. The worst part is, he won't bleed out. The regeneration field would continue to heal him.))

((even better. that means I can make him consume his own eyes more than once!))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: October 25, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »

Get out of here. If I encounter anyone who's unprotected on my way to the door, drag them out too.

If at any point I am out of the acid, make five essences.

Slice Dwen's jugular, if I get a chance. That's not a top priority, though- chances are, he'll get obliterated without my assistance.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:23:29 pm by Whisperling »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: October 25, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »

I can survive indefinitely here? In that case, when the barrier disintegrates, drag whoever's in worst shape out of the room. Probably starting with Jase.

If I get a chance, use my claws to slice open Dwen's jugular.

((NO YOU HAVE TO LET HIM LIVE SO WE CAN TOTURE HIM!))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: October 25, 2015, 09:22:18 pm »

((Mind if I sig this?))
((Go for it.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 506