Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52598 times)

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2014, 10:10:30 am »

Dahzel shrugs, a little hesistant at first, but hey, he really needed the thing checked out. He wades through the military ranks, hoping to spot a smart person or something.
Still alive, amazingly.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:24 pm »

Aneira grinned at the man.

"You may think there's something with pirates, and I may think there's something with pirates, but I'm still not going to talk about these supposed pirates. After all, pirates do lots of bad things in the world. It'd be dangerous to associate yourself with them. But papers, yes, I can sign those."

She followed the man, glad that soon she'd be the owner of a beautiful horse.

"Aye, that they do, miss. That they do... Richard says before opening the door. It seems the the papers are already one the desk, which raises the question of whether Alice and Richard habitually eavesdrop on each other or if they talked about it beforehand. Alice is still trying to avoid Aneira's gaze. "Now if you could just sign your name here, here and here," Richard says while pointing at various lines, "Sparks'll be as good as yours provided I get my money."

...Names.  Names.  Great.  Hopefully no one would notice his within the mercenary listing after everything that happened today and their distance from his own home, but...

Martyn pulled a small notebook from his pocket with a piece of charcoal, scribbling something on a page and ripping it out.  This he passed to Edward.

"See to it these things are purchased.  I'll meet up with the group again after you leave town."

With that, he turned away, pulling the hood of his cloak back up over his head.  He could just camp in the wilderness outside of town.  Bandits worried him a good deal less than the current occupiers of Sarles.

"I'll see to it, Martyn, and I'll be sure to inform Geoffrey as well." Edward says as he looks over the list, pleased that he wouldn't be riding on hope alone when purchasing supplies. He stored the note in his robes and took out his Worm tome, frowning at the few missing pages. I suppose they could use an upgrade of firepower, much like myself...

"Attention everyone, while we are still in town I'll be purchasing some supplies for the road, among other things. If you want me to get you something, feel free to ask. I should be able to get it for you."

Shaking his head grandiosely, Ekul slumped onto a seat and ordered half a pint of watered down ale, can't trust fresh water in these parts, and downed it quickly. As what little alcohol content existed in the ale worked its wonders, Ekul sat up straight.

"Well, Peter, if you've never seen a pegasus up close in your life, now's your chance. Know any particular good places to buy magic tomes though? Seeing all those mages slinging their spells around makes me feel like I should probably put what I learned in the academy to good use."

At the back of his mind, the Itolian pondered on the merits of speaking to this Edward or Sarrani people for advice on picking the right sort of dark magic tome to purchase...with reward funds off course.

"There's one outside?!" Peter nearly runs out of the inn then and there; however, Ekul's second question stopped him. "Well, there is a nice lady who sells medicine by the blacksmith's shop but I dunno if she sells magic books." With that Peter runs outside and tries to find the pegasus. After a bit of searching he finds it and just sort of... stares at it, awestruck.

Dahzel shrugs, a little hesistant at first, but hey, he really needed the thing checked out. He wades through the military ranks, hoping to spot a smart person or something.

Dahzel walks through the ranks with little trouble, most of the soldiers appear to be relaxing and are not bothered by his presence. He sees plenty of smart looking people but they are engrossed in their books and outright ignore him. As he continues on one of them finally stops him.

"You... I sense magic flowing from you. You have come seeking answers to it, no?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:39:54 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »

"You'll get your money, don't worry. Like I said. talk to Edward."

With that, she picked up the pen and signed her name in the places indicated. Straightening, she smiled at both Richard and Alice.

"It was nice meeting the both of you. And a pleasure doing business with you too."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2014, 11:02:17 pm »

Aika noticed the young boy staring at her pegasus. She realized that most people outside of Lenon have never seen one before, so she gave the kid an encouraging smile.
: "Don't worry, she won't bite. Her name is Faewynd, and she's one of the sweetest things you'll ever meet. Do you have any apples, or carrots? She might let you pet her if you have a snack for her."

Procure an Iron Javelin from Edward.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:04:58 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 29, 2014, 11:08:17 pm »

Problem is I don't know who this 'Edward' is. I'd like to trust her but considering what's happened in the past... "Hey, mind if I send Alice with you? You can lead her to Edward and hey, maybe it'll help her shyness!"

Alice quickly shot a glare that could kill men of weak constitutions at Richard before turning to Aneira, looking somewhat uncomfortable.

"I-If you don't mind..."

Aika noticed the young boy staring at her pegasus. She realized that most people outside of Lenon have never seen one before, so she gave the kid an encouraging smile.
: "Don't worry, she won't bite. Her name is Faewynd, and she's one of the sweetest things you'll ever meet. Do you have any apples, or carrots? She might let you pet her if you have a snack for her."

Procure an Iron Javelin from Edward.

Peter jumped slightly but was otherwise unaffected.

"R-Really? I don't have any right now but I could easily go get some!"

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:47 pm »

"Whoa, yeah! You can already tell?" Dahzel starts unfastening his chestplate, revealing his mark. "Not sure where it came from. Gorick said he'd find someone who'd tell me where to go, but this works too!"

Dahzel asks for a Devil's Axe. Or an Iron Axe. Yeah, probably just an Iron Axe. Edward can make all the mistakes he wants.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:53:43 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:59 pm »

Ekul goes to the old lady Peter spoke off to see what magical wares are for sale.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2014, 11:32:43 am »

Martyn sets up a small camp for himself in a secluded area not far from town, from where he can watch the road without being spotted by soldiers or bandits until he can safely meet up with the rest of the group.

He examines his equipment.  Armor, check.  Vuln, check.  Spear, somewhat damaged.  Hopefully Edward picks up that Iron Javelin he requested.  It'd probably be useful sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:36:50 am by Lucus Casius »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2014, 04:23:08 pm »

Aneira shrugged.

"I'm fine with it so long as she's fine with it. Lets go then.  He's close by, so it shouldn't take too long."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »

Sarrani had replied.
"Much and little. The wind's whispers are always indistinct, but they tell of a heavy fate for us. A terrible doom, perhaps, but if so, it is one we share."

Search for the place the key would fit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »

Hilde noticed the very same pegasus knight from before, and decided to approach her. She also noticed the enthusiastic kid huddled around her pegasus.

"S'it Aika, aye? Ye seem tae be okay now. Fae whit ah ken, yer sticking wi' us fer now? Ah'm Hilde, if ye didnae already get that."

Hilde had requested a Sleep staff. It might be a little difficult to obtain, but she would at least want some offensive capabilities in combat.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:06:46 pm by Kelsper »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »

Aika grinned at the woman. Her accent, while heavy, had an undeniable rustic sort of charm to it.
: "Oh yes, you were the healer from the battle. Good to meet you, Hilde. And yes, I'll be staying until I'm ordered elsewhere; it's a miracle that I even made it here, so I'm not eager to try my luck attempting to fly out on my own! Not with bandits and traitors roaming the lands."

Faewynd, meanwhile, was staring expectantly at the young boy. She had heard the words "apple" and "carrot", and was hoping that words would be followed with actual food.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 31, 2014, 12:20:22 am »

Ekul goes to the old lady Peter spoke off to see what magical wares are for sale.

Ekul assumes the old lady did not sell tomes and instead notices people giving Edward a shopping list. Approaching the dark magic user, Ekul asks for a dark tome, particularly, Flux.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:37 am »

Moving to Gorog, Ekul presents the soldier's drum.

"Hey Gorog! I suppose you can make use of instruments such as this."

And passes it to the dancer without waiting for an answer.
"Thank you, Ekul."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 31, 2014, 12:06:35 pm »

Lian, irritated from Ekul's comments, took a walk to let both her head and her wound calm down. As she walked along the path, she examined her blade thoroughly.
: "Still nicked. I ought to sharpen it next chance I get..." She stated quietly to herself with a slightly grudging tone. Her eyes narrowed past the blade, and onto the familiar figure of Alexios by the road. Sheathing the sword, she approached.
: "Hey, arrow cushion." The myrmidon greeted with a smirk, "Good job with the south flank."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57