Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1214207 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 143 Back on track
« Reply #4695 on: February 19, 2016, 08:49:39 pm »

((so is the tower traveling through a portal to? I just got back and I need to catch up))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: February 19, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »

((I see DG isn't giving me a chance to diplomatize the eldritch creatures))

Good to see everyone made the trip here safely. Unfortunately, we seem to have landed in some eldritch dimension. We need to form a perimeter and create a safehouse in case we need to retreat at some point.

James. Do you think you could create a secure building or something?
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: February 20, 2016, 03:21:52 am »

((Looks like some new interesting adventures await.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: February 20, 2016, 04:16:22 am »

GAH! I wasn't expecting to wind up on ice! Shivering, Chorkinaan attempts to create a cube in front of himself, the size of his own head, heavy as iron, and gravitating in such a way that it falls southeast; with a graspable handle, which he grabs onto as it materializes and plunges through the water to the shore. (Releasing, of course, if it makes to slide up out of the water and continue falling.) Use the +1/+1 essence for this.

((When you have to specify all the physical properties of an object, you end up with long messages.  :P))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:19:32 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: February 20, 2016, 04:20:36 am »

Shias grants himself a small smile. Nature at peace. What a happy moment. I pray this can become a state of world...

Explore around briefly, maybe the Forest Heart can be found nearby.

Summon powerfull fertilizer. Essences used: three +1/+1, chaotic +2/+1 and +1 POT.

GAH! I wasn't expecting to wind up on ice! Shivering, Chorkinaan attempts to create a cube of solid magic in front of himself, the size of his own head, heavy as iron, and gravitating in such a way that it falls southeast; with a graspable handle, which he grabs onto as it materializes and plunges through the water to the shore. (Releasing, of course, if it makes to slide up out of the water and continue falling.)

((When you have to specify all the physical properties of an object, you end up with long messages.  :P))
((More you define it, more roll maluses you get. I think.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: February 20, 2016, 01:42:40 pm »

"I'll assist you, for a small favor."
Summon a cluster of healing cubes. Form 2 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: February 20, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »

((Internal))
((Master, We Have Arrived At The New World, but in the process, the old world may be out of reach. Do you have any directions for me?))

Skeliborn

Action:

Fight the enemies using vortex bane while talking to Hepheastus.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:52:45 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: February 20, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »

This whole thing where I waited the few guys to finish up while forcing the rest to sit around doing nothing? Did not seem to work out all that well, probably won't try that again.
((Again, very sorry for taking so long to post. I'll make sure to keep on top of things from now on.))

For most people, fighting another mage for a few shards while the world is literally ending could be considered "ill-advised" or "dangerous" or "mind-bogglingly suicidal". But for Henry? He's the best around, and no giant dragon-induced void of nothing - *puts on sunglasses of +3 coolness* - is ever going to keep him down.

Go down two tiles and enchant my shoes (items which naturally control kinetic energy to improve running) to give me +1CMP to Kinesis spells.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:42:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: February 20, 2016, 08:38:51 pm »

Jiksap awakes to delightfully watery conditions. The water was cold, but he didn't notice that. Apparently biomodification often comes with unexpected benefits. As his previous treasure hunt was quite inconclusive, he decided to hunt for more. There's always some kind of underwater ruins or shipwreck in places with icebergs, right??? Even on world maps with no actual civilization or oceans, just like the last one?!??

Oh wait, he's covered in shrapnel. Part of it is beautiful metal and the rest appears to be that red crystal that neat eel was guarding. Not a total loss, then. Maybe being covered in crystal and shrapnel will actually come in handy for once. If he can move, that is. Which is why he's about to go treasure hunting. Obviously.

Go treasure hunting, create 3 essences
Also, assess damage to body and equipment.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: February 20, 2016, 08:48:41 pm »

(Hmm... A crystal tower... Let's see...)
"Okay, let's take a look around first..."

Enchance the electric gem. Take a closer look at the tower.
Edited.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:52:58 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: February 21, 2016, 12:57:45 pm »

If some people have posted an action before Turn 143 and haven't reposted it afterwards, please do so. I will check if an action is missing, but it would save me the search if you reposted.

This whole thing where I waited the few guys to finish up while forcing the rest to sit around doing nothing? Did not seem to work out all that well, probably won't try that again.
((Again, very sorry for taking so long to post. I'll make sure to keep on top of things from now on.))

You were not alone in taking a day or two, nor was people taking their time the only reason. For one, I kinda expected more than three people to stay on the island, and more than one to post their actions rather than sending PM's. As it was, for majority of players it was a pause happening for no real reason.

((so is the tower traveling through a portal to? I just got back and I need to catch up))

Jase is carrying it in an amulet.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:17:05 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: February 21, 2016, 01:08:55 pm »

Action PM'd.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 142 There is always a bigger fish
« Reply #4707 on: February 21, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »

I'm going to prepare a character now.
((This.)) ((My next char is this.))
~~~
Jase is carrying [the tower] in an amulet.
:o ((wot))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: February 21, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »

GAH! I wasn't expecting to wind up on ice! Shivering, Chorkinaan attempts to create a cube in front of himself, the size of his own head, heavy as iron, and gravitating in such a way that it falls southeast; with a graspable handle, which he grabs onto as it materializes and plunges through the water to the shore. (Releasing, of course, if it makes to slide up out of the water and continue falling.) Use the +1/+1 essence for this.

((Re-posting to say I've made modifications.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: February 21, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »

Out of stasis pod. Transform it back into an armguard.
Check if the portal still exists and if it's two way.
Try to radio Grundar.

Good to see everyone made the trip here safely. Unfortunately, we seem to have landed in some eldritch dimension. We need to form a perimeter and create a safehouse in case we need to retreat at some point.

James. Do you think you could create a secure building or something?

"I really don't think this is a good place to make a safehouse. We should get moving, see if we can find somewhere safer and find any other survivors."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 506