Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (IC made)  (Read 12059 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (2 people still needed...)
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2014, 10:38:16 pm »

Anyway. Working on sheet. Changed Not Done Yet! and Razor Blast Wave to what you suggested/wanted, though it still seems like it wouldn't really do enough damage at this point to justify a charge time of five minutes. Ah well. I have a feeling we'll be facing a lot of magic enemies, with how we have two magic users.

How does training magic affinity work?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

How does training magic affinity work?

I've changed it to something...less confusing.  It is now (1*Meditation Level)/hour, with Meditation level equal to the number of increments of 250 (ie. 1-250=1, 251-500=2, 501-750=3, etc) in your Mystic Affinity.  I've imposed a max Meditation level of 1000, to keep things from scaling out of hand (in addition I set 1000 earth as the maximum gravity that can be trained in).

Edit: Should I start the game now, having one of the villains become a PC if someone else wants to join?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Yes plz.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Yes, plz.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes please.

As long as my sheet's okay and all.

Though...that seems like a lot of time necessary at low levels, and some ridiculous scale factors at high levels...but okay.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Yes please.

Though...that seems like a lot of time necessary at low levels, and some ridiculous scale factors at high levels...but okay.

Yeah, that's Dragon Ball Z for you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes please.

Yeah, that's Dragon Ball Z for you.
It's just...It means that while anyone can train their Ki up to ludicrous levels comparatively extremely quickly, simply by going to insanely high gravity planets(if they can survive, at least...), but to get Magic Affinity up, it takes a huge amount of time, period, unless you're already really powerful, in which case every hour you meditate improves the speed of meditation!

Which will get...annoying...for Zanz, to say the least, I foresee.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Medium game maybe, but early game will be taking place on earth, and you would either need a gravity enhancing ship that COULD support insanely high gravity, or find on a heavier planet, magic users will have their full training potential right off the bat at least.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Medium game maybe, but early game will be taking place on earth, and you would either need a gravity enhancing ship that COULD support insanely high gravity, or find on a heavier planet, magic users will have their full training potential right off the bat at least.

Yeah. And Ki users are left in the dust by this, that's what I'm saying; you guys can train magic affinity now, be useful with it, and then later when we find heavier planets, go and train there and catch up to/keep up with Ki users easily. Meanwhile Ki users can't get to to level Magic Affinity users are at without a huge amount of effort. To get to, say, 1000 Magic Affinity and 1000 Power Level, right now, would take me about 550 hours of training for Ki, and 26+125+84+62=297 hours of meditation for Magic Affinity. For our Namekian, it would take 775 hours of training for Ki, and 26+83+62=171 hours for Magic Affinity. My total: 847 hours of work, or 106 workdays. Your total: 946 hours of training. However, if we had, say, a x5 gravity planet to train at...it would be a total of 407 hours for me, and 326 hours for you.

But then again, maybe it's balanced; I have Zenkai to help boost my Power level, after all. But what about the good Doctor of our group? He'll have to spend 700 hours training his Ki to get it to 1000, and 101+83+62=256 hours for Magic Affinity, totaling 956 hours. If we had a x5 gravity planet, he'd still have to spend 396 hours to get there, 70 less than a Namekian, and he has no Zenkai to boost his Power Level, but still uses Ki as his primary means of attack.

It just comes down to what resources are available to us, I suppose; with high gravity planets, Ki users are better at low levels, but without them, or at high levels without extreme gravity planets, Magic users are better in the long run, leaving aside Zenkai for the moment. And that's before getting into if they both have the same high gravity planets to train at, in which case Magic Users are incredibly more powerful since they can easily keep up with Ki users by training their and gaining Power Level at the same rate.

I suppose what this really comes down to is...

Humans are fucked.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:46:21 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

And considering my techniques I would also be restricted to earth or planets with technology in order to learn or increase my skill's levels, and by extension I have even less time to train my magic and Ki levels. So all in all I think we will just have to wait and see, because something tells me with as many variables as there are, all of us will have some major strengths and weaknesses that we might not have anticipated at first. for example, limiter removal, the human racial ability, gives a whopping 1028X boost to magic and power level if Dr. Axal get to exactly 10% health, which is actually higher than the final perfect form, which gives 608 I believe, and on top of that, He has that ability with no training whatsoever. and inventive will let me develop more techniques to better control the battlefield, in short, humans are a Jack of all trades with some dangerous tricks up their sleeve.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:59:59 pm by Shadestyle »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

-snip-

This is going to be balanced by the way the training opportunities will be run.  With the magic users, the rate will be a constantly growing slope.  For the Ki users, the rate will be what would look like a staircase, each step putting them at a point above the magic user rate at a point that will result in them being at roughly the same level as the magic users when all is finished.

...and you would either need a gravity enhancing ship that COULD support insanely high gravity, or find on a heavier planet,...

Or a magic user increases the gravitational constant in a localized area.

-snip-

Also, the Limiter Removal stacks with the Kaioken x 4 (the ability forces that as the max for humans) which brings 10% health up to a whopping 4112.  Although, Limiter Removal is only applied to offense power, defense would only increase by 4...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

600x, which, if I ever achieve it and multipliers stack multiplicatively, becomes 1800x base power level, for Sorya, once she achieves it, with Not Done Yet!. Or just 603x, which is meh.

But I also have Saiyan tail, which, again, if multipliers stack in the more powerful way, gives me 900x during Perfect 3, and therefore 2700x with Not Done Yet. Which is ridiculous on so many levels. I don't even know what Kaioken is, though. If Saiyans can use it, then...8400x....

But yeah, low health humans are incredibly dangerous early game, it looks like. Have to do burst damage to try and take them down from 20% to 0%, if you don't want to get boned.

Of course, none of this takes Inner Focus or Health into account, as Saiyans are probably not all that accurate....which leads me to wonder.

If one were trying to get to 200 Health and 80 Inner Focus, how long would it take? For a human, it would take 60 hours; 40 on Inner Focus, 20 on Health. Which doesn't bode well. For a Saiyan, it would also take 60 hours, as he doesn't need to train Health at all. For a Half-Saiyan, of course, the same is true; 50 on Inner Focus, 10 on Health. For a Djinn, it would take 30 hours, though.

And for a Namekian, it would take...45 hours, I believe? 20 on Inner Focus, 25 on health.

Wooh not-quite equal training rates! :P :/

NINJA: I have a feeling the line for Magic Users will be a logarithmic function turned on it's side(the asymptote being 1001, of course).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

600x, which, if I ever achieve it and multipliers stack multiplicatively, becomes 1800x base power level, for Sorya, once she achieves it, with Not Done Yet!. Or just 603x, which is meh.

But I also have Saiyan tail, which, again, if multipliers stack in the more powerful way, gives me 900x during Perfect 3, and therefore 2700x with Not Done Yet. Which is ridiculous on so many levels. I don't even know what Kaioken is, though. If Saiyans can use it, then...8400x....

The Tail is the only thing that would boost your power in Super Form, since I don't want multiplier techniques to be stacked on top of each other, and the Super Form would be a multiplier technique.

Also, Inner Focus and Health are increased on a per day rate (1 for Focus and 5 for Health), and modifiers don't change the rate of training for those two stats.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:27:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

I just assumed it would be a variant of "Linear warriors, Quadratic wizards" It becomes more and more difficult to train power level without magic or machinery which in and of itself would need to be made more powerful to keep up, while for magic users it would get easier and easier, as they require no special conditions to meditate, and their meditation stacks on itself. Another interesting tidbit is that Ki is still capable of "Brute forcing" magic in a sense, Both Buu and Gotenks were able to blow a hole out of the hyperbolic time chamber using a loud yell, And in GT (even though it isn't canon) Goku and Uub nearly destroyed the lookout's magical training room though sheer force, even though it was designed to restrain just that. And while this might be a case of Vegeto actually having a high magical ability in their fuzed form, they were able to talk, and fight, even while transformed into candy by Buu.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:45:56 pm by Shadestyle »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, these warriors level up twice every time they get injured enough, so it could still be Linear, technically....

900x is still pretty good, if not at the level of Kaoiken x4 + Limiter Removal. Hours, days, point remains that Djinn can get to the same point as Saiyans faster than Saiyans can get to the same point as Djinn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9