Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1216408 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 102 Tarzan, yer' a wizzard.
« Reply #2370 on: July 23, 2015, 11:05:37 am »

Approach the nearby mage(Remaining in the trees, unless it would seriously hamper communication). 2 Essences.
"'Ello there. I hope ya not gonna try and kill me. Ya don't seem very steady on ya feet. What's ya name?"
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:23 pm »

“So that’s the way it’s gonna be, eh? Well, I’m going after him.”

Go after the tempature mage, make three bees essences. Be sure to hum a happy tune as I go. Alerim will follow me, naturally.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 23, 2015, 03:59:32 pm »

Taxi the jet back to the shop and get out before I'm smushed to death. Look around, see how everything's doing, who's in the area? Seems like there's a huge influx of new mages these days. Ask the tree what's up.
3 more healing essences.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:57:18 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: July 23, 2015, 04:02:37 pm »

"Sorry to interrupt the killing, fellows, but can you answer me what has happened to this place? It intrigues me greatly, as I'm a temperature mage."

Kahel said so while being ignorant of the horrifying wounds both mages suffered. In fact, he considered such injures quite mild, as he moved around casually with several broken ribs and felt perfectly fine. Others must have at least as much pain tolerance, right?

Noticing that one of the disfigured figures adressed him, Kahel raised his brow in disbelief:

"Marcus? Is it you or am I hearing something wrong? Anyway, why should I help you? You seemed more than capable in the past. And you fight against, if I remember correctly, a newcomer to those lands... Really, mages these times..."

((Seeing bee essences gave me a pointer in the direction of animalshifting magic. It could be quite an interesting prospect to turn into new species every second turn, until you find the one best suited for casting and move onwards to higher planes of magic.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:15:32 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 23, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »

"That's strange. I should search around."

Fly around and look for anything unusual. While doing so, two force essences.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 23, 2015, 05:12:12 pm »

"Sorry to interrupt the killing, fellows, but can you answer me what has happened to this place? It intrigues me greatly, as I'm a temperature mage."

Kahel said so while being ignorant of the horrifying wounds both mages suffered. In fact, he considered such injures quite mild, as he moved around casually with several broken ribs and felt perfectly fine. Others must have at least as much pain tolerance, right?

Noticing that one of the disfigured figures adressed him, Kahel raised his brow in disbelief:

"Marcus? Is it you or am I hearing something wrong? Anyway, why should I help you? You seemed more than capable in the past. And you fight against, if I remember correctly, a newcomer to those lands... Really, mages these times..."

((Seeing bee essences gave me a pointer in the direction of animalshifting magic. It could be quite an interesting prospect to turn into new species every second turn, until you find the one best suited for casting and move onwards to higher planes of magic.))
"Yes, it is me. This mage's friend stole something that was rightfully mine, and I... retrieved it. I then told this mage that I did not desire his death, and he attacked me. You can have the orb if you kill him."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:48:12 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 23, 2015, 05:33:51 pm »

"Surely, with your affinity and power you'd have an easy time dealing with him?"

Kahel gestured towards other mage to wait a bit while he and Marcus discussed an important topic of helping or not helping an already potent mage in killing a presumably weak opponent.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 23, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »

"Surely, with your affinity and power you'd have an easy time dealing with him?"

Kahel gestured towards other mage to wait a bit while he and Marcus discussed an important topic of helping or not helping an already potent mage in killing a presumably weak opponent.
"Why do you think our scalps are flayed? I can't do much without essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 23, 2015, 06:06:55 pm »

"He didn't steal anything, nobody had a claim to the dragon's loot besides those who got it first! And now I'm mad because he killed my friend! And he controls minds, everyone knows how dangerous those Jedi mind tricks are."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 23, 2015, 06:49:20 pm »

"He didn't steal anything, nobody had a claim to the dragon's loot besides those who got it first! And now I'm mad because he killed my friend! And he controls minds, everyone knows how dangerous those Jedi mind tricks are."
"Exactly! I could be a great ally if you help me!"

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 23, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »

"Hm... Fighting without essences is trivial. Use environment and your head, perhaps?"

Kahel paused for a moment to think about situation he got himself into. While helping one side in this argument was really tempting... It could lead to a set of dangerous consequences.

"Returning to the other problem... Neither of you have a solid argument to pesuade myself... But I think I have a solution for this. Place your bids - and I'll help the mage with the one I like the most. This way you'll end your lengthy duel in one moment and I'll gain something from it, too."

((Seriously, I simply wanted to know about the snow field...

If mages agree to this preposition, bid once. Bids can include anything related to the current situation (enemy's/yours shards/items/enchants/etc), or help in the future turns. Be reasonable. Bidding is optional and you can always try to cooperate and kill me, as well. Have fun.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 23, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

Approach the nearby mage(Remaining in the trees, unless it would seriously hamper communication). 2 Essences.
"'Ello there. I hope ya not gonna try and kill me. Ya don't seem very steady on ya feet. What's ya name?"
Hello,I'm Seva,I'm not trying to kill anyone right now.
Also,DO NOT eat the pink berries.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 24, 2015, 11:36:41 am »

"Hm... Fighting without essences is trivial. Use environment and your head, perhaps?"

Kahel paused for a moment to think about situation he got himself into. While helping one side in this argument was really tempting... It could lead to a set of dangerous consequences.

"Returning to the other problem... Neither of you have a solid argument to pesuade myself... But I think I have a solution for this. Place your bids - and I'll help the mage with the one I like the most. This way you'll end your lengthy duel in one moment and I'll gain something from it, too."

((Seriously, I simply wanted to know about the snow field...

If mages agree to this preposition, bid once. Bids can include anything related to the current situation (enemy's/yours shards/items/enchants/etc), or help in the future turns. Be reasonable. Bidding is optional and you can always try to cooperate and kill me, as well. Have fun.))
(([REDACTED]))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 24, 2015, 03:17:38 pm »

Hello,I'm Seva,I'm not trying to kill anyone right now.
Also,DO NOT eat the pink berries.

"Good ta know! People call me tha' Gambler myself. 'T's a little keepsake from my life before here. What're ya doin'?"
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 24, 2015, 04:48:01 pm »

"Interesting proposition. With the power of the Time Vortex at our command, anything is possible. And, depending on the situation here, I may attempt to show you all the true power of Time. Which may or may not result in anything at all. Chaotic essences are not known for their predictability, after all."
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 506