Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (IC made)  (Read 12103 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC)
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:27 am »

Also, Magic uses Magic Affinity instead of Power Level for Exertion, right?

Yes.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

Maximum Age for Djinns?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 11:47:42 am »

Maximum Age for Djinns?

9 billion and counting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:25:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 12:22:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
I probably have to do a hella lot of balancing. So, what do I need to fix?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:58:08 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »

Nene huh? I smell shadow magic.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:19 pm »

Nene huh? I smell shadow magic.
...I don't get it.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »

This guy. pretty bad dude from blue dragon, uses the shadow magic and doesn't afraid of anything.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

Huh. Never heard of him.
So, who thinks I need to do some balancing? *raises hand*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:04:05 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

Huh. Never heard of him.
So, who thinks I need to do some balancing? *raises hand*

Well, Gm said to specify base damage before multipliers, unless the technique has a base damage of one.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 12:55:21 am »

Strength of a Hundred doesn't do any damage by itself per se, it just increases the power of my punches.
Push doesn't do damage by itself either, since it just pushes them. Whatever they smack into, on the other hand...
Hidden Universe is non-combat.
Really, the only technique I need to specify damage for is Plasma Stream. How much damage would that do, rounded up?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:14 am »

Well if my math is right, with a base damage of one, it would do 600 damage, I Think, the sheet isn't too clear on that, but basically, any technique would kill any untrained default character unless the attacker was human and the opponent had some means of defence or was a Sayan or half-Sayan. I could be wrong of course, but that would basically make player verses player combat a deathtrap until they trained their health substantially. The guide says that attack is "Damage of attack times (Your stat/Their stat)" So Base damage of 1 Times 600 would be, well 600, compare that to the Sayan starting health of 200 and basically, only NPC enemies have any chance of surviving, and only NPC's would have a starting attack low enough to not kill in one hit. Unless beam struggles and dodging is a thing. so I would figure being evil is a definite no go until Very late game for any mischief makers whipping up a character sheet right now. not sure how this works into fighting the enemies that the GM will be throwing at us, so I cannot say on that front. I just made my techniques have a ton of prerequisites to balance them out. Way i figure it, If the Gm has no problems with your balancing, then there are no problems to be had, half of us are going to die in the Sayan saga anyway since they start with a power level averaging of around 10,000, unless the backstory portion lasts long enough for us to get some flashback training in. And i just realized i am rambling.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 04:14:14 am »

I think the answer is no, but I gotta ask anyway. Will the Magic Affinity of powerful Saiyans we fight be high, or will it be around the same as one of the Saiyans a player would start as?
Incidentally, a way to balance Plasma Stream would be to have it do damage like so;
Magic Affinity/2=Damage
Or something like that. I mean, I'd still do around 150 damage to Saiyans, but still. Or maybe;
Magic Affinity/4x3=Damage.
I dunno, there's lots of ways to go about weakening it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:27:02 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 11:10:30 am »

-snip-

You didn't fill out the equation entirely.  Saiyan Mystic Affinity would be 150 at default, so the filled out equation would be:
1*(600/150)
which would result in 4 damage against a starting sheet Saiyan.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:54 am »

Huh. So, balanced?
Didn't know it worked like that, though. From what Shadestyle wrote, it seemed like I'd do 450 damage against starting sheet Saiyans.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:16 pm »

If i may quote my Past self, "Don't quote me on that, everything i say is wrong, including this." I had no idea it worked like that either. looks like i have some balancing to do as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9