Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1246853 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 130 Happenings all around.
« Reply #3795 on: November 20, 2015, 01:32:37 am »

Shias the Druid.
"The Heart of Forests? Never in my life I expected to see it. And I shrudder to think how mages might abuse it if they find it is here..." Now aiming his words to treans surrounding the field. "I certainly don't need to tell you importance of keeping mages away from here. Although I'm ashamed to say I might end up using it myself too to remove fires of industrialization from this plane... *sigh*" He sighs and stands up.

3 essences again.
Go to where the hallucinogenic spores are. I guess the gasmask is useless in my current form, but if it helps to prevent me being affected then wear it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: November 20, 2015, 06:01:39 am »

(Please give a shard each from James to Gambler, Crimson, and Skelliborn. I edited my action to include this but after you had already started writing so my bad.)

"Well that was an eventful first council meeting. I'm going back to my shop, got a something to do before we leave."

Go back to the shop. Greet the tree.
"Hi, how ya doing? You know, after the way that council went I think you're right about mages."
Sit against the tree. Brew 4 essences and try again to armguardify the omnicube. Hopefully my luck bonuses actually happen this time?
"If you want I can change your form back to a natural tree."
Thank you. I will scout out the area ahead of the rest of the expedition. I may set up a base camp near the eldritch portal so if you see a blade like building in that vacinity, that will most likely be my doing.

I would like to join you after i get my specks, is this OK?
we'd love your help. Thank you.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: November 20, 2015, 09:08:32 am »

Why do I not have a turn?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:07 am »

"Mmmm lets see...."

comand the golem to form up a humaniod shape
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: November 20, 2015, 11:29:08 am »

Craft three more essences. Have my raptors lead me to where Jiksap is.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: November 20, 2015, 01:25:38 pm »

The blue meteors out the window spark interest in Jiksap. What might they be made of? Do they contain anything? Could they possibly be useful for machinery? Regardless, he knew they must be dangerous; power seldom comes free. He decides to prepare a little, then investigate the closest one. After it lands, of course. No use getting blown up!
Construct a magitech staff with the effigy as its channeling piece (head). Construct it in a way that I can channel the charges from my backpack into it (construct manually). Then create 3 essences.

After that, head off towards the closest meteor, but only close enough to observe the crash site. If something comes out, I may want some space to run.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: November 20, 2015, 01:31:34 pm »

-- fail post --

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: November 20, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »

"Yes, it is time, let it begin."

Summon and control a demon using all my essences then create 2 essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: November 20, 2015, 06:48:50 pm »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: November 20, 2015, 09:59:57 pm »

I don't know if they are trying to divide or gather...
Go north(towards the volcano), 4 electric essences.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:55:17 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: November 20, 2015, 10:21:10 pm »

Is creating essences a free action? Can it be done in addition to casting a spell?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: November 20, 2015, 10:47:17 pm »

Is creating essences a free action? Can it be done in addition to casting a spell?

((Creating an essence is treated as casting a spell. You can try to do as many magical actions as you like each turn, but you get a cumulative -1 malus to your magic rolls after each cast.))

That said, failing the creation of an essence is a lot harder than failing a spell. When it does happen (on a final roll of 0 CMP), the consequences, or lack thereof, are determined by a luck roll.

Essence roulette happens when you keep creating essences for the sole purpose of failing. You can get some interesting stuff on a good luck roll, but ones are, needless to say, rather fun.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: November 20, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »

-snip-
Thanks!

Create 3 Curse Essences. Walk toward the castle—and inside it, if possible.

(Crossed out previous action.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:34:45 pm by Elephant Parade »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: November 21, 2015, 12:38:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 506