Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247508 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 124 The first exile
« Reply #3360 on: October 23, 2015, 10:26:46 am »

4 more essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: October 23, 2015, 10:50:42 am »

Stats for Hephaestus, because I'm bored:

Hephaesteus
Alignment: LN
Domains: Craft, Forge, Fire, Metal, Creation, Enchantment (the augmenting kind, not the mind-altering kind)
Worship Requirements: Never intentionally damage any object of excellent craftsmanship (if the item has limited charges, you are permitted to use all of the charges except for the last one (a collection of single-use items is considered a single item with multiple charges for this purpose (exceptions may be made if you can recharge the item)). Objects created or summoned by players are considered of excellent craftsmanship if the comp roll (with bonuses) made in the spell that was used to create or bring it to the arena was equal to or greater than 15. If the item was made with a luck roll (other than when an essence collapses), if it was created or summoned with an 8 or higher on the luck roll (with bonuses), it is also considered to be of excellent craftsmanship. The GM may also declare an object to be of excellent craftsmanship.
Boon Gain Conditions: Pray to him at an altar in an active volcano (this only grants a boon once per volcano), create a sapient construct, create three items of excellent quality over a period of five turns (preparation doesn't count against the five turn limit) (an item may only count for this boon once) (even if you finish early, you must wait until the five turn duration is up before trying to use this boon gain condition again), create an item that the GM deems to be of artifact-level power or craftsmanship
Boons: Gain a cyclops servant (they have an innate +2 bonus to luck rolls to create items (this stacks with other bonuses to luck rolls)), become a cyclops, gain the ability to animate objects (the amount of objects that you can keep animated at any given time is equal to the number of times you take this boon), gain immunity to heat and fire, gain the ability to exhale a cone of fire from your mouth once every 1d4 (roll this whenever you use this ability) (note that you are not immune to your own flame unless you are immune to fire), gain a +20/+20 to a single spell that falls under one of Hephaestus's domains, gain a +5 bonus to a single crafting-based luck roll (stacks with other bonuses to luck rolls)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:59:08 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: October 23, 2015, 11:23:48 am »

"Well that's a totally different story, I think.  Where are you going anyway"

pm'd action

((Who? Me?))

((yes))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: October 23, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »

"Well that's a totally different story, I think.  Where are you going anyway"

pm'd action

"To work. I have a quest to prepare for."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: October 23, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »

((I just noticed everyone's POT rolls is increased again. What happened, is that my specter?))
((What specter? POT/CMP rolls increased because Jase redirected power from mindwipe defence system to Competence aura.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: October 23, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »

((I think he meant scepter))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: October 23, 2015, 08:01:37 pm »

((Oh...))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: October 23, 2015, 08:04:07 pm »

((I just noticed everyone's POT rolls is increased again. What happened, is that my specter?))
((What specter? POT/CMP rolls increased because Jase redirected power from mindwipe defence system to Competence aura.))
((Yes thank you for that Beirus.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: October 23, 2015, 09:58:05 pm »

Disappointed that the plans were likely not to be carried out after all, Jiksap decided to focus on other matters. He could meet with the necromancer again later.

Ask the God of Machines if there is anything He (It? She??) would like me to do for Him (It? Her??) (quest(s) pm'd please). Then 4 more essences. Also, examine the backpack's charge holding mechanism to see if it can be harnessed for uses other than self-destruction.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: October 24, 2015, 03:24:30 pm »

((I just checked the character sheet and I realized that it says my hand is still nailed to my blade. There may be other errors.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: October 25, 2015, 03:24:13 am »

Make 3 aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: October 25, 2015, 05:35:12 am »

Investigate the pyramid more closely.
3 essences.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: October 25, 2015, 08:33:47 am »

3 force essences

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: October 25, 2015, 09:08:56 am »

((DG, I think you forgot my luck bonus last turn. Possibly the fortress' luck aura as well.))

Go wherever is safest if bad thingsTM happen.

If I have time/am safe:

Make a slab of solid knowledge. Play around with it a bit, try and see what exactly it is/does.

Make four knowledge essences afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:41:01 pm by Whisperling »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: October 25, 2015, 10:07:16 am »

Disappointed that the plans were likely not to be carried out after all, Jiksap decided to focus on other matters. He could meet with the necromancer again later.

Ask the God of Machines if there is anything He (It? She??) would like me to do for Him (It? Her??) (quest(s) pm'd please). Then 4 more essences. Also, examine the backpack's charge holding mechanism to see if it can be harnessed for uses other than self-destruction.
Y'know, I bet Hephaestus would be close enough to machines that he could help you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 506