Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1251844 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 119 Deals with divinity
« Reply #3090 on: October 07, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

"Thank you Viznor. Now there's no time to lose I must go rescue that troll! Damn I'm going be late for the council. Oh well."

Run to Grundar!
Forge 3 summoning essences and attempt to turn the omnicube into a chainsaw on the way there. I hope I can somehow talk my way out of this but it's best to be prepared.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »

((You can give me a shard to heal your ribs if you really want, but the castle has a healing field so you'd be wasting your shard. I am become obsolete :'( (Not really there's still lots I can do.)))
See, you're being too kind. You should charge people (variably depending on their condition and current favor with you) for using the healing field. If they can't pay (because they've used the field accidentally or are trying to get free healing), you bring them outside of the field, lop off an appropriate appendage, have Whisperling tag them with a magical device that constantly sends a signal to you while their appendage is missing, and banish them from the fort until they pay you (note that healing the appendage that you cut off has to be paid for separately). If they (without your permission) do it again, disable Whisperling's tag, or heal their appendage on their own, have Whisperling tell you their location, and summon lava (or dragons or something equally deadly) near the culprit. If the culprit has hidden from Whisperling's detection, send some of the denizens of the Plane of Law after it. This also conveniently helps dissuade people from abusing Whisperling's field by jumping inside of the fortress in the middle of combat.
No. That's just not the type of game I'm playing. I don't want to be a jerk, and being nice tends to have more benefits in the long run. I might complain about free health care and that is my right but I still support it completely. Besides that plan looks like a lot of work and James already has enough to worry about. So not going to happen.

Anyway On To The Turn:
"This blade is even better a blade than I could have imagined!!(Thank you Hephestus). Although come to think of the council will be meeting soon for real this time. I'd better find my way there."

Action: Use the castle's built in place-finder in order to find a path to the council room, learning the layout on the way in addition to making 3 blade essences.
Nice! I think that's our first fanart.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: October 07, 2015, 08:39:48 pm »

check out the etchings on the walls, any good artwork?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: October 07, 2015, 09:30:33 pm »

check out the etchings on the walls, any good artwork?
((Wait what etchings?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 118 "Construct aditional votes"
« Reply #3094 on: October 07, 2015, 10:13:41 pm »

"I to shall assist"

assist the spell with 4 of My essences. Give the main chamber pillars of iron with gold etchings. Other rooms get the etchings on the wall.

((those etchings))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 08, 2015, 01:30:30 am »

Ah... This will do just fine.
Create a few more essences, 3 to be exact, and look around at last, take in every detail of my surroundings.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: October 08, 2015, 01:51:16 am »

Upgrade mah staff!
Make 3 essences.
Go to the main council chamber and locate a chair that doesn't offend me in any way (such as made out of wood or spewing poison vapours into air) and isn't reserved. If such chair isn't available, then I'm fine by standing.

((Thread title is out of date.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: October 08, 2015, 02:23:17 am »

{The tower could not look more evil if it was built entirely out of skulls, and you chose that? Okay.}
((It's a normal tower lol))

"Seems i need to add another chair, just in case, but i still need to prepare something other."

4 Electric Essences.

Edit: (("Summons" I mean living summons who could do what do you tell them to do. Note that only people that too rely on living summons when they fight are my enemy, unless they cannot do anything other than summoning like that (undead, paleomancy etc.), in which case when they have like >6 summons.))

Eedit: ((When should i cast summon golden rod with electric orb? I have +9/+9 bonus at electricity without chaotic essences(+13/11 with chaotic).))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:43:39 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: October 08, 2015, 02:32:04 am »

{The tower could not look more evil if it was built entirely out of skulls, and you chose that? Okay.}

3 More essences.

((The tower is built from something that looks like purple, shifting liquid. Above it hang perpetual storm clouds no matter the weather. Tower is iluminated by trio of magic circles that do hell knows what. The tower can shift its structure and bend minds of those inside. Normal it ain't.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 120 Trollnaping and real estate
« Reply #3099 on: October 08, 2015, 03:10:36 am »

((I mean about that music.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: October 08, 2015, 04:49:19 am »

Upgrade mah staff!
Make 3 essences.
Go to the main council chamber and locate a chair that doesn't offend me in any way (such as made out of wood or spewing poison vapours into air) and isn't reserved. If such chair isn't available, then I'm fine by standing.

((Thread title is out of date.))
No it isn't,  I made a deal with Hephaestus this past turn.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: October 08, 2015, 08:07:54 am »

Don't forget that I'll need a chair as well. I'll probably be back in the arena in 2-3 turns.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 08, 2015, 09:32:04 am »

i humbly to you Isis , the Egyptian Goddess of Motherhood, Protection and Magic, and the Mother of Horus. I seek you guidance, the hat which lies before me i do not know what it could mean for me, all I ask this time is that you keep me from harm

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: October 08, 2015, 10:01:00 am »

Go to the council chamber,make 3 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 08, 2015, 10:05:29 am »

3 More essences.

((The tower is built from something that looks like purple, shifting liquid. Above it hang perpetual storm clouds no matter the weather. Tower is iluminated by trio of magic circles that do hell knows what. The tower can shift its structure and bend minds of those inside. Normal it ain't.))
Jiksap wants to live here now. Except he can't, because there's still unfinished business outside. Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 506