Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1252036 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 100 Reunion of the centturn
« Reply #2325 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:17 am »

He distracted the dragon for a turn, which probably saved my life.

You're not getting anything unless we discuss it and come to an agreement about what I owe you.
I'll let you keep those 7 shards you stole from me and forgive you for stealing them, maybe summon some equipment for you, and heal you for free if you're ever in need. That is a really good offer for what you did.
Well, I have something... different in mind. I guess I'm not benefiting from delaying this, so I'll get straight to the point: scrap the healing and the equipment, I want the jet. Now, before we continue negotiations, I'd like you to know that I've been going around planting what I like to call "seeds" in people. These "seeds" are mental contingencies that activate at my command. I have several that are set to kill a designated target or to attack unapproved aggressors when they attack me, whether I know it or not. You are off of the "non-approved" list. You might believe that I am lying. I am not. I have pledged myself to a god of truth, and he punishes lying followers. DreamerGhost can confirm this. Think about the decision that you are about to make.
((I think you've actually pledged yourself to a god of lies. But it's possible we can prove that you've placed your "seeds" by looking in the turns and looking for unaccounted essence loss in the status at the end of each new turn.))

Edit: ((For some reason Plot affinity isn't valid. I wonder why?  ;)))

*Coughs*

This is exactly what my knowledge affinity was made for.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 19, 2015, 01:03:40 pm »

Post the quote about you pledging to that god of truth, ATHATH.
Edit: And i won't smite you if you did.
I don't know how to see my own pms. Could you post the pm, DG?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 19, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »

Post the quote about you pledging to that god of truth, ATHATH.
Edit: And i won't smite you if you did.
I don't know how to see my own pms. Could you post the pm, DG?
((when you send it you have to hit the save a copy in my inbox button.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 19, 2015, 03:03:12 pm »

Nice try ATHATH. You're assuming that I don't have ways to deal with mind control and contingencies set up in case of mind control.
And you never actually said you implanted a seed in my mind. You said you've implanted seeds in some people, and that I'm off the non-approved list, but its entirely possible that I have no seed in my mind and you're still telling the truth.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: July 19, 2015, 03:21:40 pm »

PM'd action.

((Sorry guys, just realized my PM adventure in research magic turned up something urgent. Your human lie detector will be back online next turn.))

((On a side note, I'm thinking that with a few other mages helping out, we could make a facility/magical object to resolve situations like these. If a few people are interested in helping out, I'll put the plan in writing and post it here.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 19, 2015, 04:20:48 pm »

((I will just mind my own business for now and not interfere in your politics okay?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 19, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »

((On a side note, I'm thinking that with a few other mages helping out, we could make a facility/magical object to resolve situations like these. If a few people are interested in helping out, I'll put the plan in writing and post it here.))
((It would be interesting. A bit later, though. I need to reawaken fully and get some extra shards, so as to properly succeed Whaz the Gloomy.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 19, 2015, 07:04:17 pm »

Due to some poor time managment on my part, next turn will be delayed. Expect it in next ~12 hours.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:14 pm »

Nice try ATHATH. You're assuming that I don't have ways to deal with mind control and contingencies set up in case of mind control.
And you never actually said you implanted a seed in my mind. You said you've implanted seeds in some people, and that I'm off the non-approved list, but its entirely possible that I have no seed in my mind and you're still telling the truth.
I did not intend to imply that you had the seed.

What defence do you have against mind control? Tin foil hats? The seeds do not cause the infected to go into a blind rage. The infected will wait and plot before attacking. Unless you can kill everyone on this island, I doubt that you will be able to secure your safety. Need I remind you that many of the mages here can kill someone a mile away?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:50 pm »

What defence do you have against mind control? Tin foil hats? The seeds do not cause the infected to go into a blind rage. The infected will wait and plot before attacking. Unless you can kill everyone on this island, I doubt that you will be able to secure your safety. Need I remind you that many of the mages here can kill someone a mile away?
((You realize that includes the mages who could kill you from a mile away for being a perceived threat so that you could never activate your contingencies? You aren't help yourself without the passive agressive non-threats. You're just painting a huge target in your back. Probably best not to do that. Just some advice.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 19, 2015, 09:33:27 pm »

Also, someone could just drop a meteor from a mile and then do a suicide, ATHATH(through i think it is more meta than your argument). Could you mind control someone back to life?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 19, 2015, 09:55:57 pm »

Also, someone could just drop a meteor from a mile and then do a suicide, ATHATH(through i think it is more meta than your argument). Could you mind control someone back to life?
I've already asked that, and was told no.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 19, 2015, 10:20:22 pm »

I've already asked that, and was told no.
That's exactly the point. Second question is Franken-the-Now-NPC-Playerchar. And if you know about dormand mind control and then do a suicide after doing a spell to the mind controller is meta, no?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 19, 2015, 10:33:05 pm »

((You realize that includes the mages who could kill you from a mile away for being a perceived threat so that you could never activate your contingencies? You aren't help yourself without the passive agressive non-threats. You're just painting a huge target in your back. Probably best not to do that. Just some advice.))
They activate when I'm damaged by someone who I have not blacklisted.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: July 20, 2015, 10:47:47 am »

So I'm in the "everyone kill me now" list because I hurt your skull? Ouch.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 506