Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52590 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2014, 08:51:57 pm »

Raising an eyebrow at the price, Aneira smirked.

"A thousand gold, huh? After we just saved your butts? Come on, at least give me some discount. And the bill goes to Edward Dorinel. He's paying our bills now."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

: "Okay, I'll go talk to him. Thanks again, I look forward to working together."

She ran after the indicated man and offered him a salute. She wasn't entirely sure that anyone here actually had a military rank, but she was low enough on the totem pole that it was prudent to salute anyone she didn't know.

: "Edward, right? Jeffry says that you're one of the commanders here. Corporal Aika, Lenon Pegasus Knights, at your service. Since it looks like I might be here for a while, I figured I should get to know you mercenaries."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 27, 2014, 09:34:23 pm »

Raising an eyebrow at the price, Aneira smirked.

"A thousand gold, huh? After we just saved your butts? Come on, at least give me some discount. And the bill goes to Edward Dorinel. He's paying our bills now."

"Oh so ya don't think it's a fair price miss? You ever try raising a horse? Things are expensive you know. And why do you care? From the sounds of things you aren't even paying for it."

: "Okay, I'll go talk to him. Thanks again, I look forward to working together."

She ran after the indicated man and offered him a salute. She wasn't entirely sure that anyone here actually had a military rank, but she was low enough on the totem pole that it was prudent to salute anyone she didn't know.

: "Edward, right? Jeffry says that you're one of the commanders here. Corporal Aika, Lenon Pegasus Knights, at your service. Since it looks like I might be here for a while, I figured I should get to know you mercenaries."

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you, Aika," Edward said without missing a beat. "Please don't salute me though; I'm still getting used to my position." As it seems I wasn't even told I'd be a commander. It'll be good practice I suppose. "So, is there anything you wish to know?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

"Ah, you wouldn't have respected me if I didn't even try to negotiate. But, as you say, I'm not paying. But I had to try. And Sparks here is worth it. That much I know. I'm from the nomad tribes myself, so I have an eye for horses."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:24 pm »

Still keeping his eyes on the artifact, Ekul nods approvingly.

"Good to see these things again. Well not like it was that long ago since I last saw one. I grew up with artifacts you know, saw tons of cool stuff but most never glowed or were incomplete. Can I take a closer look at yours?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2014, 10:14:47 pm »

: "No sir, just introducing myself. Until I receive orders to the contrary, it looks like I'll be fighting alongside you guys. Makes sense to be friendly, right?" Aika looked around, but it seemed as though most other people were already deep in conversation. She sighed. "If you'll excuse me, I need to tend to my mount. Farewell."

Another salute later, she returned to Faewynd's side. The pegasus was thankfully uninjured, but fighting tended to make her a little jumpy. As she brushed the animal's coat and mane, singing softly to herself, she kept an eye on the mercenary band. She had never dealt much with these types, but they seemed decent enough.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »

"Ah, you wouldn't have respected me if I didn't even try to negotiate. But, as you say, I'm not paying. But I had to try. And Sparks here is worth it. That much I know. I'm from the nomad tribes myself, so I have an eye for horses."

"Fair enough." Richard seems largely uninterested until Aneira mentions she's from the nomad tribes. "Oh so you're from the tribes, eh? Alice is too, though she never talks about it. You sworn to a vow a secrecy about everything, not just the pirates?"

: "No sir, just introducing myself. Until I receive orders to the contrary, it looks like I'll be fighting alongside you guys. Makes sense to be friendly, right?" Aika looked around, but it seemed as though most other people were already deep in conversation. She sighed. "If you'll excuse me, I need to tend to my mount. Farewell."

Another salute later, she returned to Faewynd's side. The pegasus was thankfully uninjured, but fighting tended to make her a little jumpy. As she brushed the animal's coat and mane, singing softly to herself, she kept an eye on the mercenary band. She had never dealt much with these types, but they seemed decent enough.

"I'll see you later then." Edward waves as Aika departs. After I have a word with Geoffrey over this commander business.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 27, 2014, 11:48:29 pm »

Aneira shrugged.

"Dunno what you're talking about with the pirates. Alice just seems to be shy. Nomads don't have to keep anything secret. 'Course, we are a tribal society and lots of us tend to distrust outsiders. That might be where you got that sense of secrecy."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2014, 12:18:09 am »

Martyn bites his thumb thoughtfully.  Additional members in the group, probably a long trip but with a number of opportunities to resupply...

"Geoffrey!  Tell me when you've received the pay so I can start laying in provisions."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2014, 12:56:56 am »

Alexios put his hand out to let Ekul view the gauntlet.
:"Sure! It won't leave my band, though."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2014, 05:28:54 am »

Stroking his chin, Ekul fussed around the gauntlet for a bit, making sure he did not accidentally salivate over it as he took out a notebook and drew a rough sketch of it and noted down it glowed blue.

"Thanks. I've got to go an see to a young underfed boy so, don't mind we catch up later while I study the artifact in depth? I might not look like it but I'm a scholar of sorts when it comes to relics of the past."

With that the Itolian made his way towards the inn. Barging into the inn all high and mightily, Ekul placed both his hands on his hips and declared.

"ONCE AGAIN EVERYTHING IS SAFE! The mercenaries of Godhand held back those ruffians...oh and the Itolian army came by at the last moment and helped too I suppose. Anyway, Peter, you still around?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »

Aneira shrugged.

"Dunno what you're talking about with the pirates. Alice just seems to be shy. Nomads don't have to keep anything secret. 'Course, we are a tribal society and lots of us tend to distrust outsiders. That might be where you got that sense of secrecy."

"Miss, everyone knows you nomads know about the pirates in your desert, but i digress, that's not a discussion i should be having with a customer, specially since you were kind enough to buy 'ole Sparks." Richard cleared his throat. "Now then, follow me and I'll get you the papers you need to sign."

Martyn bites his thumb thoughtfully.  Additional members in the group, probably a long trip but with a number of opportunities to resupply...

"Geoffrey!  Tell me when you've received the pay so I can start laying in provisions."

"Will do, Martyn.

With that the Itolian made his way towards the inn. Barging into the inn all high and mightily, Ekul placed both his hands on his hips and declared.

"ONCE AGAIN EVERYTHING IS SAFE! The mercenaries of Godhand held back those ruffians...oh and the Itolian army came by at the last moment and helped too I suppose. Anyway, Peter, you still around?"

Once again Ekul manages to cause quite a scene with his entrance but everything soon reverts to it's previous calm. Peter, once again, crawled out from under a table.

"Yes I'm still here, mister. Anything interesting happen during the fight?"

---

"Attention mercenaries! The mayor will see your leaders now and present you with your promised pay! However, I ask that you report the names and the number of those under your employment beforehand so that we may know those who bravely held our town out of the clutches of bandits and deserters alike!"

"Looks like that's me. Until I get back, Edward is in charge so feel free to ask him for whatever you need." Geoffrey tells his present mercenaries before walking off to the mayor's manor with the other captains.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

Aneira grinned at the man.

"You may think there's something with pirates, and I may think there's something with pirates, but I'm still not going to talk about these supposed pirates. After all, pirates do lots of bad things in the world. It'd be dangerous to associate yourself with them. But papers, yes, I can sign those."

She followed the man, glad that soon she'd be the owner of a beautiful horse.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2014, 09:19:28 pm »

...Names.  Names.  Great.  Hopefully no one would notice his within the mercenary listing after everything that happened today and their distance from his own home, but...

Martyn pulled a small notebook from his pocket with a piece of charcoal, scribbling something on a page and ripping it out.  This he passed to Edward.

"See to it these things are purchased.  I'll meet up with the group again after you leave town."

With that, he turned away, pulling the hood of his cloak back up over his head.  He could just camp in the wilderness outside of town.  Bandits worried him a good deal less than the current occupiers of Sarles.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:40:36 pm by Lucus Casius »

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »

Shaking his head grandiosely, Ekul slumped onto a seat and ordered half a pint of watered down ale, can't trust fresh water in these parts, and downed it quickly. As what little alcohol content existed in the ale worked its wonders, Ekul sat up straight.

"Well, Peter, if you've never seen a pegasus up close in your life, now's your chance. Know any particular good places to buy magic tomes though? Seeing all those mages slinging their spells around makes me feel like I should probably put what I learned in the academy to good use."

At the back of his mind, the Itolian pondered on the merits of speaking to this Edward or Sarrani people for advice on picking the right sort of dark magic tome to purchase...with reward funds off course.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57