Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1112237 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r4
« Reply #3255 on: November 10, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

If you run "exterminate it" with a unit selected, it should only kill that unit (and running "exterminate it" without a unit selected shouldn't do anything). Did you run "exterminate undead", or is there an issue with that script?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: November 11, 2015, 12:13:00 am »

Having just used it to get rid of some annoying wombat chunks that were keeping eagles from spawning in Cathelms I can confirm that exterminate undead works fine.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: November 11, 2015, 09:18:44 am »

If you run "exterminate it" with a unit selected, it should only kill that unit (and running "exterminate it" without a unit selected shouldn't do anything). Did you run "exterminate undead", or is there an issue with that script?

I just typed "exterminate" but that wasnt enouh so it gave me a list of what to type and one of the commands was undead, so I thought that was my only option. What do you mean by selecting a unit? Hovering over it with the "v" button?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: November 11, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »

Yes, that will do.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #3259 on: November 11, 2015, 09:26:49 pm »

Guys, how are you building it on OS X? This is embarrassing but after some point (I think Xcode update to 7) I can't get it to build/work on both 10.10 and 10.11. When building with GCC 4.5, protoc crashes, when building with later version of GCC, dfhack builds but df crashes because of some symbols can't be found in the damn libstdc++.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: November 11, 2015, 09:36:28 pm »

I'm using GCC 4.5 on 10.9 - I know there's a patch needed to compile it on 10.10 (which Homebrew and Macports use), but I'm not sure about 10.11. Danaris has gotten it to work on 10.10, at least. I don't think Xcode should make a difference.
If you use a newer GCC version, you have to have a corresponding 32-bit libstdc++ in the DF/libs folder (which makes distributing code compiled with newer GCC versions harder, and requires actually building GCC from source and specifying -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 for it to be portable).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #3261 on: November 11, 2015, 11:56:22 pm »

I'm using GCC 4.5 on 10.9 - I know there's a patch needed to compile it on 10.10 (which Homebrew and Macports use), but I'm not sure about 10.11. Danaris has gotten it to work on 10.10, at least. I don't think Xcode should make a difference.
If you use a newer GCC version, you have to have a corresponding 32-bit libstdc++ in the DF/libs folder (which makes distributing code compiled with newer GCC versions harder, and requires actually building GCC from source and specifying -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 for it to be portable).

Apparently Xcode 7 has switched from GNU assembler to LLVM-based one, and GCC uses the system assembler. This breaks compilation with GCC 4.9 (there should be a patch, probably it's not in Homebrew yet). It's strange if this also makes protoc compiled with GCC 4.5 to crash, but I'm pretty sure that I was building it fine on 10.10 and it got problems after updating Xcode.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 12, 2015, 04:36:31 am »

Hmmm, from looking at the search.cpp, am I mistaken in thinking that just adding in the necessary require and pointers and such for ui_adv_mode.look and ui_adv_mode.get with the same filtering type as the fortress mode lookaround search uses could work?

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3263 on: November 12, 2015, 01:41:49 pm »

Can DFhack be converted to a Lua VM for DF modding and debuging?

This would enable us to use some of the open source Lua IDEs that support lua debugging...

The next version of Rubble will use Lua for scripting, ...
Nice move Milo, Rubble DF modding framework could  then reuse the Lua knowledge of the dfhack team and the Dwarf fortress modding community.

... I discovered that the Lua VM I was using was riddled with bugs...
Oh, and did I mention that the main reason I chose the VM I did is because the other one has no documentation whatsoever? ...
If you are evaluating lua VMs as candidates for Rubble scripting and your evaluation is not closed,  you could have a look to refactored Metalua 0.72 http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2014-01/msg00636.html

Metalua http://metalua.luaforge.net/ is used as a Lua code analysis tool in projects like LuaDevelopmentTools https://eclipse.org/ldt/ (the Eclipse-based Lua IDE, so good community support and maybe even some docs...), LuaDocumentor (an LDoc-like tool which retrieves information missing from comments through code analysis), LuaInspect (back-end for SciTE and ZeroBrane) , etc.

If you dont like metalua VM you can also choose another from the list supported by open source ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE http://studio.zerobrane.com/ supports debugging with an ever increasing number of different Lua VMs as for LÖVE, Moai, Gideros, Marmalade Quick, Corona, and Cocos2d-x. It also supports general Lua debugging for Wireshark, GSL-shell, Adobe Lightroom, OpenResty, Lapis, Moonscript, home automation, and more.

DFhack is almost a Lua VM or not too far of becoming one. Adding support for debugging dfhack lua scripting to one of the lua IDEs cited could reduce the entry barrier. Adding this support in zerobrane is ,maybe, easier as this IDE is developped 100% in Lua.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:44:34 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: November 12, 2015, 02:39:31 pm »

Can DFhack be converted to a Lua VM for DF modding and debuging?

This would enable us to use some of the open source Lua IDEs that support lua debugging...

Zerobrane has a way to debug lua in process. This is done by using socket and a special debug lib. This might work and i encouraged people to look into it. However my hackish socket lib might not be up to the task but again: please do look into it imho it would be nice to have breakpoints.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: November 13, 2015, 02:15:22 pm »

Whenever I try to use Exterminate I get the following error:

How can I fix this?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: November 13, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »

error while trying to compile git tip:

[ 63%] Building CXX object plugins/CMakeFiles/RemoteFortressReader.dir/remotefortressreader.cpp.o
/home/schlichti/build/dfhack/plugins/remotefortressreader.cpp: In function ‘void CopyBuilding(int, RemoteFortressReader::BuildingInstance*)’:
/home/schlichti/build/dfhack/plugins/remotefortressreader.cpp:450:25: error: ‘struct df::building_windmillst’ has no member named ‘orient_x’
             if (actual->orient_x < 0)
                         ^
/home/schlichti/build/dfhack/plugins/remotefortressreader.cpp:452:30: error: ‘struct df::building_windmillst’ has no member named ‘orient_x’
             else if (actual->orient_x > 0)
                              ^
/home/schlichti/build/dfhack/plugins/remotefortressreader.cpp:454:30: error: ‘struct df::building_windmillst’ has no member named ‘orient_y’
             else if (actual->orient_y < 0)
                              ^
/home/schlichti/build/dfhack/plugins/remotefortressreader.cpp:456:30: error: ‘struct df::building_windmillst’ has no member named ‘orient_y’
             else if (actual->orient_y > 0)
                              ^
make[2]: *** [plugins/CMakeFiles/RemoteFortressReader.dir/remotefortressreader.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/CMakeFiles/RemoteFortressReader.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: November 13, 2015, 04:28:45 pm »

Did you update submodules ("git submodule update")?

Whenever I try to use Exterminate I get the following error:

How can I fix this?
What DFHack version are you using? If you upgraded, did you make sure to replace the entire hack folder (rather than just overwriting its contents)?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:33:23 pm by lethosor »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: November 14, 2015, 04:13:27 am »

I've been watching quill18 playing dwarf fortress, and noticed that he is somehow setting certain items to be maintained. For example, he selects iron bars and enters "10-20" and he said that the game will automatically queue up production if the quantity get's too low. Now I couldn't find any way to do this on vanilla DF so I assume since he was using DFHack, someone here could tell me how I can do this. If this is not DFHack, sorry, any tips on how I could do this would be welcome.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 360