Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (IC made)  (Read 12090 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (2 people still needed...)
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2014, 05:40:08 pm »

I got this, ok, first off, Ki is based on physical fitness, the stronger, faster and healthier you are, the stronger your ki is, and by extension, your power level, Magical energy comes from some spirutual energy of some kind (My own speculation considering such things as the dragon balls, majin and beings such as Babity), and the main difference between Ki and magic based techniques is that Ki works -with- the laws of physics and Magic bends them, a great example I made before is Buu's chocolate beam, Which turns the target into a candy of some kind. while Ki techniques usually don't get much more complex than perhaps Frieza's destructo disk rip-off, which was essentially a concentrated disk of ki energy which Frieza could control in mid flight, I believe both Ki and magic allow for flight, but magic users may have simply had enough ki energy to fly regardless. Considering that even a teenaged human (Videl) was able to achieve flight. Weapons are in fact used, in some cases, but usually only augment the character's fighting style rather than determine it. Some examples would be Goku's power pole, or the gun used by Android 17, another factor would be that if you do use artificial weaponry, (Androids being an example) they DO have the potential to be more powerful than our normal human technology by a long shot, (Androids 16, 17, and 18 were all said to be more powerful than frieza and cell, being comprised of both android and genetic technologies, was more powerful than Goku.) Oh, and both Trunks and Gohan used a sword at one point I believe.
 I hope that answers any canonical questions you may have, but once again, don't quote me on that, GM's word is law.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:42:24 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »

That is excellent to know.

As we don't appear yet to have any Saiyans, perhaps I will make one, though I also feel incredibly tempted to make a human(Dat limiter removal tho'(!)).

Also, uhhh...what does it mean by the way magic can be trained? I understand what Ki means by gravity level, but, well...magic affinity is based on speed?!?

Still not sure as to how techniques should work, exactly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

I don't know how magic is trained either, but if i were in that position i would just make something up on a case by case basis (Maybe some kind of meditation with a multiplier based on how magical the area is? it would explain how sayans are terrible at magic, since they are too fight-happy to slow down and meditate properly.)

Well, According to what I have seen, techniques -can- be a bit of a stretch, (Vegeta was able to use a technique to produce artificial moonlight for example) Just make some techniqes you think would be cool to start with, and that fit with your character, and then balance them out, you will be informed if something needs to be changed. as for inspiration, I quote Piccolo in the abridged series, "Pretty one, Strong dumb one, one with freaky powers." It really is a case by case basis, My techniques require me to Make lots of Zenny (the money of this world) to buy more advanced parts to upgrade my bionics, While weird sound Picked out a fairly tame healer role based very likely on Dende's Magic healing from the Frieza saga.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:20:05 am by Shadestyle »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2014, 06:28:45 pm »

accidental doublepost
ignore that

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2014, 02:04:49 am »

Weird sound is the healer, actually. I'm the guy that melts holes in people, punches holes through them and sticks them in a pocket dimension.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2014, 10:19:11 am »

Oops. Well, what he said.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2014, 10:22:17 pm »

So, couple questions.

One, female Saiyans do exist, right? The tail is not actually a dick that happened to be put on the wrong side?

Two, what's a Saiyan's lifespan, typically?

Three, do all Saiyans look more or less the same?

Four, uhhh, basic backstory stuff as to the Saiyans? Like I said, I haven't watched the show in a really long time. Basically unsure what I should put in the biography section.

Five, I guess I can look at you guys for the technique styles and such, but...I dunno, it's just really vague.

EDIT: To put it another way, what would Ki techniques be, like examples from the show(early ones, preferably...I remember Cell, the Androids, Buu, etc, but I don't think I remember Trunks or Gohan from when I actually watched the show...) that aren't just different types of "PEW LASOR PEW"?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:49:44 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2014, 11:02:48 pm »

Yes they exist, but they are few and far in between.

300 earth years give or take

No, such characters as Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz and even Broly show that there can be radical differences in body type  hair style, hair color, and even baldness.

Sayans come from a planet named Vegeta, whose ruler was named Vegeta, and who had a son named Vegeta, they were a warfaring race who worked for Frieza until he betrayed them and blew up the planet, rendering the saiyan race almost extinct, save for some who were off planet for various reasons.

Really just get creative, there were a great number of techniques based on ki, from the special beam cannon, which had a pointed tip of energy and spiraled like a drill to penetrate defenses, the Destructo disk, which was an intense disk of incredibly thin Ki energy, which could cut through almost anything. the spirit bomb which drew a small amount of energy from every living thing on the planet, the Revenge death ball, which drew from the souls of beings absorbed by Baby, and even an attack which produced adorable ghost thingies which detonated when an enemy touched them. (These chased after enemies with high sapience, i think they may have been aware to some degree even.
then there were the large amount of "Beam attacks" like the Kamehameha Wave, Death beam, Masenko-ha, really, it just has to -sound- like it makes sense rather than actually make sense. There are also the techniques used to enhance one's natural fighting ability, Such as Kaio-ken, Which multiplied the strength a body had, in return for also increasing the strain that fighting had on it. or the simple "Power up" moves which outright increased their muscle mass, such as Frieza's or Cell's 100% power form, then there were things like "Instant transmission" which allowed one to Lock on to someone's energy signature and then teleport to wherever they were.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:16:17 am by Shadestyle »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 12:25:20 am »

Whelp, I think I'm good, other than appearance and biography(gimme some time for those...).

Doo-da-doo~
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2014, 12:30:50 am »

Not Done Yet! Wouldn't be able to be used until you have a Power Level of 800 methinks.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 08:41:46 am »

Not Done Yet! Wouldn't be able to be used until you have a Power Level of 800 methinks.

And Razor Blast Wave requires a level of 600.  Considering what Razor does, I would prefer a 5 minute charge time rather than reducing exertion level.  Also, give Not Done Yet! an exertion of 22, but change the multiplier to times 3 when less than 15% health.  I would prefer Kaio-Ken to be the best non-super state increase outside of the Human's Limiter Removal.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2014, 11:16:41 am »

Considering how much health everyone had, I didn't think that that much damage was a big deal, but wlright, I suppose...
Misunderstood.

For Razor Blast Wave, basically she can't use it if she loses her tail for whatever reason, at the moment. Not Done Yet! was made when I didn't fully understand what Zenkai did.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:18:37 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »

Is Razor Blast Wave really all that powerful? Yes, to a base Djinnit deals 30 damage, but to a full Saiyan it deals like 7-8.

I'm thinking I'm gonna make some changes to This'll Show You! and Not Done Yet! in order to make it so they don't become completely obsolete when she becomes more powerful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

Is Razor Blast Wave really all that powerful? Yes, to a base Djinnit deals 30 damage, but to a full Saiyan it deals like 7-8.

You can change the 10 to a 20 if you have it have a charge time of 5 minutes.

Also, for Not Done Yet!, I meant times 3 if below 15%, not times 3*((16-Remaining Health Percentage)^2).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2014, 06:09:26 pm »

I never meant times when I said power level was boosted.

I mean a flat number, originally.

EDIT: Also, for Razor Blast Wave, how about a charge time of one minute, and it stays the same otherwise?

After all, she does have a Saiyan tail to boost her power high enough to use it, at least until she gets some Zenkai or training boosts.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9