Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15212 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2014, 05:39:16 pm »

Marcus and his people are trying to bring that back, and I decided to lend a hand in recruitment. Simple as that."
"Ooh, vampire politics. This is totes exciting. Also, so I've got like, kindred siblings! This all gets better."

It gets annoying sometimes but it's usually kinda helpful."
"Hmm, I'll keep that in mind about the voices, so like thanks."

"Anyway, you look pretty thirsty, girl. Want a drink? I've got some pretty tasty stuff flowin' through me, or so I've been told."
"Yeah right am I just going to chow down on you in the middle of everything here..."

[Resolve + Composure 1+1 = 1d10=5, 1d10=1 Failure!]

"...ah screw it! I am hungry, and gawd you look tasty right now."

Lenora feels an instinct for what to do take over her, as she moves to bite Red's neck and feed...

((If that all goes smoothly, then she'll wipe her mouth and continue on down to the basement with the others.))

Mostly done sheet.
((You've can only afford up to 3 dots in obfuscate, as you get 3 discipline dots at the start. Also, you should only have 4 dots in your tertiary skill area (mental in your case)))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »

((Oh, thanks. Fixed.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »

"Huh. I could say how that could be useful. So does that work on like, anyone? Even other vampires?"
"Well, more powerful Kindred won't fall for it, and right now, pretty much everybody here is more powerful than you. Sorry, girl, but you just turned, so you've got a lot to go through before you're big and bad to the rest of us. I'll let you in on a little secret though: it sort of works better within a bloodline, so your powers would be more effective on me, and mine would be more effective on you. Same goes for my sire, but he's dead. But anyone else I sire counts too, and anyone you sire counts for me as well. Kind of complicated... Think of it like being easier to convince your family or something."

bite Red's neck and feed
Red smiles as your fangs pierce his neck and the sweet liquid inside his veins pours into your mouth. It's so very much better than that blood pack, and you lose yourself in the act so much that Red has to push you off him to stop you.
"Woah, that's enough. I don't want you draining me dry, now."
(You get 4 Vitae points from that.)

Go with the flow, see the Prince. Don't mouth off in any way whatsoever. Observe carefully. After the audience is done, maybe, I dunno, hang out with Nat and ask questions about this whole business if there's not any other more pressing matters to attend to? Go with the flow, at any rate.
Head off to the basement to see what's up.
Stick close to the sire and follow his instructions.
The basement is a little deeper than you expected, although you're not entirely sure what you were expecting down here. A small girl, looking no older than 12, sits on a throne at the end of the room. The power emanating from her is overwhelming, and you can tell that she must be very old, despite how she may look. She wears a fine Victorian dress, well kept and tailored, and her hair is done up in a tight bun. All in all she looks very professional for a 12 year old. Two smaller thrones sit on either side of her, one in which sits the young boy you saw earlier, and in the other, a man looking to be in his mid-80s, he wears the same robes as the boy, but wears his hood up, obscuring his eyes.
Marcus and Bradley both go first to the center of the room, give a respectful bow, and move off to stand by a wall. As you enter with the rest of the Kindred that were turned with you, the little girl stands, and she looks down on you like a jaded princess regarding her citizens.
The boy stands and speaks firmly, "Please show your respect for the Prince."
The gorilla follows you down

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2014, 01:57:07 pm »

Allison gave a slightly awkward bow to the Prince(ss). She'd never done one before, but it was passable. Afterwards, she looks at Bradley as if to say 'what now?', her eyes glancing back and forth.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 06:44:20 pm »

Lenora follows up behind and when presented to the Prince, she does what she imagines to be a polite curtsey before shuffling over to stand with the others and listen to what the Prince has to say.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »

Alicia does a salute and says "Tu nombre se habla en el miedo." in a respectful tone. She said the phrase a lot, and the people she had said it to were of a similar type to the little girl on the throne. Then again, none of them spoke Spanish, but Alicia didn't think the little girl would either.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2014, 12:48:46 pm »

Alexandria figures that vamp-Kindred Princes are a lot like other people in high office. Give them the respect they ask for, do as they say, and everything goes much smoother.
She bows a bow that is edging on deep, but pulls back before it reaches that point.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2014, 10:43:02 pm »

The Prince smirks at each one of you as you pay your respect and then makes a quick gesture with her hand, prompting several Kindred to pull up chairs for you each to sit in. Once you are all seated, she begins to speak.
"So many new faces... someone's been busy." She glances over at Marcus, who keeps a stern look on his face. "You all are under my domain, now. You will do as I say, and you will follow my mandates to the letter. No exceptions. If you fail to meet these modest expectations, you will be executed, exiled, or thrown to the wolves, whichever I deem necessary. All I ask is that you keep out of other Kindred's hunting grounds, do not break the Masquerade, and above all else, do NOT question my authority."
One of the other new Kindred behind you chuckles, "It's kind of funny hearing such big talk from a little gi-"
Before he can finish his sentence, Penelope is across the room and has his tongue in her grip, he grunts and tries to say something, probably about letting go of his tongue, but her grip only seems to tighten.
"Here, we have a perfect example. Hold your tongue..." She yanks him down onto his knees, "Or we can hold onto it for you." She plants a foot on his shoulder and rips his tongue from his mouth with one good tug, sending him onto the floor, screaming and writhing in pain. It looks incredibly painful, as the ragged chucks of flesh still attached to his tongue seem to suggest that she also took part of his mouth with it, however, not much blood comes from the tongue, or the kindred's mouth.
"That should be all for tonight. Stay and socialize if you wish, but do not bother me further... Wilson, dear!" She calls to the bouncer, who grunts in reply and uncrosses his arms. "Take care of the ungrateful over here. Make sure he gets this slimy rotten thing put back where it belongs." She throws the tongue back to its owner, who fumbles to catch it while still in the floor, whimpering. Wilson grabs him by the shoulder and drags him into another room, and something tells you that you don't want to go the same way.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:44:11 pm by AlleeCat »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2014, 03:29:45 am »

Lenora turns to the other neonates (new kindred).

"Hi," she says to Alexandria, "my name is, like, Lenora. How'd you like being dead?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:14 am »

"It's like living in a bad town; don't go out at night, or day, in this case, stay out of other's territory, respect the big man, and it's still impossible to find good food."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2014, 10:29:30 am »

Alicia's eyes widen at the sight of the bloodshed. No, this wasn't like being in a cartel. If you isolated the cartel bosses, disarmed them and took them by surprise, they'd go down as well as any other man. But that little girl tore out a guy's fucking tongue like it was nothing. Alicia couldnt even understand what she said, spoken so quickly, so even the reason was lost to her. What kind of man could do that?{But these aren't men,} thought Alicia. {They're monsters.}

{But does that make me a monster?}

Alicia rubbed her head and sighed. It was times like this that the drink started calling. No, the drink always called. Times like this, the booze sang. Now, the booze was another five letter word  starting with B.

"Need a drink." said Alicia, who then looked at the others. "You too?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2014, 09:55:17 am »

"Well... uh... that's certainly violent. I guess I'll go and... socialize?"

Where the blood at? And where's Nat, for that matter?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:46 am »

((Did I ever met my Sire?))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2014, 04:11:01 pm »

Allison was rather put back at that. She quietly went to stand by her sire, hoping to learn what'll happen next.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »

((I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I haven't updated Island Nations in forever, as well. Writer's block suuuuucks. And no, Alexandria has not met her sire yet. He's off being sneaky and mysterious, as Mekhet are one to do.))

Spoiler: Lenora (click to show/hide)

After the display, Bradley comes up to you all and apologizes, "I'm sorry you had to see that. I warned him not to piss her off. Nosferatu tend to have this natural ability to rub people the wrong way, though. I'm not surprised that he was the one to do it. Anyway, whenever you're ready to head out, find your sire. They'll teach you how to hunt, and you can grab a bite to eat. If you're really desperate, go talk to Nathan, the blond kid in the black robes, he'll hook you up with a snack."

And where's Nat, for that matter?
Nat is off in a corner, staring at the whole scene with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. As you approach her, she loosens up a little. "Guess you learned a lesson the hard way. Never fuck with Prince Penelope McCormick. That girl is the most bad ass Kindred I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of places, seen a lot of other Princes."

Allison was rather put back at that. She quietly went to stand by her sire, hoping to learn what'll happen next.
Bradley has wandered off to speak to Marcus, but as you approach him, he turns and greets you with a smile. "Hey, I was just talking to Marcus about getting out of here. You look like you could use a drink. I know this great place we could go for your first hunt. You'll love it."

Alexandria
Marcus approaches you after speaking with Bradley, noting that you have not met your sire yet. "Joey is a sneaky one, but he's a good man. I'm sure he'll turn up. In the meantime, why don't we go out to my truck and get the things I confiscated from you? Maybe we'll run into him on the way."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10