Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1252886 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1290 on: April 10, 2015, 05:16:56 pm »

I roll a d10 and you get something based on result. Space marine, even at their dying-to-gaunts worst are top rolls tier.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 10, 2015, 05:24:40 pm »

Go towards the lake

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 10, 2015, 05:40:15 pm »

"Eh, simply playing? Then, surely, you wouldn't mind if I join them? Atmosphere here is surely in dire need of heating..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 10, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »

"That dragon came from a land of snow and ice. I don't think it would appreciate a rise in temperatures."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 10, 2015, 07:02:51 pm »

((ima make me a mech later. metal affinity should help.....but I would love some others to go with it...))

That is, presuming you can survive me. It occurs to me that whoever wins this duel and kills the other will have enough shards for one more affinity. A good start for either of us. Wish I made more essences first.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 10, 2015, 07:17:46 pm »

((ima make me a mech later. metal affinity should help.....but I would love some others to go with it...))
You'd probably need more than an affinity for metal to make a mech. Electronics, fuel, engineering, weapons, etc.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 10, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »

((James got a mech with just one affinity. I also said that more affinities would help. and I never said I would not need a lot of essences))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 10, 2015, 07:33:03 pm »

"Build" and "summon" are two different things. How did James get his mech? You need a lot of technical expertise to build a mech, something you probably don't have considering I apparently don't even get white-belt martial arts training.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 10, 2015, 07:41:02 pm »

"im attacking no right now. I can kill him and use the shards to gain summoning affinity."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:43 pm »

Just to be clear, DreamerGhost, I'm not complaining that I didn't get martial arts training. I think it's a good way to keep everyone balanced and to prevent people from getting super-OP starting skills and steamroll everyone with them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 10, 2015, 07:50:25 pm »

Disregard earlier action post.

"Well, good sir, your aggressiveness may get you one of the best rewards- or let you pay the ultimate price. Shall we find out? You no, wait, you know I would have left you be if you had decided against attacking me and the good purple-legged sir had decided not to join me. Do not jest about my name. But anyway... your death cometh, good sir. I will share the shards given by this fool's death with anyone who aids me substantially with his death."

Use all three of my essences to hit the sword-wielding mage with a Glare of Withering, causing his body to rapidly wither away. Just to be clear, the sword wielding mage who is trying to kill me, not any of the other sword-wielding mages. If he survives that conscious, dodge his attacks. If he survives that in any other state, crush his throat with my boot.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:53:36 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 10, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »

"Well, good sir, your aggressiveness may get you one of the best rewards- or let you pay the ultimate price. Shall we find out? You no, wait, you know I would have left you be if you had decided against attacking me and the good purple-legged sir had decided not to join me. Do not jest about my name. But anyway... your death cometh, good sir. I will share the shards given by this fool's death with anyone who aids me substantially with his death."

Use all three of my essences to hit the sword-wielding mage with a Glare of Withering, causing his body to rapidly wither away. Just to be clear, the sword wielding mage who is trying to kill me, not any of the other sword-wielding mages. If he survives that conscious, dodge his attacks. If he survives that in any other state, crush his throat with my boot.

((should have made that secret action so you would not know I was taking advantage of your inattention.....))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 10, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

"Really? Then, should we appease him a little bit?"

Ignoring his frostbitten leg for a while, Kahel freezes the iron man, using ALL his essences.

((Let's find what will happen.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 10, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »

((should have made that secret action so you would not know I was taking advantage of your inattention.....))

Well I had a contingency in my first action post that would have resulted in your being very atrophied anyway. So mini-poll here: which do you think is worse, having your character be very atrophied or very withered?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 10, 2015, 08:08:32 pm »

((idk, they both sound Fun!))
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 506