Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Project Full of Hormones (Updates Infrequently :P)  (Read 3972 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Project Full of Hormones (Weekly Updates)
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 02:40:46 am »

I'd also help expound on the matter Whitius, if its ok with The Fool. It's more thought-oriented than anything as a note. c:

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 03:09:20 am »

This is a cool project.  When do you expect the process to be complete?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 09:02:12 am »

Ok, so I have some advice on the animation thing. Almost all of these I've seen massively underestimate the consistency and frame-rate needed for smoothness. At 24 frames per second, and 1 photo a day, the whole thing will be only 15 seconds long! If you want it to be a minute long that'd be a FPS of *6* which is rather awfully choppy.

Second, the consistency. Here are some things you can do to make the quality much better:
 * Shot it against some standard background available everywhere, such as "white wall"
 * Use artificial lighting only - natural lightning such as from a window is to hard to control! Preferably, something standard that's easy to control, either if you have some of those photographer umbrella things, or just a rule like "a single light bulb at 45 degrees to the left at the same height as the eyes".
 * Even if you want it to be "not Photoshoped" unless you have professional photographer level of equipment, you'll need to adjust the color balance and offset for consistency.
 * Wear similar clothes for each shot. Since you're going for every day, maybe "none" except for addition of bra (or not ;) ) partway through would be the most convenient since you can just wear whatever and take it of for 30 seconds to shot rather than changing each time.
 * Alignment! There are 3 ways to do this:
    - Shot it with a webcam, and have the previous from as a transparent overlay to line up in real time. if you can find software to do this, it's probably the best by far.
    - Stretch and scale and move things in photoshop or equivalent to line it up. Kinda cheating acording to many, but far better than leaving it unaligned.
    - Have a specific studio room you never touch or change a millimeter, AND measure the distance to camera and angle and possession and such of your face to almost an OCD degree.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

Just a warning, the background will not be static when I make the gif. I will however just wear tanktops for the pictures. It's less intrusive on the photo than other clothing.

Spoiler: Day 4 vs. Day 10 (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 07:46:04 pm »

Nice as photos, and for information and stuff, but not nearly consistent enough in light/angles to make a smooth gif. Also, have you considered a more zoomed out angle than just the face? There's particular... features that'll be entirely missed out on with this composition.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 08:12:28 pm »

Nice as photos, and for information and stuff, but not nearly consistent enough in light/angles to make a smooth gif. Also, have you considered a more zoomed out angle than just the face? There's particular... features that'll be entirely missed out on with this composition.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. C'mon now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »

You look more tanned. And I think your chin is smoother, though that could just be due to a better camera/better/lighting/however you got the better quality in the second photo.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 01:06:31 am »

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. C'mon now.

It's not about perversion- it's a full body change, and could be illustrated in such a way with more zoomed out pictures. Fool should go with whatever makes her comfortable, though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »

The pictures are cropped, but I'm not showing off my breasts. :P

In all seriousness though, I was more interested in seeing facial changes and MtF's usually don't get massive boobs... and I'm not about to flag this as a NSFW thread and show off myself in a bra to show changes. Toady would not approve of such things on his forum.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 12:24:00 pm »

Before you get too far along, you should seriously consider a wider view, an imposed body position, and wearable metrics.

Put marks on a wall and the floor, put your feet, hands, and head against the marks, and take a full body daily photo.  The same clothes every day would be good.

I don't understand your motivation at all, but if you're going to document it, document it well, and that doesn't mean NSFW.

Form fitting exercise tops and bottoms, with stripes, or checkerboards if you can find them.  buy a couple pairs that are identical, if you can, and only use them for photo taking.

You can make this useful for the medical community, and useful for others who might wish to follow you, by documenting it well.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

Well this is awkward. I didn't mean it like that. (and even if I did, I'm smart enough to Google "boobs") Basically what Cheeetar and Farmerbob said. Also seconding Farmerbobs suggestions.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 01:27:45 am »

Before you get too far along, you should seriously consider a wider view, an imposed body position, and wearable metrics.

Put marks on a wall and the floor, put your feet, hands, and head against the marks, and take a full body daily photo.  The same clothes every day would be good.

I don't understand your motivation at all, but if you're going to document it, document it well, and that doesn't mean NSFW.

Form fitting exercise tops and bottoms, with stripes, or checkerboards if you can find them.  buy a couple pairs that are identical, if you can, and only use them for photo taking.

You can make this useful for the medical community, and useful for others who might wish to follow you, by documenting it well.

Honestly, I'm just doing this for my own sake as a small scale project. I'll admit I need a better pose for the pictures, but I have little interest in extending the shot to full body for the rest of the gif.

Might do weekly full body shots, but not daily. I'll see if I can find a nice standard background and get back to this idea soon.

Also, I'm sorry for making that awkward. Wasn't sure what you meant by 'other features left out'. I see what you mean now. XD
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:30:07 am by The Fool »

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

Honestly, I'm just doing this for my own sake as a small scale project. I'll admit I need a better pose for the pictures, but I have little interest in extending the shot to full body for the rest of the gif.

Might do weekly full body shots, but not daily. I'll see if I can find a nice standard background and get back to this idea soon.

Also, I'm sorry for making that awkward. Wasn't sure what you meant by 'other features left out'. I see what you mean now. XD

Ah, OK.  If documenting it is just for you, then ignore me.  I thought you were documenting it with the intent of helping others understand how it works and what to expect, in which case, it would fall into the category of !!science!!
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

. . .That's exactly what she's saying! xD
Hence the 'if you've any questions about...' note appended at the end of her posts :P

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 07:37:08 pm »

. . .That's exactly what she's saying! xD
Hence the 'if you've any questions about...' note appended at the end of her posts :P

I meant questions like why, or differences in how I feel, etc. I've no intention to study hormones in depth, and it would be wrong of me to answer such scientific questions without the right knowledge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3