Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Contest: Win the upcoming Arms Dealer™, play a fun game now!  (Read 2890 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, as you may or may not know I am a long time member of this forum and am known for giving away games. Now I am also a soon to be ridiculously famous and handsome(already) developer, with the release of my game, Arms Dealer™. Arms Dealer™ can best be described as a cross between Drug Wars/Dope Wars and Europa Universalis. Ok, that's too grand. How about M.U.L.E. crossed with Civilization II hoped up on a handful of Vitamin B and PCP? No?  Ok it's a weapon smuggling sim where the player can meddle in international politics while outrunning multiple international law enforcement agencies in an effort to amass a fortune and be cooler than The Most Interesting Man in the World®.

Anyway, how to win stuff and make friends! Anyone who posts in this thread between now and the release of Arms Dealer(est August) and certifies that they own a legal copy of Pixel Piracy is entered to win one of 50 copies of Arms Dealer. You must have registered a B12 forum account on or before 6/19/2014. Winners can claim their copy of the game on Steam, GoG, Gamersgate or a personally compiled edition with their own name and serial on the start screen. * Pixel Piracy is currently on a huge 50% off sale on Steam for $7.49. Contest entries are closed on June 30th at 11:59PM EST(GMT-5).

Consideration: I ask that you don't redistribute my game illegally and abuse my pro-consumer, anti-DRM attitude. Download it on all of your computers. Let you friends play it for a couple of days if you want. I just ask that you do right by me and the industry. There are a lot of pud knockers out there who don't value other people's hard work because they haven't done anything themselves ever. Don't be a pud knocker. If you don't want to pay full price for a legit copy of my game, send me a few bucks through paypal if you like playing the pirated copy I asked you not to use. Other than that, have fun. Be inspired by my story. I was a career soldier who got fucked up and couldn't work a normal job anymore. I put myself through the MBA program and forced my way into the game industry. Then I financed my own game and paid a fair wage to everyone involved to make a game that 5-12% of gamers will dig. 60-75% of them will pay for the game and not contract genital warts. Another 5% will also pay for the game. In the end I will have made enough money to make a second, bigger game, with more cool buttons to press and make enough money to keep my wife from leaving me out of spite. Hopefully the next game will make enough money to keep her from leaving me for the rest of the valid reasons.

Over 6,000 7,000 people in 12 14 days have found and liked Arms Dealer. Facebook is lame but liking Arms Dealer on Facebook will make your Cool:Embarrassing ration much better. https://www.facebook.com/ArmsDealertheGame?ref=hl            Also, I don't have a real website for the game because I was going to make one but I was a little hungover that morning and then my friend came over to play Xbox but when he got here he started talking about his relationship and feelings and it became this whole big thing........anyway....I'll get to it. Most likely.

EDIT: Edited the number of likes to stay accurate. The important thing is I am accumulating 1,000 likes every 2 days with almost no advertising beyond word of mouth.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:06:40 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Contest: Win the upcoming Arms Dealer™, play a fun game now!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »

...what up with Pixel Piracy?  What a weird requirement...  game's expensive for being as buggy as it is.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:15 pm »

I would like a copy of your soon to be released game. You are already friends with me on steam. (Iamchoppy) and distributor wise I prefer GOG or steam.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:39:44 pm »

I'd love a copy of Arms Dealer please. Already own Pixel Piracy and is a friend of yours on Steam (profile page in sig).
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:47:27 pm »

Will it be available on Linux (and if not does it work on WINE)?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »

...what up with Pixel Piracy?  What a weird requirement...  game's expensive for being as buggy as it is.

Just supporting locals. I did the same with 3079/3089 and a couple others as well. So far only one local had a problem with their game and the community, so overall, we seem to be a reliable lot in the end. I am confident that PP will continue to be patched until almost everyone is happy. GirlinHat, you have been around long enough to know that I will also find any number of other excuses to give away copies as well. I do my best to treat everyone on this forum as a family member. True, most of you are more like the really weird cousins I only see at reunions, but it still counts. If Pixel Piracy is buggy, I try to see it for what it wants to be. I do the same for the forum members. Some are really rough around the edges, but I prefer to try to see them for who they want to be. Sometimes I get in a spat with them, and honestly it seems as if everyone is getting a little more openly aggressive lately, but in the end you are all my favorite people (on the internet(and everywhere)).

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:12 pm »

Keeping in mind that you are getting 2 games for the price of half one one of them.

Edit: hemmingjay you are very nice.  :) and I agree with helping other indie developers, who can use all of the help that they can get.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:21:51 pm by choppy »

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 06:30:53 pm »

You realise of course that we can't trust anything you say until we have evidence of exactly how ridiculously handsome you are.

MS Paint depictions of said handsomeness will be fine.

The above silliness aside, I'm not entering, I just wanted to wish you well with your endeavours, Hemmingjay, and hope that this game marks the start of a long and fulfilling path in this part of the field for you.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »

August? Ooh.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »

I own Pixel Piracy through Steam, and would like to enter for this chance.

My Steam account name is the same as my forum account, and I am in the DFC group.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »

Well i have Pixel Piracy but i must admit i got it from a forum giveaway so i don't know if i should beg on for even more free games on this forum.

Also PP really is buggy... i tried returning to it 3 days ago or so and my hardcore run ended prematurely when after capturing a ship... my crew along with the captain ended up overboard... so yeah its still glitchy and bugs appear even in places they didn't used to.
It is regularly updated tho so there is hope they will eventually be squashed.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »

Here a Screen of my games PP is in the bottom left
my steam Name is Stabbymcstabstab since imjur doesn't seem to want to work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:13:40 am by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:21 pm »

lol. I don't want hype to get out of hand here. It's just a trading game with some extra strategy and a lot of randomization in it along with a lot of cool guns. It has a nice style as well, but it's not some game that's bigger than Distant Worlds or better production than Hitman. It's an indie game made by a studio of three and some freelancers. If you like trading/business type games you will like it. If you like strategy games you will probably like it. If you hate games that are mostly menus, you won't like this either. It plays a lot like Plague Inc meets Patrician.
Pages: [1] 2 3