Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1213229 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 142 There is always a bigger fish
« Reply #4665 on: February 12, 2016, 06:26:35 pm »

((Easy multicasting is overpowered in just about any form. When you take into account that the vast majority of significant actions are magical, it basically allows people to double up on their turns.

Maybe it should be possible, somehow, but it should be much more obscure difficult, and impermanent than going on killing spree.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: February 12, 2016, 07:10:03 pm »

((So I'm dead now? I didn't even get to mess with the wings.  Oh well, I think I'm going to drop out now.))
((But good sir... you hast been saved by Cuberac, who dragged your character through the portal!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: February 12, 2016, 07:42:03 pm »

((On another note. If I get a turn while in the state between the Duck and the Turtle (A'Tuin?)))

No, and the new island is not on a turtle.

((Oh Well. Was worth a try.))
((In light of that I present:))

((I plan to add to that later))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: February 13, 2016, 12:58:58 am »

Woah-ho-ho MAN, were those currents rough! Chorkinaan looks around and notices all the other magi traveling through the blue portal. Oh, hello. I see you guys are also fleeing an imminent apocalypse. Some day, ah? I tell you what, I did NOT expect THAT on my way through the portal here. Say, do you guys hear quacking sounds?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: February 13, 2016, 01:30:25 am »

Punch Forric in the jaw to stun him, then punch him in the throat with a kinetic enhanced fist. (All such kinetic punches will only increase forwards kinetic force WITHOUT increasing backwards kinetic force, thus increasing damage to the enemy without getting damaged in turn.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: February 13, 2016, 01:59:36 am »

((It is easy to multicast without actually casting multiple spells in a turn:
1. Create spell(or [insert affinity here] grenade)orbs that is cast when [insert trigger here]
2. Enchant it until you are 'happy'
3. ???
4. Profit

That being said, 'fixing' the OP essences, while the ritual can also be even more OP(despite the fact i don't use it); Someone could  make a/n spell orb/s that effectively insta-kills and insta-loots everyone in half a mile radius with the rituals.))

Punch Forric in the jaw to stun him, then punch him in the throat with a kinetic enhanced fist. (All such kinetic punches will only increase forwards kinetic force WITHOUT increasing backwards kinetic force, thus increasing damage to the enemy without getting damaged in turn.)
((The (recoil) damage is from the deceleration trauma (the deceleration itself is from Newton 3rd's law, which you said 'backwards kinetic force'). Adding force while the fist is in contact is the best idea.))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:31:01 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: February 13, 2016, 10:43:45 am »

((The issue with rituals, I think, is that there's at least a 1/3 chance per turn that a one-person ritual will spontaneously fail. Adding a second item only makes that more likely. Teamwork... doesn't really happen so much, which means the whole system is a bit of a useless mess.

It's less a matter of the progression (which is often better than essences), but rather the fail chance and the per-person item cap that would make it a pain to use.))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:45:54 am by Whisperling »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:13 pm »

((The issue with rituals, I think, is that there's at least a 1/3 chance per turn that a one-person ritual will spontaneously fail. Adding a second item only makes that more likely. Teamwork... doesn't really happen so much, which means the whole system is a bit of a useless mess.

It's less a matter of the progression (which is often better than essences), but rather the fail chance and the per-person item cap that would make it a pain to use.))

((A way to fix that problem is by making rituals exponential based on the number of turns))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:40 pm »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: February 14, 2016, 06:28:36 pm »

Fraid not. The effects of the Uber-dragon appear to have caused some ripples in space-time that are causing those of us in the portals to see visions of pasts, presents, and futures among other things.
The voice of Skeliborn disappears from the room, leaving behind an aura of mystery and unease.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: February 14, 2016, 06:39:39 pm »

Through the air, through the void... Old King Coal had shifted back. He was rather dead, and he never had a chance to pact himself with Armok. A bone boline(a rather special dagger) slipped out of his clothes and flew through the void, going... somewhere.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: February 14, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

Meanwhile in another part of the void, a bone boline appeared from nowhere, circled once or twice around Skeliborn and disappeared.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: February 15, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »

Wait in my glass coffin.
What does going through the portal look/sound/feel like; is there any space or time between the entrance and exit?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: February 15, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »

((On another note. If I get a turn while in the state between the Duck and the Turtle (A'Tuin?)))

No, and the new island is not on a turtle.

I had no idea this crazy Discworld weird plot s#*€ was going on when I called the new map Turtle. I merely thought that the island being referred to as a duck was simply a silly way to express sentimentality. In the naming of the sentimental object after a Earthly avian creature way.

So obviously I follow up with the naming of the soon-to-be sentimental object after an amphibian Earthly creature instead.

((Coming up with explanations that are much more long-winded and pointless than they deserve to be is apparently something I have a knack for. Did I mention that I have typed nearly all of my actions, including this post and the one on the turn of the Apocalypse, on my phone?))

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:14:06 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: February 15, 2016, 04:42:19 pm »

((The duck thing actually originated because of a typo, not anything having to do with Diskworld.

EDIT: Here's the quote-))

Entire island quacked from the power of the spell cast.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:45:37 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 506