Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1250137 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 192 To burn or not to burn?
« Reply #6285 on: October 02, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

I ran out of PM's. To answer a semi-question and remind people of something important.

Xom has 1 turn before he bleeds out.
Uh-oh.

Why do I have a strange feeling that something absolutely insane and ridiculous is about to happen?

On a side note: How does one "run out" of pm's?
There's a cap on the number of PMs you can send in an hour. If you hit it, the server won't let you send any until the next hour starts.
How high is that cap? I tend to send a lot of pms, and I haven't encountered it...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: October 02, 2016, 08:54:35 pm »

"Eh. It 'ad ta 'appen eventually."
Shrug, summon a lucky alchemy set and an essence, and watch the ritual.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: October 03, 2016, 01:06:20 am »

Uh-oh.

Why do I have a strange feeling that something absolutely insane and ridiculous is about to happen?

On a side note: How does one "run out" of pm's?
There's a cap on the number of PMs you can send in an hour. If you hit it, the server won't let you send any until the next hour starts.
How high is that cap? I tend to send a lot of pms, and I haven't encountered it...

I heard it is 20.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:07 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"..."

Well then. Doktor Diabolical attempts(as much as an unconscious person can attempt anything) to wake up and magically get the bloody swarm-bots back under control.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: October 03, 2016, 10:01:55 am »

((Does Vinzor shields protect him from heat transferal as well? I can think of many ways to bypass them, true, but I want to know.))

"Why do you protect HIM instead of fighting ME?"

Kahel was furious. His target was getting away, carrying precious shards he could have used in this confrontation. And, with bindings in place, he had small chance of actually pursuing Xom. Latter could eventually fly away even at this pathetic speed, not bothered by fight in the slightest!

"Kahel, do you not understand the meaning of 'peace?' It is not merely the death of those who would violate it. That is only the means by which it must be preserved."

"It is within the power and beauty of the Tower, a wonder wrought by many hands- and yet it is also within Xom's experiments, and his ring of chaos and order. It is a mage's freedom to walk unhindered by violence, and to do or create what he will."

"Perhaps those like you are not entirely wrong. They merely wish to carry out the original purpose of this place, and that is a twisted sort of peace in and of itself. However, I will not allow them to interfere, as you have done. I will not allow them to hunt innocent after innocent, or turn our Tower against itself. What in that do you- and the rest of your kind- refuse to understand?"

PM action.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: October 03, 2016, 10:48:56 am »

Ugh, finally. That took entirely too long.

Create another bottle, liquify a couple forks into it, and pocket a knife. Return to the outside of the tower, where Surg is.

Then notice the fire tree fiasco happening nearby because I'm finally out of the tower.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: October 03, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »

((Page 420 Blaze it!))

"Another fire tree? Someone must be copying you."
James decides to stop summoning healing items and heads over to check out the new fire tree.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:03 pm »

Xom has 1 turn before he bleeds out.
((Well, at least Xom's come far enough to merit a 14pt death prediction!))

Remember the entropy-reduction/structure-reinforcement spell Xom used to repair the pyramid? Cast a slightly modified version of that spell to try to repair the damage to Xom's body, at least enough to staunch the bleeding. Use all remaining essences ([+1 POT] ,  two [+1 CMP]). Meanwhile, the pyramid will continue levitating to our destination, firing at the genie as it drifts away. If it ever reaches the tower walls, just float over them to get into the aura zone. No time for knocking on potentially-locked gates.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: October 03, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »

DG!
My inventory seems to be really out of date. My staff is duplicated somehow but it was stolen and broken by an idiot who's now dead. And my new flowers are not listed.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »

Can you guys connect to Charsheet doc? It throws errors at me.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: October 03, 2016, 03:15:41 pm »

Can you guys connect to Charsheet doc? It throws errors at me.

Huh, working fine over here.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: October 03, 2016, 03:27:20 pm »

I'm getting "Unable to load the file".
It seems Google docs has developed sudden, and hopefully temporary allergy to dorm internet.
Inventory fixes will commence when I regain control over the charsheet.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: October 04, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: October 04, 2016, 07:56:47 pm »

((Checking if this is still open to waitlist/join. If so, I have a sheet ready))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: October 04, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »

((Checking if this is still open to waitlist/join. If so, I have a sheet ready))

((There's no player limit, so go ahead.))
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 506