Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: CEF: The Labyrinth of Sa-Rosal: IC Thread  (Read 9995 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: CEF: The Labyrinth of Sa-Rosal: IC Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2014, 01:04:55 pm »

"...So. Now we're trapped. That's irritating." Kain began looking around at the floor and walls (the ones that weren't made of fire, anyway), and eventually even the ceiling if nothing jumped out at him as a mechanism.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »

Even with the whole hallway brightly lit, the surfaces nearby were either cloaked in fire, or held no particular irregularities that would mark out a mechanism. With a moment, though, a gap appeared in the fire, and an entrant walked through.

The entrant, a figure cloaked in a black garment with a hood and mask, waved its arms, and the fire around it was pulled to surround the figure. "Who did you pilfer that book from?" The figure spoke with a deep voice.
: "No one" Clive shot back immediately, irritated, "This cipher was sent to me. I'm here on business for Professor F'saiya."

The figure still stood, arms at the ready to cast as it looked at each of the mercenaries, "Far too many unfamiliar heads for just 'business'. I doubt that claim."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2014, 01:13:41 pm »

Kain's hand slowly drifted toward the hilt of his sword, as he gave a questioning look to Clive.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2014, 01:14:38 pm »

Harlan attempted to find an unobtrusive spot to lurk and wait for any sort of opportunity.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »

Clive shot his arm up immediately in a halting gesture, glancing back at the mercenaries for only a split second before turning back to the figure.
: "Did she not inform you? She needs the extra hands for the task." Clive strained with his words, evidently trying not to reveal too much.

"And why would she send you a month old cipher?" The figure shot back.
: "Your guess is as good as mine. Care to take it up with the Professor herself?" Clive massaged his temples with one hand, the other placed near the dagger under his cloak.

The figure looked steadily at Clive, and then sighed heavily. As its arms laid down, the fire dissipated from its hands and the torches reverted back to normal, "...You all are coming with me. We clear this with the Professor."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:27:15 pm by CrimsonEon »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »

Votel mount up and follow the group
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »

The cloaked figure led the mercenaries along, through the tunnel and towards the light shining by the end. As they approached, the torches along the walls petered out one by one, until they reached the end, and the tunnel was dark once more. In its place, the view opened up to burning sunlight, leaving the party's eyes to adjust...

In its place, the view was replaced with a massive panorama of rock and dust. The party now stood on a large balcony emerging from a rock wall, looking out into a massive crater. The formation appears to be miles wide, shaped in parts from ordinary rock, and from a distance it would seem there are multiple carved portions that seem to be looking into the wall, as if they were windows. Other parts of the crater were cut from some sort of blue-glowing crystal. The light glowing from the crystal permeated throughout the whole scene, mixing with the sunlight from the star overhead. Looking above, three towers can be seen surrounding the crater's edge, crackling with energy.

The cloaked figure ushered the party down a set of stairs from the left side of the balcony, leading back into the rock face and into a larger, more accommodating hallway. Openings in the hallway's right side faced out into the crater, clearly visible, and the left side contained mixtures of statues and doorways. The pattern continued for a while, until they were led aside into another hallway, then another, and yet another, a twisting maze in and of itself.

~~~~~~~

The walk through the ruins finally ended when the group was led into an antechamber. Windows from the side of the room let plenty of light flood in. More noticeably, massive plants bloomed on the chamber's sides, vines reaching up to the ceiling, trying to reach their way to the sunlight.

"Wait here." With a whip of the cloak, the figure moved to the opposite end of the antechamber, through an ornate set of doors covered in vines.

Clive only breathed a heavy sigh when the door closed, and took a glance at the others.
: "The professors of At-Ilm are... enigmatic, to say the least. Should she ask to meet all of us, I ask for your discretion."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »

:I thought ruins weren't supposed to be... inhabitable. This is still a nice place for me to be though.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:04:24 pm by Solymr »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2014, 03:52:04 pm »

: "Don't worry, I'm pretty good at discretion."

Harlan sat down on a convenient rock to catch his breath.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2014, 06:31:22 pm »

Votel sat silently on his horse

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2014, 07:11:35 pm »

Atrisse simply nodded, struggling to maintain, for now, an expression of composure.

Inwardly, she was huddled in a corner, shaking. She didn't like fire...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:17 pm »

Kain maintained his silence, leaning against one of the vine covered walls.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

Clive glared to the rest of the party, offering a slight nod to Harlan's response.

A moment's pass later, the vine covered door swung open again, admitting a tall redhaired woman in opulent dress through. The woman looked to each of the party in turn, in some sort of headcount.
: "Well! You've certainly brought more force than I expected." The woman laughed offhandedly before turning to Clive, "Child, you've come a long way since Vasil. How has Nikohn been?"

Clive winced, but retained in an even tone.
: "Sir Nikohn has been doing fine, Professor. If I can be prudent, I'd prefer to discuss the task at hand."

: "Of course, of course." The professor sighed, turning to the rest of the mercenaries, "But first, it'd be rude to leave your help out of the introductions. No?"

: "They're-" Clive began, but the Professor cut him off.

: "I was not speaking to you. Come now, what has Clive here hid from you this time?" The Professor crossed her arms, tapping impatiently with one finger as she looked from Atrisse, to Harold, then to Kain.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2014, 11:30:42 am »

Votel dismounts and then says
"Votel, Votel Mistmark"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14