Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1112324 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.14-r1
« Reply #1335 on: November 06, 2014, 03:42:52 am »

I hate to complain, but I just downloaded the new version and I found several issues. First off, it says that 'plugin dwarfmoniter not built for this version of DF hack', as well as the dfhack.int config file is missing. Care to fix/Find out what is with that, please?
Dwarf monitor has not yet been updated to the new thought system in 40.14. Rename the dfhack.init-example config, this how dfhack is always built. Dfhack.init is configured by the pack authors/users.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 06, 2014, 05:27:28 am »

It isn't working, as in all I get when I try to go into DFHack is a logout message from Terminal, or, if I do that from dfhack-run, something about "illegal instruction".  How do I get it to work properly on OSX?  In the past I have only ever been able to access DFHack via the start-upon-DF-launch option that comes with the lazy newb pack.  Trying to launch the thing itself has only ever given me logout messages.

EDIT: I pulled it into the DF folder and now there is something about a segmentation fault?  I honestly have no clue what I am doing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:33:39 am by Badger Storm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 06, 2014, 06:24:09 am »

What version of OS X are you using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 06, 2014, 07:20:05 am »

And what, exactly, are you trying to do to launch DFHack?

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1339 on: November 06, 2014, 11:30:59 am »

It's possible that that's a problem with dfhack-run, not workflow. Does the problem still occur if you place the commands in a file (without "./dfhack-run") and run "script (filename)" in the DFHack console?

Seems to work fine using "script filename". Thank you so much!

Quote from: Rogue Yun
Second Bug: I also notice in the autolabor plugin that woodcutting is snubbed completely if dwarves have any experience in mining.

Yeah, autolabor tries to deal with the three uniformed professions (mining, woodcutting, and hunting), but isn't exactly optimal for them.  It helps to reduce their maximum numbers to less than the number of civilians in your fort.  For this case:

Code: [Select]
autolabor MINE 2 6
autolabor CUTWOOD 1 2
autolabor HUNT 0 1

That will probably give you six miners and one woodcutter, but might switch them to five and two.

You can assign min and max to specific labors? That is AWESOME! Is there a more detailed documentation for this somewhere? I always hated it when my whole fort started engraving or felt they had the right to use wood to make cruddy beds because they were a skilled cheesemaker.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 06, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

Does anyone know how the game handles fireball vs firebreath type flows? What I mean is that we have a script that will allow us to spawn a flow, but there is only a distinction between firebreath and dragonfire. How does the game know how to spawn a cone vs circle when used via interaction?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 06, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »

Dragonfire can hurt things normally immune to fire, I believe. In fact it used to be true (and might still be) that it's possible to be immune to dragonfire and not regular fire. I don't know whether that's the only difference or not.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 06, 2014, 04:55:52 pm »

[FIREIMMUNE] versus [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]. The former is only immune to jets, balls and AFAIK environmental fire. The latter is also immune to dragonfire.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 06, 2014, 05:05:04 pm »

I clicked on the downloaded link, which downloaded the folder and the DFHack stuff contained therein.  I looked at my old version and saw there was a "hack" folder, plus other hack stuff, contained in the following directory:

-->Applications-->Macnewbie (lazy newb pack)--> Dwarf Fortress-->"hack" folder, dfhack, dfhack-run, dfhack.init, dfhack.history

The dfhack folder seems to contain dfhack, dfhack-run, dfhack.init-example, and a "hack" folder of its own.  I've got a hunch the "hack" folder needs to be put directly into the df-osx (my main DF folder for the new version) file, plus dfhack and dfhack-launch, but I honestly have no clue.  Dwarf Fortress is my first time putting graphics packs or using inits with pretty much anything.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 06, 2014, 05:50:29 pm »

You should replace the entire hack folder with the one you downloaded (you may want to simply rename the old one, in case something goes wrong). The "dfhack" file hasn't changed, but you should replace "dfhack-run" if you want to run DFHack commands externally (e.g. from another command line).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 06, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »

Considering my 40.14 version of the game doesn't have DFHack installed at all, what ought I to do?  If my old 40.13 files are any indication, I should put the hack folder, along with dfhack, dfhack-run, and df-hack.init, into the main dwarf fortress folder.  Is this correct, or am I missing something?

EDIT: Yep, it seems to be working just fine now.  So glad to have nice clean maps again!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:02:50 pm by Badger Storm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 06, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »

It appears that rendermax wasn't included in any builds of 0.40.14-r1 (it compiles, but wasn't re-enabled in CMakeLists.txt). This will hopefully be fixed in 0.40.15-r1.
In addition, "startdwarf" will only work on OS X (also a 0.40.14-r1-specific problem), due to the start_dwarf_count offset not being located on other platforms.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:59 pm »

Dragonfire can hurt things normally immune to fire, I believe. In fact it used to be true (and might still be) that it's possible to be immune to dragonfire and not regular fire. I don't know whether that's the only difference or not.

So is the structure of the spawned flow hardcoded? I can't make cones vs circles with the spawnflow script?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 06, 2014, 10:43:02 pm »

I haven't seen anything suggesting that shape isn't as much an intrinsic part of the flow as temperature.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:28 pm »

It seems the item-trigger / INVENTORY_CHANGE event wasn't actually having problems. I fixed a different problem for the next release. If you're in arena mode and swap back and forth between controlling a unit and releasing control then event manager might have problems in the current release.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 360