Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1111560 times)

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.23-r1
« Reply #1845 on: January 07, 2015, 11:57:10 pm »

Question for dfhack devs. In the new version df.global.ui_sidebar_menus.workshop_job table contains broken objects - fields of interface_button_building_new_jobst are filled with inappropriate numbers and often cause crashes when i try to browse it with gm-editor.

Is that dfhack of DF bug? Is there way to read the proper data? One of my scripts doesnt work anymore in 40.23 because of that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:48:49 am by Raidau »
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 08, 2015, 11:01:51 am »

It's most likely a result of some structure that changed in 0.40.20 (in other words, a DFHack/df-structures problem).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:37 pm »

It's most likely a result of some structure that changed in 0.40.20 (in other words, a DFHack/df-structures problem).

Looking forward for someone to fix this :)
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

So I am looking through all the different structures in dfhack, what should I do if I find something that isn't labeled and know what it is?

For example;
df.global.world.entities.all.site_links.anon_1 -> anon_1 = site_id
df.global.world.entities.all.site_links.anon_2 -> anon_2 = civ_id

Also, does anyone know where wealth information is stored? Looking for the import/export numbers for the current fortress.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:22:09 pm by Roses »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 08, 2015, 03:32:34 pm »

Change the lines in df-structures corresponding to them (here) and submit a pull request. If you have a build environment set up, it would be easier to test, but it's not required.
* Edit the files in library/xml
* Rebuild DFHack (this should only involve rebuilding about 6 core files and any plugins that include "df/entity_site_link.h") and test your changes
* Commit and push to your df-structures fork (fork from DFHack/df-structures, not angavrilov/df-structures):
Code: [Select]
cd library/xml
git checkout -b <descriptive branch name>
git add df.refs.xml
git commit -m 'Identify entity_site_link.civ_id, etc.'
git remote add <username (or another descriptive remote name)> https://github.com/<username>/df-structures # if you haven't already
git push <username (or remote name)> <branch name>
* Make a pull request

Alternatively, you can do this through the Github web interface, but it's a good idea to actually test your changes. A common mistake is forgetting to self-close tags (i.e. use <int32_t name='foo'/>, not <int32_t name='foo'>).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:35:14 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:20 pm »

(Ignore)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:07:01 pm by lethosor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1851 on: January 09, 2015, 09:36:01 am »

Does this dfhack version include something that allows custom gloves to get a left/right assigned?

I still have an old script by Kurik Amudnil called AutoFixHandedness.rb in Masterwork, I'm not sure if I still need it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 09, 2015, 01:13:44 pm »

Yes, it is still needed.
(I have a Lua version in Rubble if you would rather have it in a language that can be used by humans)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 09, 2015, 02:20:28 pm »

startdwarf is not working for me, anybody else having this? I have some basic objects.txt edits, but in dfhack0.40.19 it worked fine,
however there were times this happened before, and then fixed itself in the next release.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 09, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

startdwarf is not working for me, anybody else having this? I have some basic objects.txt edits, but in dfhack0.40.19 it worked fine,
however there were times this happened before, and then fixed itself in the next release.
Right. start_dwarf_count has to be located in symbols.xml, and nobody did that for this release. There were a couple releases in the past where this was also the case. I'll try to make sure it's located in the next version (which'll probably be 0.40.24).

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »

Whenever I gen a world in advanced worldgen, the whole spiel about seedwatch shows up, as follows:

Code: [Select]
The plugin is disabled.
Autonestbox stopped.
Watches the numbers of seeds available and enables/disables seed and plant cooking.
Each plant type can be assigned a limit. If their number falls below,
the plants and seeds of that type will be excluded from cookery.
If the number rises above the limit + 20, then cooking will be allowed.
The plugin needs a fortress to be loaded and will deactivate automatically otherwise.
You have to reactivate with 'seedwatch start' after you load the game.
Options:
seedwatch all   - Adds all plants from the abbreviation list to the watch list.
seedwatch start - Start watching.
seedwatch stop  - Stop watching.
seedwatch info  - Display whether seedwatch is watching, and the watch list.
seedwatch clear - Clears the watch list.

You can use these abbreviations for the plant tokens:
bs -> SLIVER_BARB
bt -> TUBER_BLOATED
bw -> WEED_BLADE
cw -> GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE
dc -> MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE
fb -> BERRIES_FISHER
hr -> ROOT_HIDE
kb -> BULB_KOBOLD
lg -> GRASS_LONGLAND
mr -> ROOT_MUCK
pb -> BERRIES_PRICKLE
ph -> MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
pt -> GRASS_TAIL_PIG
qb -> BUSH_QUARRY
rr -> REED_ROPE
rw -> WEED_RAT
sb -> BERRY_SUN
sp -> POD_SWEET
vh -> HERB_VALLEY
ws -> BERRIES_STRAW_WILD
wv -> VINE_WHIP
Examples:
seedwatch MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP 30
  add MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP to the watch list, limit = 30
seedwatch MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
  removes MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP from the watch list.
seedwatch ph 30
  is the same as 'seedwatch MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP 30'
seedwatch all 30
  adds all plants from the abbreviation list to the watch list, the limit being 30.
Loading script at PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init
Enabling the plugin.
The plugin is enabled.
Option drybuckets is enabled.
Option auto-melt is enabled.
Fixed feeding timers for 0 citizens.
unstuck 0 doors
[DFHack]#

Over and over and over again.  I have no idea when or how this started, and I regret ever going to 40.23.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 09, 2015, 10:37:59 pm »

Seedwatch displays usage information like that if you invoke it in an invalid state (e.g. when a world is not loaded). Chances are a line in at least one of your .init files in your DF folder is causing this, so take a look at them and remove any "seedwatch ..." commands. Alternatively, you can move hack/plugins/seedwatch.plug.dylib out of the hack/plugins folder, but you'll just get "command not found" errors instead.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 10, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »

I got so frustrated with 40.23 and all its bugs that I deleted it and installed 40.24, hoping for a less frustrating esperience.

Well, the white rectangle of death came up again.

Except this time, it was on completely unmodded raws, with no DFHack.  The only thing different from just-downloaded was that I installed Phoebus graphics, just as before, using the OSX directions.  I have no clue at all what could be going on - I've got a bug report up on Mantis, because nothing on there was helpful.  The gamelog says literally nothing about it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 10, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »

Why are you reporting a crash here when you're not using DFHack? A white box (which should be a readable error message) is almost certainly a raw problem, if DF starts up normally, so that should be reported in the thread of the graphics pack you're using. Also, what bugs are you referring to? I haven't noticed an unusual number of new bugs in 0.40.23, unless you're referring to the DFHack libstdc++ problem.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 10, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »

I've been playing around with 'natural population growth' and the necessary relationship building. It's my understanding that dwarves have 'orientation' numbers that are checked to see if they can form heterosexual romantic attachments and if they can potentially commit to marriage.

Is there a script floating around that could check that for a selected dwarf?

Rose's GUI - Unit Viewer was the closest thing I could find, although it appears to be part of an overall mod and frankly I'm not up to tweaking it myself.
()==[:::::::::::::>
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 360