Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next focus (I will work on the Human Civ in the meantime):

Manuals
Dfhack r5 / Stonesense Overlay
More Graphic Item tiles (tools, toys, crafts, hardcoded tiles)
Bugfixes / Balancing
Warlock Update

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW  (Read 24493 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: UPDATE - V.5.09 - Best update + STOCKPILES!
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

Updated to 5.10. With bugfixes all around, Gnome and Succubus update, and another fancy new graphics invention by mifki.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.10 - Best update + STOCKPILES + MULTI-ZLEVEL VIEW
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2014, 03:02:30 am »

hmm after a while i get some different menus with the normal hotkeys...

i.e.
if i press P for stockpiles and then P again for weapons it switches to the normal Q "set building tasks" menu...
or when i press M it goes to some "weird" dwarf preferences screen instead of the military screen and has the m i pressed at the bottom in the search.
so i guess something is open in the background or so with different hotkeys? some dfhack stuff or so?

not really sure when it starts and stops to happen though, but have the game in fullscreen and alt tab often to firefox and then back to the game.
(didnt happen with 5.09 so maybe something changed somewhere)

if i save and close the game and then restart it doesnt happen... but after a while i notice it again.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2014, 03:04:42 am »

Alt-tabbing out of DF confuses it.  Specifically, it thinks Alt is still pressed.  I think it stops if you press Alt again after Alt-tabbing back to DF.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2014, 03:12:45 am »

Did I do this right?

https://github.com/Meph248/MDF-Dev-Version/tree/master

Yes.  :P

I'll fork your repository and update the gitignore to prevent git from saving gamelogs and saves. Then I'll send you a pull request (btw I'm devduweb on github).

Edit : Done, this will be a millions times easier to work on MDF now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:16:53 am by Boltgun »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2014, 03:14:38 am »

Alt-tabbing out of DF confuses it.  Specifically, it thinks Alt is still pressed.  I think it stops if you press Alt again after Alt-tabbing back to DF.
ahh it thinks alt is still pressed... that explains it :D
pressing alt again fixes it yeah. thanks.
(still weird that it was the first time it happened hehe)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2014, 06:51:18 am »

Since at least 5.09, races that are supposed to have limited immigrants keep getting immigrants until they hit the population cap.

I've tested on both succubi and gnomes.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2014, 08:51:28 am »

I'm having some trouble with the fonts in V.5.10 when Item Graphics are on. Namely: switching from from "Default" to "Masterwork" doesn't change anything. Here's a screenshot of what I'm stuck with:

That's not a font I'm willing to play with. It's unnecessarily hard to read and messy. Also, on the right half of the screen it's brighter than on the left one for some inexplicable reason. Zooming in or out does nothing to fix any of those issues.

So, for the time being I have to disable Item Graphics to play without tiring my eyes too quickly for it to be fun.

Is the font being stuck a fixable bug?
If not, would you be willing to replace it with a user-friendlier one?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2014, 09:02:08 am »

That's a known bug, pretty much only happens there, because it's hard to tell what part of worldgen it's in, but the rest of the time it works great.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2014, 09:12:06 am »

Since at least 5.09, races that are supposed to have limited immigrants keep getting immigrants until they hit the population cap.

I've tested on both succubi and gnomes.
They are not supposed to have limited migrants. Only Warlocks have that. Its the active season that triggers that. I talked with IndigoFenix about it, and he liked the idea of making gnomes active, regardless of script use.

I wasnt aware that Succubi shouldnt get any migrants (?)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2014, 10:33:42 am »

Thanks for putting the stuff on github! Now I can find stuff much more easily.
I just updated from 5.07 to 5.10. I love the multi-level-tiles. But: The font ist quite hard to read now, and makes me a bit dizzy. Is there a way to get the old font back?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:39:48 am by mglarev »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2014, 10:36:54 am »

The old true type fond? Yes, sure, but you have to disable item graphics, rendermax, multi-zlevel viewing and printmode must be back to 2D.

Otherwise you can copy another tileset, call it font.png and put it into data/art. if you take obsidian for example, it has a clear font.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2014, 10:40:27 am »

Thanks. I like the new font, but I can not read it without a headache.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:23:54 pm by mglarev »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2014, 10:42:15 am »

In theory any font from any tileset can be used, people just have to replace the font.png. Fricy just posted 3 nice sets, so I could include them and ask Splinterz to add a font.png option to the GUI.

Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg5420949#msg5420949

Just download one, rename to font.png and move to data/art. And let me know how it goes. :)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

The multi-z level thing is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11