Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111268 times)

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3600 on: January 10, 2016, 04:29:46 am »

anyone else having difficulty with AutoChop in 42.x? I'm getting a weird thing where the woodcutter seems to get stuck repeatedly trying to chop down a tree that they already chopped down a while ago.  This is in alpha1 on Windows, haven't tried alpha2 yet.  I'll load that up and run some more tests, see if I can reproduce it in a different fort.

--nomad_delta

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: January 10, 2016, 04:02:23 pm »

Here's another alpha release: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.42.04-alpha2

This one has some new stuff in it, and some fixes since alpha1, although apparently there weren't any awful bugs. The Linux build is using a new cross-compiler now - one consequence of this is that you'll have to delete libs/libstdc++.so.6 if you weren't doing that before, since it's GCC 4.8 (and hopefully your system has GCC 4.8 or newer installed). However, rendermax seems to work perfectly on my Linux machine now - I don't know if this is due to the compiler change or not, since I hadn't tested it in a while, but others should investigate as well. Anyway, please report any issues that are reliably reproducible on Linux with this particular alpha2 build only (that don't occur with a native alpha2 build or alpha1), as well as general issues with alpha2 as usual.

Thanks to DersEvvak for providing a Windows build this time!
Thank you lethosor and DersEvvak!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: January 10, 2016, 04:18:47 pm »

So all the things in the dfhack windows release have no directory hierarchy. This is somewhat inconvenient...

Not even an edit: Peazip was just wrong. Edit: There was a directory hierarchy, it just wasn't reported for some reason  ::)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3603 on: January 10, 2016, 04:33:17 pm »

Yeah I was about to say... I've been using it fine for hours now. :P

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: January 10, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »

Hey! What is df.global.world.interaction_instances?

For a world with three evil biomes, I'm seeing three entries in that array, and each one has a value for anon_1 that is in the range of indices for the regional interactions?

Did you find part of the long-sought connection between regions and evil weather?

Edit: YES! It does! Changing that to a selected interaction index from df.global.world.raws.interactions changed the evil weather for a test region! (I still don't know how to tell which region goes with which world.interaction_instances entry, so for the test; I changed them all.)

When did someone figure that out? Way to go! That's a fantastic development for custom embark scripting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:18:25 pm by gchristopher »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stih, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: January 10, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »

The "include" directory is an invaluable and easy to access source of Lua API documentation, and while it is possible to get the data elsewhere, it is more convenient to have it in the main download.

Generally it is good practice to include documentation with a package, since DFHack has no real documentation for it's Lua API (something that really should change, I mean how hard could it be to auto-generate something readable from the XML?) the header files will have to do.

If they're really useful, I can try to package/upload them separately. I don't know if it would be possible/safe to compile anything with them, though, but I don't think they vary across platforms currently.

Regarding documentation, I'm not sure how you could really generate something from just the information in the XML files, aside from boring stuff like "the 5th field in the viewscreen_titlest structure is a 32-bit integer named 'sel_submenu_line'". There are comments and ref-target attributes in a few places, sure, but including them would still result in pretty sparse documentation, and going into detail about what every field is would just clutter up the XML files. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comments about documentation, though, so do feel free to make suggestions.

There is a file called "Lua API.rst", by the way, which covers most of the DFHack-implemented Lua API (i.e. the parts that don't wrap DF structures).

Clean, easy to read descriptions of the structures (something that looks like C, without the stuff that the compiler needs but the programmer doesn't), preferably with links connecting types to their definitions. Basically something much like what godoc generates (for example). Anything not exported to Lua can be left out.

How's Doxygen? It might be possible to get that working with df-structures's headers.

Depends on how much you have to mark the headers up, too much markup and it's not worth it. If it can be gotten to work, and produces nice, clear, output (that preferably can be linked into the existing DFHack docs), then it is probably worth the effort required.

Once upon a time I tried to make a document generator that read the XML, but that XML is nearly impossible to parse without a lowering pass (and Go had no XLST library at the time), so I gave up :(

Summarizing:  DFHack doesn't have an API reference.

After considerable expansion and reorganisation, https://dfhack.rtfd.org covers the equivalent for users.  However, a comprehensive API reference for developers would be really useful, both as an introduction to the data structures and utility functions provided and as a detailed listing of the same.

See https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/794
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:30:05 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Taybabie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5 (DFHack 0.42.04 alpha 2)
« Reply #3606 on: January 11, 2016, 08:31:17 am »

I am having an issue with the mouse/active pointer. I am sorry if this isn't the correct place to report this problem. But this is the forum where I look for the updates for DFHack. Currently I am using Dwarf Fortress 42.04 with Iron Hand graphics, Dwarf Theripist, SoundSense and DFHack 0.42.04 alpha 2 ( I also had this problem with the Alpha 1 version).

The mouse won't select anything out of an 11by11 area of the active X. Sometimes even the active X dissappears from the screen entirely. I have to esc out and then return to the game to get it to reappear. Sometimes(most of the time) as well, the active x won't even select a large area. My selecting area is forced to be within the 11by11 area. And if it is within 10 tiles of the edge of the screen the active x woun't click. It will still be there but it won't click. Then it is like the active x is dead. I won't do anything else, again I have to esc out and then return to the game to have it active. When I say it won't do anything else I mean even the k, q, and t keyboard keys won't work as well.

This problem hasn't caused a crash. But it is very annoying. Please let me know if you need any other information from me, I will try and get it to you.

I Do Thank-you for all of your hard work.
Angelina

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: January 11, 2016, 04:03:10 pm »

Are you using TwbT? Did you resize the window during the intro movies, if they're enabled?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Taybabie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5 (DFHack 0.42.04 alpha 2)
« Reply #3608 on: January 11, 2016, 04:29:10 pm »

No I am not using Twbt. I beleive it is 2D. I always turn off the intro movie before I start the first game. I do F12 at the main screen to make my text bigger, if that helps.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #3609 on: January 11, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »

PTW. Should have done this earlier.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Dwurf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: January 12, 2016, 05:02:06 pm »

For anyone else having trouble getting dfhack working for 42.04 on Arch Linux (and possibly other linux distributions as well), here's what I've found out:
The makepkg script by default will strip "unneeded symbols" from binaries and libraries. For the Dwarf Fortress binary, this only changes one byte, but that's enough to
change the md5sum which in turn makes dfhack not recognize the binary. (It also makes Dwarf Therapist fail to recognize DF for the same reason.)
Fix this by adding "options=(!strip)" to the PKGBUILD file (add it near the top of the file, where there are similar lines).

And if dfhack just exits with this error in stderr.log:
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8rendererD1Ev
try doing a fresh, manual rebuild of libgraphics.so (dwarf_fortress_unfuck) and copy it into your DF libs folder (in my case: /opt/df_linux-sf/libs)

After doing this, I've got dfhack working now with DF 0.42.04 ;D
No crashes so far, after playing for a couple of hours.

Max

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: January 13, 2016, 02:48:32 am »

Heck, I just uninstalled the native version to try and fix the openGL related errors and simply use the download from the bay12 site and the github dfhack dropped into the same folder.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3612 on: January 13, 2016, 06:54:15 am »

I need to make already prepared_food (using it as a reagent in a reaction) into dehydrated flour(ingredient) in the quern using some fuel by stack of dried prepared_food.
Losing value, dorf time and fuel but gaining more dorf-exp in milling and cooking and biggers stacks by lavish cooking again and with that, using some QS stockpiles; the possibility of better FPS.

My problem:
 I does not find the identifier of prepared_food, I have even generated a custom stockpile with only prepared_food enabled and looked at the generated file "prepared food.dfstock" in directory stocksettings to no avail, what can be found is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Instead of something like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know that some special identifiers such as those corresponding to 3 kinds of glass have been known by means of binary string dumpers or Reverse engineering.

So my question is:

Anyone knows the internal identifier of PREPARED_FOOD to use it in reactions?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:03:31 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: January 13, 2016, 07:50:25 pm »

Where can I find the flags for handedness in gm-editor?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: January 13, 2016, 08:17:21 pm »

Meaning gauntlet handedness or unit handedness? For gauntlets, it's apparently just handedness in gauntlets. There's a method to grab it too (gauntlet:getGloveHandedness()).

For units: unit.body.weapon_bp is which hand they'll use to hold weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 360