Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15217 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 09:58:21 am »

"Oh that's such a great idea. I know! I'll say I'm taking a gap year and am staying with you until then. That'll give me ages to work out another lie."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 10:25:02 am »

"Wouldn't stick around in this city. Try to disappearing in same city as friends and family... not smart. Who took my bullets?"
Walk with the group, keep an eye out for exits and potential enemies.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »

"Well... shit, here goes."

Drink the blood pack. Drain the whole thing ((meta question - how much Vitae is that?)). How do I feel after doing that? After I'm done, keep the empty pack for myself, don't drop it anywhere.
((Since it's your first drink, I'm giving you two points. Blood packs technically don't give a lot of Vitae, but I'm making an exception for the purposes of the story. If you drink another pack before feeding on human for the first time, you'll get one point. If you've fed on a human before you drink another pack, you'll have to drink several before you get another point.))
Draining the blood pack makes you tingle all over, and you feel your flesh start to loosen and flush with color, almost as if your tissue was bringing itself back to life. The high hits you about a minute after. You suddenly feel more alert and awake, and you almost feel like someone is jabbing at the pleasure centers of your brain with an electric probe. It's probably one of the best feelings you've ever had in your life. At least in the top 5.

Do I know or remember seeing Nat?
Maybe. The name seems familiar, but you don't ever recall meeting her. It's almost like you've met in spirit, but never face to face.

"What's up with the... er, blood everywhere? Doesn't seem like the most reasonable choice of decor. This church belong to any of you?"
Marcus speaks up from the front, "The church has been abandoned for several years, but the blood is a new touch. Actually, it's yours." At this revelation, the other Kindred look a little worried, "You see, in order to Embrace you... Turn you into one of us... We had to drain all of the blood from your body, and replace some of it with our own Vitae. We drank most of it, stored some, and some ended up on the floor. It wasn't exactly the cleanest procedure, but you'll note we cleaned you up the best we could."

"Can you guys hear that? Camera-ella? Camilla? Camarilla..."
Marcus fumbles for a split second, seeming a little surprised at your knowledge of the name, "I see you've encountered The Voices... Yes, the Camarilla are the organization Bradley and I represent. I'll spare you the history lesson, but suffice it to say the Camarilla are not very well known anymore, in fact, they were all but extinct for centuries. I'm heading up a movement to bring them back into the spotlight. If you all want to join me, you're more than welcome to. Otherwise, you can try joining some other Covenant. I hear the Lancea Sanctum is always looking for new recruits..."

"So like, Bradley, she begins, there's just so much that's new and I don't want to get my head ripped off by the Princess, sorry, Prince, so um, is there anything I really really need to know? You guys say we shouldn't tell anyone about it, but aren't like the college and my Mom going to you know, notice I'm not turning up to stuff during the day? I guess I should cut them out it's a cult I know but like eventually someone's going to find me who knows me, right?"
Bradley smirks. "Well the first step to not getting your head ripped off by the Prince is to never call her a Princess. She's really stuck in the old ways, and we've always called the Prince 'The Prince' regardless of gender. Some cities have different names for the Prince; I know Pheonix is run pretty much exclusively by Lancea Sanctum, and they call their Prince 'The Cardinal.' Otherwise, just be polite, don't eat all the food, and don't talk back. Oh, and don't cause any ruckus. The Prince's court is Elysium, so if you start any violence, you'll be banished from the city without a trial. Other than that, just hang out and socialize. The court is actually a great way to meet other Kindred besides parties and stuff. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Oh, and about your old life... Lying is kind of something you have to get used to if you still want to keep in touch with everybody. Tell your family you've been taking night classes, tell the school you're taking a year off, tell your roommate you found a guy and you're moving in with him or something. Seattle's a big place. It's easy to blend in and get away from people you know. Hell, my ex was looking for me for 30 years, and I never saw her once. Turns out we were even living in the same building for over a decade."

"Who took my bullets?"
Bradley chimes in, "Oh, I did. They're in my truck. I'll give them back to you as soon as you leave the court. Hey, you look a little wobbly, you sure you don't want to eat? Oh, we're here anyway, I'm sure they'll have someone you can feed on if you're not keen on the preserved stuff."
Marcus turns up a walkway to a rather expensive-looking suburban home and knocks on the door twice and then twice again after a short pause, either a secret knock, or an eccentricity of his, you can't tell. A hulking man in a black suit and sunglasses answers the door, looking more gorilla than man. He doesn't say a word, but Marcus spreads his arms and the gorilla-bouncer pats him down thoroughly before stepping aside and letting him pass, and then does the same routine with the next Kindred in line.

--Alicia--
You feel even worse than you did when you awoke, your stomach churns, your head spins, and your legs turn to jelly before you messily and bloodily vomit the former contents of your flask onto the pavement. Looks like the alcohol didn't agree with you after all.
Bradley runs up to you and helps you onto your feet, and you can't do much to resist as he practically force-feeds you the blood pack you were supposed to drink. It feels better than an alcohol buzz, it's a better high than even cocaine, and as you gulp it down you feel your strength returning to an even higher state than you're used to. Even after feeling so horrible earlier, you feel better than you've felt in years.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »

(( So if I started with 9/10, and got another 2 vitae from blood, do I go up to 11 or cap at ten? ))

Once she'd stepped through, Allison looked around. In truth, the outside of the house hadn't looked all that different from her parents'.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 02:11:17 pm »

You start with 9? I would think it'd make more sense to start with 1 or 2, seeing as how you only get a little Vitae from your sire. My guess is that character creation assumes you've been a vampire for a while by the time you start the game.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »

"I hope you have, like, people who can clean that church up."

Before I'm patted down, check if somebody stole my wallet - I had at least 20 dollars in there. Better still be there if the wallet's in my pocket. Move backward in the line if needed.

Also, get a look at the gorilla over there. Does he look peculiar in features (beyond what you'd expect from a giant), or is he just larger than average?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 02:18:55 pm »

You start with 9? I would think it'd make more sense to start with 1 or 2, seeing as how you only get a little Vitae from your sire. My guess is that character creation assumes you've been a vampire for a while by the time you start the game.
Yeah, what I read said roll a d10 for it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Alicia had been doing a good job of holding it together. Or at least, keeping up her denial of what was happening. Ever since she had joined the cult, she had been carefully separating most things she had learned in the cult into a nice little folder she had called "basura absoluta", same as she had been doing with essentially any other weird group she had been with. She nodded vaguely as they told her about the 616 names of Satan, mouthed along with the demonic chants, and pretended to understand the preachings when half the time they were beyond her reach in terms of language. Not that she would have really cared if she did understand them.

The part of her brain that was telling her to keep filing this vampire stuff into the folder finally died (Well, it should have died when she died, but what can you do?) when she started throwing up blood. She thought she had been poisoned with something (Ironic, since the main reason she didn't participate in the blood was because it might have been this cult's Kool Aid), maybe something in her flask? Maybe her liver decided to throw it in. But when Bradley practically drowned her in the blood, it was...

Well, it was better then any drug she took before it. Even better then the whiskey, which is something Alicia didn't often consider. It didn't have that dulling effect of the whiskey, though, it made everything sharp and colorful... Which wasn't exactly to Alicia's favor, since she was now aware of most rotten corpses smelt better then her. She looked and Bradley, and decided to keep it simple.

"... Thanks..."
Go along in the line, after thanking Bradley. If the bouncer tries searching me, gruffly go along with it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »

Alice sets herself in the queue.

Before they enter she turns her head round to the others, "Like, we can't all introduce ourselves as Alice, well we could but like, Drinkwater isn't very vampiric surname anyway, and you know Drinkblood is a bit too obvious. So I'm totally called... uh, Night Raven... no wait that's dumb... uh Lucretia? No, wait, Lenora. Call me Lenora. Lenora Night Raven... no actually just Lenora. It's Lenora, just Lenora now, got it?"

"Watch where you're putting those hands, mister," she says to the bouncer.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »

Allison sighed at her friend.
"Alice, if you start wearing a cape, I will never forgive you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »

"Lenora sounds like a detergent. Besides, I get the feeling we don't wanna be memorable right now, strictly speaking."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »

"Gawd Allison, we're vampires now, not fashion victims."

Alice reflects for a moment.

"But like, if I found a totally cute cape that wasn't super lame, then maybe..." she muses, "well my birthday is coming up. OMS, do we like, still have birthdays if we're dead? Or should we get death days?"

"Lenora sounds like a detergent. Besides, I get the feeling we don't wanna be memorable right now, strictly speaking."
"Like, whatever. It happens to be a deeply meaningful name thankyouverymuch. You may want to be forgettable but I'm always going to make a stir. I mean, my parents can still call me Alice when they call up or whatever, but I like the idea of having a secret name to use among fellow vamp— I mean kindred. But would Lenore sound better? Be straight with me."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

"Honestly, it sounds like sitcom housewife."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

"You want to be remembered, pick something like Bob. Or Tim. And say your name is Bob like it's the most natural thing in the world. That'll make them remember."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »

Yeah, I would say start with 1 and add the 2 from your blood pack, so you've got 3.

Allison looked around.
It mostly looks like a high end suburban home on the inside, with a lot of Gothic decoration. The rooms are full of people, Kindred and otherwise, just hanging out and talking. Soft classical music plays from a stereo in the corner, and nearby, another Kindred is busy feeding on a human, who seems to be enjoying herself.

Before I'm patted down, check if somebody stole my wallet.
Your wallet is still in your possession, $20 and all.

Also, get a look at the gorilla over there. Does he look peculiar in features (beyond what you'd expect from a giant), or is he just larger than average?
He is extremely muscular, to bodybuilder-like proportions, and although the doorway is large, he barely fits through it. The suit he's wearing seems to fit him rather nicely, however. It was probably tailor-made especially for him, seeing as his proportions differ wildly from the average man. You wonder if maybe he and Marcus go to the same tailor.
His pale skin and sharp teeth are enough to give away that he's Kindred, as well as the fact that you can sort of... smell it on him. No, that's not quite right. You can sense it. You can feel the presence of every Kindred in the building, and several very old and powerful presences reside in the basement, as well.

"... Thanks..."
Go along in the line, after thanking Bradley. If the bouncer tries searching me, gruffly go along with it.
Bradley lets out an exasperated chuckle, "Uh... Heh... Don't mention it."
The bouncer stops you at the door, lifts your arms out and starts to pat you down. He stops when he feels your guns and pulls them out, speaking to you in a deep, gravelly voice, "I know they're unloaded, but policy is policy. No guns allowed on the premises. Come see me when you're ready to leave, and I'll give them back to you." Before you have a chance to say anything, he opens one of many drawers in the armoire next to him and sets them inside. You also catch a quick glimpse of the other contents and notice that you're not the only one leaving weapons with this guy.
As soon as you get inside, a familiar voice greets you. You turn to look, but it's nobody you remember seeing before. He wears a long sleeved flannel button-down, unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a t-shirt underneath. His scruffy hair is mostly held at bay with a dark blue beanie, and his facial hair is cropped into a short goatee, although it looks as if he hasn't shaved in a couple days. You're sure you've never met this man, and yet, his face feels so familiar, you feel as if you've known it all your life. He notices that he's gotten your attention and smiles warmly, greeting you with a soft voice.
"Alicia, I'm Charles, your sire. There are some things we should talk about."

"Watch where you're putting those hands, mister," she says to the bouncer.
The bouncer rolls his eyes behind his sunglasses, but lets you through without much fuss. As you get inside, your nostrils are filled with the scent of fresh blood, and your hunger feels even worse than when you awoke. As you notice yourself staring at one of the humans in the crowd, Marcus pulls you aside, "Hey, it's impolite to feed off of another Kindred's Ghoul without permission. Remember, you're my guest, so I'm responsible for your behavior. Don't cause any trouble, at least until you see the Prince."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10