Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52605 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #435 on: August 10, 2014, 01:03:17 pm »

Aneira shrugged.

"I mean, I need to pick up Sparks before we head out, but besides that, don't really have anything to do. What're you interested in doing?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2014, 12:31:59 am »

Country? Country... Dahzel didn't know which country the man was speaking of, but it must have been important to his parents. He then thought, wondering whether or not he should say Karit, before his voice said something, almost uncontrollably. "Itola!"

As soon as the word left Dahzel's mouth the image in the portal immediately became clear. In it, two figures could be seen running as though chased by something. One of them held something resembling a book and occasionally fired off a very powerful looking spell behind them. However the portal began to fade and, as it faded the man began speaking, though his eyes were now glowing yellow and his speech was even stranger than before.

"I... I've see it. The future. Those two will... perish. Yes... an endless sea of flame awaits them. There is no... escape from such a... bea... st."

With that, the man collapsed and the portal disappeared. By now some healers had shown up, but they were clearly puzzled on what to do other than try to heal the man with the strongest staves they could use. Amist the chaos you here some call for someone named "Xavier".

Aneira shrugged.

"I mean, I need to pick up Sparks before we head out, but besides that, don't really have anything to do. What're you interested in doing?"

"I like to read. Magical books, epics, ancients texts... So long as I can understand them, I enjoy reading them."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2014, 09:55:11 am »

"Hmm... not sure if we have any books in our group. You could ask Alexios. He might have some?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

Alice looked over in Alex's direction and saw that the crowd of three hadn't thinned.

"N-No... that's alright. I-I'd hate to bother him." With that out of the way she turned to Edward. "You look like an... educated man... Do you have any books?"

"As a matter of fact I do, Edward said as he pulled out his worm tome. "But it's just a basic Dark magic tome. I was actually on my way to pick up another tome for myself, among the various other things that the mercenaries have asked me for.

"I... see. I've never been able to understand Dark magic though."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:22:44 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »

Aneira smacked her forehead and shook her head.

"Right, dumb me. Shoulda thought about you Ed. Dunno why I didn't. Musta just blanked. I just figured if you're interested in magic and such, you'd be interested in his artifact. But... Yeah, maybe best the two of you talk instead."

She grimaced slightly. Shoulda remembered she's shy. Course she wouldn't want to go over to that group...

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:46 pm »

"Uh..." This was Xavier, right? "I think he's recovering. You want me to tell him something when he gets back?"
Still alive, amazingly.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 11, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »

Aneira smacked her forehead and shook her head.

"Right, dumb me. Shoulda thought about you Ed. Dunno why I didn't. Musta just blanked. I just figured if you're interested in magic and such, you'd be interested in his artifact. But... Yeah, maybe best the two of you talk instead."

A devilish smile appeared on Edward's face. Now that the battle was over, and he still hadn't paid for Aneira's horse, he had nothing to fear about pushing her buttons. Well, other than her resentment, but he could live with that.

"A most mysterious question indeed."

"Perhaps... it's because you're so smitten with him that your thoughts immediately turned to him, miss Aneira."

Alice didn't know how to react to what Edward had said so she just turned away, embarrassed.

"Uh..." This was Xavier, right? "I think he's recovering. You want me to tell him something when he gets back?"

"I certainly hope he's not recovering, otherwise Scalan is doomed!" one of the mages cried out.  "Wait, what do you mean recovering!? What did you do to Xavier you brute!?"

Before the mage could do anything else two of the soldiers who were standing by dragged him away, apologizing on the mage's behalf. As soon as the mage's shouts were out of earshot another, older man approached holding an equally, if not more impressive looking staff as the man, whom Dahzel now knows is called Scalan, had. Upon seeing Scalan's state he sighed but nonetheless began chanting an incantation. A green light shone from the staff and settled on Scalan as the man finished.

"Honestly, I don't see how one such as him was gifted the Artifact of Light. He constantly disobeys our orders about using the Dimensional Staff and always ends up in such a state. His want for power and prestige is pathetic."

Despite saying all that the man seemed to not have noticed Dahzel. Or if he did he was pretending he hadn't.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 11, 2014, 09:43:58 pm »

"WHAT? I... Ugh, you're just being ridiculous like everyone else. He and I are companions and members of this group. That's all."

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:48 am »

"Artifact of Light? Dimensional Staff?" Dahzel didn't get it. He thought all artifacts were all the same, or at least they were the same type. "So I guess it's something super powerful or something?"
Still alive, amazingly.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 13, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »

"WHAT? I... Ugh, you're just being ridiculous like everyone else. He and I are companions and members of this group. That's all."

Edward refused to give up that easily.

"Are you suuuuuuuuure?"

Alice continued to look away.

"Artifact of Light? Dimensional Staff?" Dahzel didn't get it. He thought all artifacts were all the same, or at least they were the same type. "So I guess it's something super powerful or something?"

The man turns to look at Dahzel and, after a moment where it looks like he's evaluating Dahzel's worth as a person, continues.

"Yes, they both are, though the Dimensional Staff is the pride of Itola. It's the first artifact we've made rather than dug up so the rules of the ancient Artifacts don't apply. I guess that's why Scalan wants to master it so badly. At least he makes a good guinea pig."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

"Ugh, yes, look, just pay for my horse already. Then I can get away and stop listening to this stupid teasing."

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 14, 2014, 07:30:23 pm »

"Whoa. You guys made an Artifact!? But that's like only a thing the Ancients can do!" Dahzel then noticed something and looked at the sky. "Oh, man, I better head back to my group! Thanks, Scalan, ...whatever your name is! And so, he rushes back to the group, wondering he had a new axe to call his own.
Still alive, amazingly.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 14, 2014, 08:23:44 pm »

Geoffrey and Edward both return far later than expected, though while Geoffrey has an explanation- he had to convince the mayor to part with extra gold for the new additions- Edward either doesn't have one or refuses to share. Nonetheless, they hand out pay and weapons respectably and Geoffrey gives his used sword to Lian, having decided to pick up axes. Edward explains that they will be traveling to a remote village where one of his father's contacts resides on the morrow and insists that everyone go to bed early.

Chapter 2: The Hunt
~~~

Edward urges the mercenaries out of bed as early as dawn and within the hour, after picking up Martyn from his makeshift camp and explaining the situation, they are on the road. The mercenaries of Godhand and their employer travel the roads for several days, surprisingly unhindered considering that bandits and deserters alike constantly roam the roads, before Edward makes any indication that they are close to their destination.

After another day of traveling through forests and back-roads Edward tells the group that just over the hill the village will be visible. Encouraged by the thoughts of soft beds the mercenaries rush over the hill only to find a four-way battle raging. Off in the distance a familiar bandit can be seen directing his men, in a nearby forest a young girl is seemingly commanding a rather large force if one judged by age and all over the field, crestless mages can be seen lobbing spells. Seemingly a group of their own, a lone swordsman and a giant can be seen near the eastern ridge.

The battle grinds to a halt once the forces notice the mercenaries. Every second the silence drags on the more tense the air becomes. Finally, someone, the girl it seems, shouts "New targets!" and the opposing forces, save the two near the ridge, focus on Godhand. Near the girl another, gruffer voice shouts, "Charge!" and the battle is joined.

Map Start!

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: Win Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
EXP:0/100

//Igor Mortfelt and Dakob Recirrum may now post!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:27:49 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 14, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »

"Oh, dammit. It's that damn bandit again. Ugh, oh well, lets kick his butt just like the last two times."

Aneira 6 left, shoot the bandit, back to 1-18

"There are two lone travelers over there, don't seem like they're part of the rest of these groups. Might be friendly."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 14, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

"More than just one bandit.  Though if someone would think to finish him off this time, I wouldn't complain."

"In the meantime..."

Martyn charges to 22-6 and stabs the swordsman with his slim lance!

"Let's deal with the immediate threat."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57