Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247039 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 108 Wheel of samsara
« Reply #2595 on: August 18, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »

"Well, this place is odd. Erm, I don't suppose you can hear me, [Whisperling's character's name]?"
((You are verry much too dead for that.))
I assumed that your lack of comment on my previous action was approval.

Name: Marcus
Affinity: Necromancy
Description: He's back, and he's a banshee now. He has changed his approval quest to slaying FoU. He speaks like this now.
Stats: They're the same as last time.

((It was. Your action did not suceed because you did not recover your conciousness in time and was decapitated before it. I figured that moving your charsheet to "dead"section, lack of magic rolls and description of your thoughts being interrupted by decapitation were enough hints.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 18, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »

"Well, this place is odd. Erm, I don't suppose you can hear me, [Whisperling's character's name]?"
((You are verry much too dead for that.))
I assumed that your lack of comment on my previous action was approval.

Name: Marcus
Affinity: Necromancy
Description: He's back, and he's a banshee now. He has changed his approval quest to slaying FoU. He speaks like this now.
Stats: They're the same as last time.

((It was. Your action did not suceed because you did not recover your conciousness in time and was decapitated before it. I figured that moving your charsheet to "dead"section, lack of magic rolls and description of your thoughts being interrupted by decapitation were enough hints.))
I thought that I could end up on that plane where a bunch of dead warriors continue to fight.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:26 pm »

I thought that I could end up on that plane where a bunch of dead warriors continue to fight.

I'm pretty sure that we don't get afterlives. Mainly because our souls are crystalized, passed from person to person, and eventually destroyed for magical power.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:23 pm »

"the core....mmm...built in emergency power and movement device perhaps? keep me from needing to gather as much power making a new one when the first gets its body recket"

MOR POWER
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: August 18, 2015, 05:48:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure that we don't get afterlives. Mainly because our souls are crystalized, passed from person to person, and eventually destroyed for magical power.
This. As of now, I remember only three mages eluding this ultimate fate - one ascending, one killing himself with acid and one (me) being aged into dust after dying.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:30 pm »

This. As of now, I remember only three mages eluding this ultimate fate - one ascending, one killing himself with acid and one (me) being aged into dust after dying.
((One mage, the one whwo ascended. Whaz soul is now a part of Jaces' CMP bonus. I do not remember the acid mage.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 18, 2015, 06:28:50 pm »

((One mage, the one whwo ascended. Whaz soul is now a part of Jaces' CMP bonus. I do not remember the acid mage.))
What did he do to ascend? I've apparently completely forgotten about that guy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 18, 2015, 06:31:58 pm »

What did he do to ascend? I've apparently completely forgotten about that guy.
((He announced in thread that he no longer wanted to play. Now I remember there was another guy who comited sudoku.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 18, 2015, 06:32:09 pm »

((It was the alchemist Mage.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 18, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »

Ah. That would be why I didn't remember him. Thanks.

On a different note, I can't find the deathlist or the waitlist.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:09:28 pm by ATHATH »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 18, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

There is no waitlist- everyone gets in on the turn they submit their char sheet. The deathlist is at the bottom of the doc.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: August 18, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

There is no waitlist. Deathlist is at the bottom of this.
Now with a charsheet

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 18, 2015, 10:44:05 pm »

Why is it so hard for us (the players of this game) to remember the lack of a waitlist?!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 19, 2015, 02:12:16 am »

I deduced from the number of shards that Jace only got the shards Whaz had before his death. As there was no one to collect his soul long enough for his body to turn into dust...

Plant Isaac. He destroyed himself and used his soul to reincarnate as Stone Isaac. Whom I got.

EDIT: When should we expect the next turn?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:42:49 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 19, 2015, 06:30:55 am »

Why is it so hard for us (the players of this game) to remember the lack of a waitlist?!

((My guess? We are not used to games, especially large ones like this, that don't have them.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 506