Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mephansteras' Summer Sale Contest  (Read 1904 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Mephansteras' Summer Sale Contest
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:12:42 pm »

I feel like being generous, so I'm going to donate $20 worth of games from the Steam Summer Sale to the fine folks of this forum.

Contest Rules:
  • You must be active on the forums: No Escaped Lunatics and no one with a registered date after June 10th
  • You must list what game you'd like. It has to be on sale
  • You must tell us why you should get the game from me instead of buying it yourself (It's ok to be broke, that's a perfectly valid reason)
  • You must nominate another person in the thread who should get the game they want, and why
  • You must be on steam (otherwise this won't work too well)

When the $20 is gone, it is gone. We'll see how much we get out of it. I'll try to buy things during flash sales and the like, but in the end I care more about people getting games they want.

If anyone else wants to donate $ or games, we can add them to the pool.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mephansteras' Summer Sale Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:19:20 pm »

Mount and blade warband, I am broke (not copying you), you should get a game you yourself because you are a nice guy and from what I have seen helpful too.

Edit:steam link to profile. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042805928

Edit2: because it has 1 and half hours left. State of decay would be my second choice.

Final Edit: thanks to a generous bay12 member I now have war band so please ignore the rest of my post.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:00:36 pm by choppy »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:40 pm »

I am thinking about... State of decay as well.

Account here.

EDIT:

As I forgot earlier, my reasoning, unless this giveaway ends after my birthday, I am unlikely to have the money to buy it and honestly, I've been wanting this for a whole after learning about it :3

Aaaand the guy above because hey, more the merrier.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:33:14 pm by Iceblaster »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:31 pm »

Account here.

You do have to follow the rules, though...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

Account here.

You do have to follow the rules, though...

Fack.

Editing that in now. Was in a rush to get that up with RL and all.

Apologies~

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »

Hey!
I'm giving it a shot now that Frozen Synapse got voted as Community Choice. I'm broke aswell (asking friends for a bit money for food really sucks >.<) and I have this game wishlisted for such a long time now and never got to buy it (uhh, can't even think of why).

As for nomination of someone else: I'd suggest the fine guy who runs this great giveaway-yay thread // I just realized it's meant to be somebody out of this thread, eh? Oh well... so... I nominate you. It's your money and you should get something from it too.

Oh, I'm on Steam of course. Name's supersaiyakadse there.

Nevermind my post when the 80% off sale is over. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:47:15 pm by rumpel »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »

May I ask for Wizardry 8? My reason is, that although I have money I have been basically banned from using it to buy games on steam, this may change sooner or later and if it does I will hopefully donate some money to keep this running.
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086459201

EDIT: I nominate Bouchart for reminding me to read the rules!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 04:42:21 am by Gamedragon »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:29 pm »

Could I have Daikatana?  I want you to pay for it because there's no way I'm stupid enough to buy it with my own money.

I'll nominate rumpel because he was the closest to follow all the rules of the contest on the first post.

My Steam acct.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:19:01 pm by Bouchart »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 04:06:09 am »

Hmm... The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition appears to have just went on sale. Was going to request Shadowrun Returns, which was for less than the above, but that just went off the sale it was on. Requesting the first, please. Reasons similar to Gamedragon, while I have money, I'm unable to purchase anything online for the foreseeable future. Likewise, if my situation changes, I'll definitely be donating some dough for this.

I'll nominate Iceblaster, because the poor guy apparently goofed. Sudden realization that I sound like a jerk just hit me.

And, here I am in Steam!

Disregard this post* if the major price-drop for it goes away. Currently it's only $3.99.
*Minus the bit about donating if I get a chance. I'm doing that regardless of whether I get a game or not.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:14:46 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 04:14:31 am »

Requesting Legends of Grimrock. I'm pretty broke, as usual, but I've actually got a job doing pixel art for a mobile game. :D However, I'm probably not going to get paid anything for several days until I actually make something that can be used in game.

My nomination goes to Iceblaster. I've only recently-ish actually came back to the forums and he's one of the people I recognize most in this thread.

Steam linky.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »

Ok, bought a bunch of stuff for people. Ended up slightly over my Target, but that's ok.

Been crunched for time the past few days, but I'll get the results up and send out the games when I can.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:46 am »

All right, Steam invitations have been sent. Games will follow as people get on my friend's list.

I was able to get almost everyone!

State of Decay: Iceblaster
Legend of Grimrock: Jack_Bread
Wizardry 8: gamedragon
Daikatana: Bouchart
Frozen Synapse: rumpel

I also grabbed Mount and Blade Warband, but it seems choppy has that now, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it.

Unfortunately, Lyeos, I missed the sale on Witcher 2 and it exceeded my budget by too much to grab it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 11:31:07 am »

... Eh, why not. Haven't heard anything at all about it, might be worth a shot.

* Lyeos raises his hand.

Though if someone else would like it, give it to them instead.

Second edit:
Quote from: Mephansteras
Unfortunately, Lyeos, I missed the sale on Witcher 2 and it exceeded my budget by too much to grab it.
S'cool. My computer is busted to the point of being unusable now, so I can't play anything.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:40:02 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 11:37:52 am »

thank you so very much for the giveaway meph, and I hope some enjoys warband as much as I do.

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 12:22:03 pm »

Is this still going?
Pages: [1] 2