Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next focus (I will work on the Human Civ in the meantime):

Manuals
Dfhack r5 / Stonesense Overlay
More Graphic Item tiles (tools, toys, crafts, hardcoded tiles)
Bugfixes / Balancing
Warlock Update

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW  (Read 24511 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Short story: MDF 5.10 does not work for me on Wine or Windows 7 64-bit even on PRINTMODE:2D. It crashes with an unknown exception after selecting either of the world creation options or the arena. There is no errorlog.txt and nothing critical from DFHack's stderr or stdout (beyond the construct-creature bug, although it continued after that).

Long story: I downloaded 5.10 and attempted to run it on Wine. It did not work, which did not bother me too much. Then, I downloaded 5.10 on Windows (thrice, so corruption seems unlikely) and found that selecting either of the world creation options or the arena crashed the game with an unknown exception. After reading through this thread, I changed PRINTMODE to 2D and tried again twice and found that it still would crash under the same conditions. I am not sure, but I suspect that a hardware issue is possible given that this machine is a laptop.

Do you have any ideas on how to continue?

ADDITION: I apologize in advance for the somewhat-necro-ish post, and hope it is in the right place.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2014, 01:40:05 pm »

Noticed a crash when generating a pocket island.

Crashed two times in a row, never even got my pocket island generated.

Might be too vague considering the ui settings, but not sure if maybe the pocket island settings are messed up or not.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »

Noticed a crash when generating a pocket island.

Crashed two times in a row, never even got my pocket island generated.

Might be too vague considering the ui settings, but not sure if maybe the pocket island settings are messed up or not.

World-gen crashing seems like a gamble no matter what your settings. Just keep tuning things and retrying. You may have to accept a younger world than you want.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2014, 11:38:11 am »

I'm hooked on multi-z view. Even if it does still confuse me a little!  8)

Generic question on named weapons... When playing at half speed (using the new time control) I tend to forget it means my military trains longer with the same weapons. So I had my two swordsmen both name their swords before I made them trade or something. Usually it's not a problem because I upgrade them via trade caravan or make better ones, but having them train twice as long between checkpoints caught me napping. (Making them swap shields around more now!)

What am I dealing with on making them stop using their prize (one copper, one ironbone short swords?) Unhappiness? Sit in the corner and sulk? Would building them into a display case in their room work?

They're both legendary swordsmen and fighters already and I'd hate to have them up and leave me because I made them use better weapons.  :-X

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2014, 11:56:13 am »

They won't complain, but if set to use a weapon of thier choosing, they will more likely stick with the one's they've named or grown attached to.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »

Ah, cool, thanks. I usually specify weapons for this class of fighter.

I do like the idea of building them into displays in their rooms though:

Hok Uddabk looks fondly at his trusty ironbone shortsword, Ithromithron, from the old days, when Owbaxidel (Profitpoint) was first settled, laying in a bed of rare silk cloth in a marble display case. A new steel longsword rests on his hip, but still feels a bit out of place. He does appreciate the extra reach. It's nice for taking off heads efficiently.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:09 pm »

I honestly did that in Riverrun and put my dwarf's -steel short sword- in a display case in his room (when I probably should have given it to someone else :P)

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »

Oops nevermind!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]