Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1253032 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1275 on: April 10, 2015, 06:57:34 am »

The force was for your kamehameha. Chi is term too broad for me to alow it, but you can roleplay Goku with force.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:57 am »

A concentrated ball of force would make for a very powerful weapon, plus it's something I can't do with acceleration without getting a -1 or two in there. Not only that, but I can also increase the power of my physical/unarmed attacks without the chance of self-damage, unlike with acceleration. Ok, DreamerGhost, you've convinced me. If I can't find a magical affinity that'll make flash-stepping safer for me, I'll get force instead. Either that or I'll play a force character if Azenfar dies.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 10, 2015, 07:28:08 am »

Inb4 Crimson goes supersayan.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 10, 2015, 07:31:12 am »

OH! IS FINAL FORMS A MAGICAL AFFINITY?

EDIT: Sorry, it's just I've been meaning to ask this for weeks but I kept on forgetting the question. Also, how does enchanting work in this game?

EDIT2: Oh crap. I just looked at the character sheet to confirm a suspicion I had about your comment, and apparently I just gave Crimson more ideas of how to use his affinity to kill people. Scite!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:41:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 10, 2015, 08:20:46 am »

No, final forms are not a legit afinity. You have to craft yours first.

Enchantment basicly means ataching a spell that does something when something happens. Ex. explodes when hit. If you try to flat out "make it better" you get to roll luck, and if you roll low enough  clockwork SCP agents apear and beat you up with 910 mm long brass rods.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 10, 2015, 09:23:41 am »

"Hmm. This seems like a rather dangerous place to be, what with the mage density bein' so high an' all. Even if nobody's tryin' to kill yah, a fumbled spell most certainly will, if ya not lucky, of course."
The Gambler heads northwest, trying to find a nice peaceful, flat spot on the plains, hopefully on top of a small hill. He makes 2 essences as he walks.
Have you considered making your character's God the RNG (allows a reroll on anyone's roll once per x turns, perhaps)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 10, 2015, 10:08:10 am »

"Iron man. Explain your reason to interrupt our fight!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 10, 2015, 10:31:08 am »

"Dammit. Backlash, again? Seems like heating up is in order..."

Kahel turns to other mage and respectfully nods to him:

"Greetings. It's good to see the mage population of this island blooming and youths fighting... Still, could you explain me why this man is trying to kill my teammate?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:35:40 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 10, 2015, 02:46:03 pm »

"Is your teammate that burned, crispy one? He was fighting somebody else, I guess metal man thought it was a free for all when we showed up with that dragon over there. The other guy blew himself up, though. And the metal man doesn't seem to be trying very hard to kill your teammate. He's just been poking him a bit. Maybe they're just playing tag or something."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 10, 2015, 02:56:44 pm »

"Hmm. This seems like a rather dangerous place to be, what with the mage density bein' so high an' all. Even if nobody's tryin' to kill yah, a fumbled spell most certainly will, if ya not lucky, of course."
The Gambler heads northwest, trying to find a nice peaceful, flat spot on the plains, hopefully on top of a small hill. He makes 2 essences as he walks.
Have you considered making your character's God the RNG (allows a reroll on anyone's roll once per x turns, perhaps)?
((I was gonna have him pray to Fortuna (after creating enough luck) actually, but I might do that instead. A god of luck for sure though.))

((He's totally gonna have a bunch of luck-based gear though. Most of it probably to stop the RNG from smiting him/me as per usual. Vriska bow anyone? :P))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 10, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »

At a certain level of power, luck ceases to matter. Just wait till I stop your heart using 15 Evil Eye essences. Or Jason (is that his name?) summons a nuke. Jacob?

Edit: James. That guy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:21:05 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 10, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »

James seems to be happy by simply showin that he can powergame harder than anyone else, but not actualy do it. He created a 20 meters tall blinged out adamantine mech, used it to kill a(n avatar of a) god, and then left without even looting the corpse.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 10, 2015, 04:48:29 pm »

((ima make me a mech later. metal affinity should help.....but I would love some others to go with it...))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 10, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »

((Avatar of a god? Now I really wish I had been around to tame that worm. A dragon is a decent consolation prize though.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 10, 2015, 04:57:41 pm »

So I can spend 7 shards to buy a non-magical minion. To what extent does that apply? Can I summon a space marine? They're non-magical, after all. What about a Bear Titan?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 506